NSX is a Corvette??

You all are getting these questions because you own shitty colors.

All I get is "hey mister... is that a Zonda?"

Is this true? I haven't heard this before.

Well, not only that, I might be wrong but he was chief designer for the Enzo, he also directed GM studio for the camaro/vette ... worked for Pinifarina, etc ... that guy is a genius of a designer!!

Oscar

I'm actually surprised by the venom expressed towards Corvette owners & the preconceived notions of their owners. Actually I always wondered it it is true that 'vettes are strictly for rednecks (hell, I'm PROUD of being a redneck). Anyway, I had actually looked briefly at a 2004 vette myself at some point before going back to NSX ownership (after a 3 yr hiatus) & I will say that the performance was astounding. But, the workmanship inside was suspect & I didn't like the climb over the wide sills.... Regardless, I wonder how many people are mistakenly assuming that all NSX owners are young asian kids who can finally afford to move out of true rice-burner ownership now. That is certainly far from the truth, too, so the myths hold true both ways.

Oh, and I too have been asked it mine is a vette or a ferrari. Yesterday somebody asked if it was the new Nissan. And as a testament to the quality of our original paintjobs (mine is blue/camel 1997) many people cannot believe that it is 13 yrs old...

I.... Regardless, I wonder how many people are mistakenly assuming that all NSX owners are young asian kids who can finally afford to move out of true rice-burner ownership now

2 funny!!!

==

Went to fill up the tank this morning, a big guy parks behind me and asks, "Is that a Lamborghini?" ... I said, "No, it's an Acura" .... he looked me a bit disappointed and said, "Is that an 04?" ... I said, "No, it's a 97" --he was even MORE DISAPPOINTED by this point-- .. then B4 he gave up he asks, "How much was this car price?" ... I said, "Around 85-90K" .. he said, "oh" .... and walked towards the gas station building with a "broken heart" lololol ...

Obviously he wasn't a car enthusiast but a person that was excited to see an exotic looking car but he was craving for a Italian name and a high price tag LOL!

Oscar

My parking garrage security guy loves to see my NSX come up the drive from under the building I work in. He stopped me and said "man I sure love your car - it looks like a new car - what year is it? I told him it's a 91 - he just shook his head and it sure is beautiful. He's not too much of a car guy but he obviously knows something looks good when he sees it.

Always nice to get a reaction like that. Instead of the one Oscar got - we all know how nice Oscar's looks. All kinds out there aren't there Oscar....I'm sure you've gotten your fair share of compliments too!

Always nice to get a reaction like that. Instead of the one Oscar got - we all know how nice Oscar's looks. All kinds out there aren't there Oscar....I'm sure you've gotten your fair share of compliments too!

I get a lot of compliments yes, gas station trips are always @ 6-7am for me b/c there's not much people so I avoid chatting LOL ... but the thing about South Florida is that here you see lots of Lambos, Ferraris, hundreds of porsches and Bentleys and trillion Vettes and other nice cars everyday ... so our NSX's here get lost on a world of brand new shiny bling!

Oscar

I can see why someone could get confused. :eek:

13jd.jpg

22iu.jpg

36ot.jpg

50cb1.jpg

207uq.jpg

I met the owner of that vette at a Tidewater Sports Car Club autocross at Little Creek. They did a very good job retrofitting the NSX headlights.

I got "the wave" this morning from a guy in an older vette. This time I decided to wave back hehe

I don't think it is a coincidence that they look so similar. IIRC, GM bought and dissected a NA1 NSX when they were desigining the C5 Vette. Especially the chassis rigidity aspect. Our NSX really was a game changer for many sports cars in the 1990's.

I happen to live VERY close the GM Tech Center in Michigan. One of my former neighbors was an engineer at GM during that exact time that you referenced.

While I was moving into my current home, my neighbor saw my NSX being offloaded from the transporter and came over to have a closer look. He related the exact story as above and stated that the Corvette engineers at GM took apart a brand new NSX one bolt at a time and scrutinized every detail. He said that all of the engineers there were very impressed and that he continues to have a high regard for the car.

Unfortunately with GM's financial troubles my neighbor lost his job. With 2 PhDs on his CV he offered to take a position on the assembly line or even cleaning floors to stay with the company but they still forced him into "early retirement". On the bright side he has since moved to China (his wife is Chinese) where he is teaching at the university level and is apparently doing quite well.

Since I live deep in the heart of GM/Corvette territory I am outnumbered by the thousands...

Yes the nsx headlight on a corvette conversion is real as the old thread is mentioned.

Back