• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Nsx Replacement Designers Are Stuck

Hey, if Family Guy can get back on the air, then the HSC can get back on the production line.

By the way, I did nothing but change cosmetic appearance in my chop. I even went so far as to make the intake shallower so the cross-section would scoop up roughly the same amount of air. It should be down to tweaking body panels and a change to the rear glass, nothing more. The frame and the working bits should all be the same. By doing this, I've eliminated my only issues with the vehicle.

Unfortunately, even if Honda is open to re-examining the HSC, they're a lot less likely to go for other designs here that have the frame or engine changing. My whole point, which I think I made on this thread, but maybe on another, is that I think they should just re-open the HSC file, tweak the cosmetic problems, and put the damned thing into production instead of lollygagging for another five goddamned years with nothing to show except for another weird pewter penis car, remarkable for nothing except its ugliness.

I dont know why Honda has such a big problem. keep the HSC concept and add some twin turbo to a mr v8 or keep the v6 but add some turbos

turbonsx.jpg

I dont know why Honda has such a big problem. keep the HSC concept and add some twin turbo to a mr v8 or keep the v6 but add some turbos

turbonsx.jpg

I think you're going to have problems with the ride quality with those wheels on any car, not including being able to get them balanced.

Btw, what is the deal with your obcession with turbos??

Without B-pillar.

front/rear slightly longer. Reshaped intake.

Couldn't figure a wing. not sure it's needed.

The (HSC) is so buildable..They could even use a revised version of the current chassis to save some costs and I don't think anyone would complain..It's as good as anything. A solid, lightweight V-8 complete's the update.

spooler

Excellent! Think it does need the signature NSX integrated wing, would have the rear glass cover the engine a little more, and how about the scoop blending into the door more like the previous NSX?

OTOH, they could just supercharge the previous NSX :biggrin:

I think you're going to have problems with the ride quality with those wheels on any car, not including being able to get them balanced.

Btw, what is the deal with your obcession with turbos??

I love turbos, the best thing man ever created for a car besides the engine. I've owned quite a few turbo cars in my time as a youngster. The best and most fun was a 1985 (i think it was a 80'ish) Datsun 200sx Turbo (not to be confuse with 260-280z turbo. i know the difference). man that car was fun to drive. Also i had a STi and WRX (12 second car).

When they announced the NS-X then, it was a show car that looked just like the final product except for some minor details such as the front spoiler opening and interior pieces. Otherwise, Honda said they were going to build it and they did. Honda was also kicking a lot of behinds in F1. There were not any jerking around and BS. Honda then was a very credible and down to earth company with people like Uehara and Soichiro.
Steve

:eek: How'd You know what's in my hand!?!?:tongue:

Here's my question. Let's go back in time to the late 1980's. Were there lots of rumors abound regarding the Honda's supposed Super Car called the NS-X:cool:

What kind of speculations were being drawn up back then?? Can anyone remember?? I was still in Middle School myself so I have no idea.

Were people way off with their predictions? Did Honda introduce a concept car that either resembled or was completely different from our beloved NSX??

I'd like the original '91 NSX owners like Ken Sax to chime in on this also.

I love turbos, the best thing man ever created for a car besides the engine. I've owned quite a few turbo cars in my time as a youngster. The best and most fun was a 1985 (i think it was a 80'ish) Datsun 200sx Turbo (not to be confuse with 260-280z turbo. i know the difference). man that car was fun to drive. Also i had a STi and WRX (12 second car).

260 and 280Z were never turbo...:confused: :tongue:
I'm trying to change that.

When they announced the NS-X then, it was a show car that looked just like the final product except for some minor details such as the front spoiler opening and interior pieces. Otherwise, Honda said they were going to build it and they did. Honda was also kicking a lot of behinds in F1. There were not any jerking around and BS. Honda then was a very credible and down to earth company with people like Uehara and Soichiro.
Steve

Thanks for Chiming in Steve. Well then, I was hoping to hear that Honda was doing similar things back then as they are today in the hopes that all of this was an attempt to mislead everyone before unveiling the final product to wow us all. Apparently, they are utterly confused.:frown:

Excellent! Think it does need the signature NSX integrated wing, would have the rear glass cover the engine a little more, and how about the scoop blending into the door more like the previous NSX?

OTOH, they could just supercharge the previous NSX :biggrin:

Thanx..but I tried your Idea's and it came out so good I can't believe it!:tongue:

Note :Micro Wing positioned the only place it could go..Gosh I'm good:biggrin:

Inlet's positioned closer to door (critical tip) ...door line to match

I think the Canopy is fine and if I lower my rear glass a bit, may have room for Sun-roof... be fantastic on a coupe version.

This could be it Fella's:wink:

Attachments

• 23.jpg
    23.jpg
    42.7 KB · Views: 2,667
  • 25.jpg
    25.jpg
    42.8 KB · Views: 164
Last edited:

Honda has always been about NA with Performance aspects of their vehicles. Yeah and easy power, but I rather have a NA V8 than Twin Turbo'ed V6/V8

Has usually Honda, are the designers looking at this site (Prime) to get idle of what NSX Owners like, if not. Someone should advise them to get their heads out of their ass’s and start looking at this blog. Ps. How can I purchase the HSC Prototype ? :cool:

Last edited:
Now THAT looks worthy of being called the next NSX :biggrin:

Seriously Spooler, you need to send your work in to Honda. This one as well as the previous creations you made. Along with that, we need a letter from this community that would compliment your design work.

I could care less about Fukui's FR replacement. That thing will be a bigger sales Flop than the NSX was during its life cycle.

I can get email addresses of American Honda for you.

Has anyone ever attempted to make an HSC bodykit? Just wondering since people have Ferrari kits for the NSX....:confused:

How can I purchase the HSC Prototype ? :cool:

Was there ever one made with an actual drivetrain? Seems they stretched the chassis and moved the rear wheel back a good 6-8", I doubt the NSX engine/trans could be positioned there without leaving a huge gap between the firewall and passangers compartment.

Thx,

I'm so Glad that the changes look right.

I also like the enlarged original HSC Inlet.

The lenghth increase sets it off most for me. Transforms the toy like apperance of original to a more elegant stance. I for one, want a slightly bigger car overall.
Original is a very small car.

F-16..thx for comments......Re: Honda....I have to think that..they've got to be watching.

If you've got a contact address, just send it in. If they use it, we will all take credit. Our Design Company name will be.."Prime Design"

spooler

Last edited:
Dammit Spooler!!!! Why did you have to make the HSC look so freaking good.

attachment.php

DUDE That is the shit right there!

Someone PLEASE send this to HONDA! NOW

Was there ever one made with an actual drivetrain? Seems they stretched the chassis and moved the rear wheel back a good 6-8", I doubt the NSX engine/trans could be positioned there without leaving a huge gap between the firewall and passangers compartment.

Yes there was, there's even a video out there on the internetz of one being driven.

Spooler!! That's the Stuff right Nyeeeeuh!!!

One request (I'm never satisfied I know)....Could you place a small intake just before the front wheels on the fender...kinda like Ferrari:confused:

Thx,
If you've got a contact address, just send it in. If they use it, we will all take credit. Our Design Company name will be.."Prime Design"

spooler

Seriously! Who has contacts at the Acura Design Center in Los Angeles?

Here's a better image of it to start working on guys:

1779-1.jpg

Back