NSX-AUDI R8 comparison

You know I think the R8 is what the NSX was years back - a supercar that is quite liveable in everyday use just like the NSX was and is. The R8 has been created by Audi not to be a Gallardo but something that is user friendly and can be used much like an NSX. Audi has done a great job and they obviously used the same formula Honda did with the NSX.

That being said my car is being featured in CAR magazine (Middle East Edition) with the Audi R8 just to show the formula is a good one. Once its in print I'll be sure to scan it onto NSX Prime.

We owners should be so lucky to own a car that is still being used as a benchmark in some ways.

As for the comments regarding German cars...come off it! Every marque has its issues and you can't generalize one is more "Crap" than the other. Trust me I've had my issues with my Integra and my present S2000.

My mate has owned his M3 for 4 trouble free years....I can't even say the same for my 07 S2000! Still love Honda but every brand has its issues.

I think the R8 is quite nice especially the styling of the rear engine area. Wont sell my NSX ever but I can appreciate other cars that evoke the same emotions...

Jetpilot

Sure.

When I see cars with 4000 miles on the clock coming in for warranty work, check engine lights, SRS lights, and a host more electrical problems, it completely turned me off the brand, to the point where I don't want to work there anymore. I want a 99-02 M Coupe. Now I'm not so sure. The maintenace would kill me.

And don't even get me started on the attitude I get in there. Yes, I know you own a 98 320. It's still a piece of shit since you didn't maintain it.

:mad:

My father actually had that exact car! He had a 2000 M-coupe in black, great car bought it CPO with 6600 miles on it, put plenty of miles on it as a daily driver and never once had an issue.

As far as the maintenance I can see people's argguement agaisnt typically more expensive cars to maintian such as BMWs and Mercedes, yet i would expect a more complex car such as a BMW to be more maintenance intensive. As I am sure you know they have lots of active and passive systems always running, this doesn't mean they are crap that is just there method of production. Hell when GM is overly simplistic with their cars (Camaro) we call them dated and POSs.

These cars you see with 4000 miles and issues already, do you have a chance to talk to the owners? Are they everyday cars with apathetic owners? Are they well maintained, if at all?

All i am trying to say is that in all of the BMWs my family has owned both M variants and not we have yet to have one problem.

Some of you guys keep yapping about the power / weight ratio and it will not stand up to F-cars and other exotics...

The lap time of the R8 says otherwise...check out the bottom table of the link...

Never said anything myself about the ability of the R8 to stand up to F-cars or any other car for that matter.
But the R8 IS a heavy car.
The German Sport Auto Magazine, which routinely take their test cars out on the Nurburgring, clocked the R8 there at 8:04 minutes. The same driver managed 8:09 in a RHD NSX-R.

I am hoping that it never achieves real popularity (like our NSX). It will be a wonderful replacement to my NSX in five years when they depreciate enough.

I spoke to my Audi dealer here. He said he won't even get allocated 1 this year. The large Canadian dealers may get 3 or 4. That means let's say 20 for Canada? I don't believe it for a second. However, it is illegal to charge a premium over MSRP up here, and that's why a considerable amount of the 1991 NSXs destined for Canada went to the USA instead.

I'll bet that side pannel gets painted body colour in a couple of years, just liket the black roof on our cars.

I'll bet that side pannel gets painted body colour in a couple of years, just liket the black roof on our cars.

I believe the "blade" side panel being exposed carbon fibre or painted is an option.

Never said anything myself about the ability of the R8 to stand up to F-cars or any other car for that matter.
But the R8 IS a heavy car.
The German Sport Auto Magazine, which routinely take their test cars out on the Nurburgring, clocked the R8 there at 8:04 minutes. The same driver managed 8:09 in a RHD NSX-R.

I was reading the magazine EVO today and they credited the audi engineers for making such a relatively slow and heavy car be able to be driven as fast as cars with better power to weight ratios.

One must credit their engineers for making such a chubby car so easy to drive and to make its drivers feel comfortable with pushing it to the limits of the car.

<object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/6eIkO4Wlc4g"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/6eIkO4Wlc4g" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>

BMW = Bavarian Manure Wagon.

They're so bad that most years Peugeot is the best selling car in Germany. Now that's embarrassing!

That's because Germans are very arrogant about their products. They think that everything that says "Made in Deutschland" is superior in every way so they overprice it. I'd take a TSX over a 3 Series any day...

And before you flame me, I'm German by blood and actually grew up there.

That's because Germans are very arrogant about their products. They think that everything that says "Made in Deutschland" is superior in every way so they overprice it. I'd take a TSX over a 3 Series any day...

And before you flame me, I'm German by blood and actually grew up there.

I own a BMW and it's a fantastic driver's car. I looked at TSX & TLs and they are excellent cars, but do not compare to a 3 series. If they had rear wheel drive, that would be a different story.

Oh ya, I'm of strong German decent, and have owned 5 Acuras. Now that I can afford it, my choice was Deutschland uber alles.

The Audi will be a fantastic car. I can't wait to drive it.

I own a BMW and it's a fantastic driver's car. I looked at TSX & TLs and they are excellent cars, but do not compare to a 3 series. If they had rear wheel drive, that would be a different story.

Oh ya, I'm of strong German decent, and have owned 5 Acuras. Now that I can afford it, my choice was Deutschland uber alles.

The Audi will be a fantastic car. I can't wait to drive it.

I see you have a 07.. They look good but personally, I really wouldn't trust the longevity of a BMW. I wouldn't be worried about the motor itself, just all the electrics on the car.

I lived in Colorado for 9 years, the FWD TL's are better in snow, unless you have an X bimmer.

Back