NSX = Chick magnet? Stories please!

Some friends of mine and I rented a '78 Rolls Royce Corniche Convertible and went to Vegas for New Years many many moons ago (23 years ago, actually, so the '78 wasn't all that old at the time).

We would cruise the strip, and hookers would actually climb into the car when we paused at red lights - without us asking them to or even calling them over. Getting them out was actually difficult!

We had this whole alternate identity scam going on about how we were gigolos from Bev Hills, but that's another story ... ;)

great chick magnet! I always say "this car changed my life..." :wink:

Geez! You guys must live in a deprived part of the world! :biggrin: I get looks from ALL sorts! Chicks, guys, grannies, kids, enthusiasts, EVERYONE! I can my car photos taken everytime I drive it. I can see people panic trying to get their camera ready quickly for the shot as I drive pass them before I dissappear. This is where I slow down sometimes and let them have their moment but other times blitz pass them on purpose so they miss they shot :biggrin:

So far all the chicks I have given the ride to in my NSX absolutely fell in love with it and want more! especially with the roof off :wink:

Its sex on wheels.....really :wink:

this thread is funny. I will share a couple stories. I had a 01 celica gt and I was coming back from a movie and getting into the car in a parking lot with a buddy of mine when this cute asian girl comes over leaving her friends in her car and was like, "nice car" i was like "thanks" and then she was like, "can you help me out..." I was like "what the freaking hell... I was just about to leave." "see I ran out of gas... or I think I am running out of gas." I replied, "I know theres are gas station down the street (pointing in the direction)" she responded, "well I was wondering if you would go down there and get gas and bring it back to me cuz I think I am gunna run out of gas." looking at her car parked I was like... "ok... how the hell am I supposed to do this - I have no place to put gas in..." chick says, "well how about I give you my number and call me when you get gas..." I was like, "I see!" and I knew it was obvious she wanted me. well that relationship was rather whimsical but we had our fun. I am by no means a supermodel or a millionaire, but I tell you look the part gentlemen.

then my next car I bought was the 04 rx8 right when it came out. (what a disappointment performance wise). I parked it in a parking lot near a beach at night to meet a friend and a woman walked by, and was like talking to her husband... "is this a toyota? I think its a toyota" well theres a large chrome MAZDA badge in the front where she was staring... "oh its a mazda, I didnt realize mazda made cars like this." couple of my old friends that are female I gave a ride to get something to eat and my friend was like "wow I feel like a VIP or something in this car sittin in the back." the rx8 was fun reaction wise. I took it to vegas a couple years ago and was cruising the strip with 3 other friends and then a white nissan full of girls were like, hey! sexy car, whats your number... I was laughing I thought it was funny... and my passenger was like responded with a lightning flex reaction by screaming his phone number... "7-1-4...." and then traffic caught up and they made a turn. that was a classic moment. i remember racing this really hot girl in a red mr2... she was pretty decent but I whooped on her... it was funny - HEY! i couldnt loose to a girl...
this one time I was driving my friends stupid yellow mr2 targa turbo and some guy was like nice car... i was like its not mine. is that a ferrari? no, its a toyota... oh... silence* nice car..."

next car was a 03 mitsubishi lancer evo8. man this car does not get the chicks wet... probably cuz I was going way too fast in this car to even notice... lol it was SOOO much fun though. it does look like a regular stupid lancer oz or something, but I bought it for driving excitement. but chicks do like it when you shoot flames out your exhaust and are kicking ass at the street races (even your friends hot girlfriend). once you see or feel this car in action, you will have second thoughts... gave a ride to my good friend that are young college age females and they were impressed and scared. I quote them saying "it feels like a rollercoaster" and thats exactly what my mom said lol! I did get quite a few questions from women concerning my blow off valve. "Justin, is something wrong with your car?" "what are you talking about?" "your car is making a funny noise..." "oh really? whats it sound like?" "like a hissing noise" "its telling you that you need to SHHHHH, my car thinks you talk to much." "oh... (silence)" another comment by girls "why do you have that HUGE wing on your car? you look like you are in the fast and furious or something." "thanks, but its for downforce" "oh, I think its ugly" "i have to go now..."

"justin, why is your exhaust purple?" "justin, why does your radiator have writing on it and a thing attached to it?" "justin, why is your hood black with checkers and your car silver?"

dogs like the blow off valve too. last summer I was driving pch during a warm night and a woman had her purse dog with long hair small little animal dog thing and the window down holding it on the window sill. this is kinda mean, but I boosted it up and let the pressure and b.o.v. scream next to the dog. all I can say is the little doggie jumped about 2 feet into the owners lap... good times.

i have more funny stories but that is for another time - like when my friend took his mom's purple convertible sebring to a bunch of parties...! i think its all about body langauge, no matter what car you drive, drive it like you are the MAN. lean back relaxed and emulate what you think a bad ass would do. - how would a someone driving a ferrari look driving? its all about attitude and body language. girls will notice, even if you are driving your dads avalon ;)

AndyVecsey said:
Be prepared for a disappointment, if you are waiting for a chick's thumbs up. In seven years of NSX ownership this has happened to me one time. As I was exiting the convenience store walking to my car parked right outside, two chicks were going in and both said nice car.

99.9% of the remaining time, the thumbs up comes from guys.

No matter how shallow- any figure that is truely worthy of requiring this discussion would likely be far more interested in who is sitting in the drivers seat. Inevitably your ride is just a dollar sign- and that definitely doesn't get you anything for free.

Thus, I have to agree with Andy. IMHO, there are far better vehicle platforms across a wide range of price points for soliciting yourself if this is to be the intended purpose.

If this truely is the primary application for a new/prospective owner, my suggestion is to save your cash- afterall you'll need it, and she will later come to appreciate your added restraint about 30 seconds after parking at the mall.

The bottom line is that some woman may come to appreciate your car, but all will immediately appreciate your plastic.

Back