NSX-AUDI R8 comparison

I did a quick search and did not see this mentioned but Car & Driver (or Road & Track...I can't recall) had short summaries of hot 2008 cars and the opening lines of the R8 summary (positively) refers to it as the NSX of 2008.
:-)

One of my favorite car mag's is in the process of doing a direct comparison of the NSX and the R8 where the premise is that the NSX was the first user friendly, daily driver type Exotic and the R8 is carrying the torch.

I love the specs and numbers on the R8, but cant get past the look. It looks somehow....fat....i dunno...might just be me....:confused: I like the sleek look of my NSX. I guess if I was an Audi guy i'd be all over the R8. But i'd sooner grab its italian cousin the Gallardo.

I love the specs and numbers on the R8, but cant get past the look. It looks somehow....fat....i dunno...might just be me....:confused: I like the sleek look of my NSX. I guess if I was an Audi guy i'd be all over the R8. But i'd sooner grab its italian cousin the Gallardo.

Have you seen one in person/on the road...I have not. But it might take the place of my next target Ford GT.

It looks better in person and sounds pretty beefy a very low growl to it.

Last edited:
Have you seen one in person/on the road...I have not. But it might take the place of my next target Ford GT.

I see them weekly and still am not impressed. It's too heavy and that side panel is yuck! Plus the NSX was/is extremely reliable and your not going to get that from Audi! Face it unless Honda or Toyota make it reliability will be an issue!

No, but someone here posted a pic of their white NSX sitting next to an R8. Cant remember the link though. The R8 looked a little tubby. Again not a bag on the R8, the cars looks just don't do it for me.

I went to a local dealer where the saleswoman told me she needs $5000 down and she will put me on the list. I asked "how is it that you want me to buy it without even having seen it?" and she told me "sir I have been selling high end cars for 15 years and this is very common". I said "I'm sorry, unlike your other customers, I worked for my money" and walked out. I am turned off to the whole car now for some reason. I think its ugly. :biggrin:

(...)I am turned off to the whole car now for some reason. I think its ugly. :biggrin:

well...those 3 highlighted ideas lead me to believe that you turned off for some reason just because after that you took a good look to your NSX and concluded that the R8 its ugly :wink: :wink: :wink:

No, but someone here posted a pic of their white NSX sitting next to an R8.

Well, it's not white, but here's my NSX next to an R8:

nsx+r8.jpg

More pics...

After driving the R8 around the hills of the SF Peninsula, I gotta say: this is the car that I would have hoped Honda would make. A nice beefy high-revving n/a V8 fitted to a slick car that sticks to the road like glue. It's fast as all get out -- Audi says 0-60 in 4.5s, but some magazine timed it out at 3.9s! That's unreal. It feels way faster than my NSX, too.

I'm sticking with my car, but if I were in the market for a new car, the R8 would be on my very short list.

I went to a local dealer where the saleswoman told me she needs $5000 down and she will put me on the list. I asked "how is it that you want me to buy it without even having seen it?" and she told me "sir I have been selling high end cars for 15 years and this is very common". I said "I'm sorry, unlike your other customers, I worked for my money" and walked out. I am turned off to the whole car now for some reason. I think its ugly. :biggrin:

LOL!! I hate snobby car sales people like that. If she thinks selling Audis for 15 years is high end enough to sound like a stuck up b*tch, she is mistaken. :mad:

It looks better in person and sounds pretty beefy a very low growl to it.

It does look much better in person. I remember seeing the pearl white one at the Detroit auto show this year and thinking, 'Wow. Nice concept,' until a friend told me it was a real production car. Very cool!!

I work at edmunds.com and got to sit in the new R8...

www.enkrypted.com/R8.rar - took some pics of it... The sound is incredible... and w/ 420 something HP isnt bad! It would definitely smoke the NSX... wouldn't be too hard to get 500HP out of it I dont think...

I'm sticking with my car, but if I were in the market for a new car, the R8 would be on my very short list.

Doesn't do anything for me. A Vector W8 is next on my list. :eek:

I work at edmunds.com and got to sit in the new R8...

www.enkrypted.com/R8.rar The sound is incredible... and w/ 420 something HP isnt bad! It would definitely smoke the NSX

It won't smoke an NSX with a CTSC and some basic suspension mods.

I went to drive the R8, to really get an idea of what spending the money I have would get me from the factory... to see if the fat all wheel drive pig is really is better than my car... until I ran into that woman. I was driving in my Honda Element that morning so she probably assumed I am yanking her chain. I should have asked if that was her ride parked in the corner pointing to the broom in the closet.

I like the R8, high reving V8 always got my heart, it's not exactly the most beautiful car but I think Audi did not want a highly exotic looking car, they already got them with Lamborghini. Saw them running laps at the Nürburging and some on the street. They look way better in motion than standing.

They're so bad that most years Peugeot is the best selling car in Germany. Now that's embarrassing!

Repeating lies doesn't make them true. :wink:

Back