NSX-T or Coupe?

I think the salvage yard called ERZ is selling this car..I remember reading something on this car before about flood damage.. If someone want to buy this car they should check it out in person before making any deals..Good luck

Hey guys, I really appreciate the carfax info, even thought I didn't aske for anyone to buy it for me. If you didn't have to pay for it then props to you :smile: . Otherwise, now at least I know it might have been a lemon.

On the other side of things, does anyone have some good references I can look at to find the car that I want????

-Chris from Tacoma

P.S. Thanks Bellevue (Slownsxt)

Hi guys, I found out about this car a few months ago before I bought mine in March. I was actually interested in a black nsx and when I called the guy, Joe Toth, he said the car had been sold... but he had another one. Red/tan, low miles, amazing price. I was very interested in the car so I was willing to fly out and see it, and I thought I was going to get a steal since it hadn't gone up for sale yet. I asked him to send me pics a few times, I called him a couple times, and he never sent the pictures even though I talked about coming to see the car. Obviously I wasn't willing to fly out there if he wasn't even going to get pictures to me by email. Well needless to say, this is the same car, and Joe is a dealer who runs the salvage yard and he repairs nsx's for his personal use. I think he disclosed that the car had a salvage title and had been damaged from the front, and then I figured the price is consistent with that but I didn't want a repaired vehicle. If you're still interested I can look at some of my records though, although it sounds like you've moved on. Good luck with your search!

In regards to your original question NSX-T or Coupe?

I personally have never driven an NSX-T, but given the basic construction of any vehicle with any separation on the top of the body, I would think that at certain speeds and bumps, you would feel the integrity of the body start to twist a little.

I have owned a few Targa and T-top sports cars. 95 Supra Twin Turbo Targa, and 94 Twin Turbo Z (T-Tops). Both cars had some degree of swaying and twisting when cornering and going over bumps. Also both added more weight to the car. That's why I ended up with a 93 NSX Coupe. It does not make any noise both inside or out. It is a very solid car especially when hanging tight turns at 70mph.

Don't get me wrong I love the looks of a Targa top especially on a sunny day, but I still prefer a coupe. I believe 95+ models, there were only a limited production of Coupes. The best thing to do a good test drive on a NSX-T on a good twisty turn road like (Mt. Tams in Marin County).

Just my opinion + .02 cents.

Hi all, I'm conflicted on purchasing a coupe over a "T" simply for the fact that the car has less than 20k miles and is only $35K! So guys, I need some help here on making a decision. My goal is a '97-'99 red on black targa. This one is red on tan coupe '98.

So all suggetions are greatfull, plus what is the benefit between the two?

I purchased a 98'nsx-t i love it, but if you ever like to have extra money to invest back into the car, id recommend getting an older model, saving the exta money then put it back into the car....

Responding to ASEED18's post above, regarding Joe Toth, I sent Joe $ for some used NSX parts he said he had and did not receive the parts. I'm only out $8, but beware. His emails were delayed and lacking details.

As for Coupe vs Targa, all else being equal, I'd go for Coupe. My first two NSXs were Coupes, now I have a Targa and, although occasionally the weather allows topless driving and its sorta cool, the shaky body, reduced headroom, lack of side sun visors and reduced rearward view are not worth it, in my opinion.

As for Coupe vs Targa, all else being equal, I'd go for Coupe. My first two NSXs were Coupes, now I have a Targa and, although occasionally the weather allows topless driving and its sorta cool, the shaky body, reduced headroom, lack of side sun visors and reduced rearward view are not worth it, in my opinion.

I have never driven a coupe, but although those are points to consider, I would not use those as major reasons. Price, Condition and milage should be number one. Do you really want to spend more to have a top that comes off? I think thats the biggest issue...to go topless, or keep your wallet.

I must agree w/WarpDriveKid, the community here is awsome. I mean had i not posted this topic, I may have made a major mistake. If anyone is curious, the guy didn't even mention he owned a salvage yard. Kind seemed like he could slip one under the radar, know what mean?

On a side note, how long did it take you guys before you found your NSX? It has been seemingly dificult for me to find mine. Again I do appreciate everyones input on the coupe/Targa topic.

-Chris from Tacoma

I think the salvage yard called ERZ is selling this car..I remember reading something on this car before about flood damage.. If someone want to buy this car they should check it out in person before making any deals..Good luck

I also recall someone looking at an ERZ car, and ERZ did not reveal it to be salvaged.

I hear that the folks at ERZ (Joe and Tibor Toth) are good resources for parts since they have an inventory of salvaged NSX's. I have never purchased from them. I've called and asked about parts, but the prices seemed high...

When i got my first Nsx a number of years back, I bought it from an Acura store manager. He has a personal interest in this car, so he tends to locate and resale them in his dealership. I ended up getting another from him, as ppl like him have a vast resource, aswell as knowledge when picking these up. It's a hit 'n miss if you find them random at an Audi dealership for say or private. Try and look for these dealers/wholesalers, as they are up to speed on the current market inventory and changes, and they usually have more pull in the price than regular salesman.

Back