NSX 2.0 Positives

Not that we needed some balance on Prime but I thought it would be helpful note what some of us love about the production 2015 NSX. Haters post somewhere else :)

For Me:

- Love the Exhaust: Combines the 4 pipes of the C7 with the Trapezoid of the One:1

- Love the surface vents and details: The front finally looks mean and sharp and low; the large side vents are much more dramatic and the smaller vents behind the front wheels are beautiful; the hood vents look great as does the rear spoiler and rear diffuser

- Love the side view mirrors and cannot believe they actually made it into production

- Love the mid-engined proportions

- Love the wheels

- Love the fact you can see the engine though agree they could improve the presentation

- Love the fact they made it 3 inches wider

- Like the Horsepower and have a feeling we will love the torque

- Like the interior

- Love the 9 Speed DCT

- Love the fact that it can run in electric only mode

Can't wait to pick up a used one in about 10 years.

after 10 years those batteries will likely be shot and I doubt they are priced as those from Civic Hybrid... otherwise agree with you on positive points

profile and rear end are beautiful aesthetically. the front bumper needs some sort of minor re-working to clean up the lines a bit but overall its a beautiful car.

I have owned a 91 NSX for 5 years and now have had my 2001 in the garage going on 15 years. To say that I have really enjoyed owning the NSX is an understatement. One of the best cars I have ever owned. With respect to the new NSX I am thrilled that they have finally delivered. My bet is that most of the complainers cannot pony up the money. They seem to enjoy finding fault, when for me I am ecstatic that Honda finally pulled it off. The car strikes me as an incredible technological triumph that most on this forum have little understanding of or appreciation for. I believe once the media gets to drive this car we will find that it performs incredibly well. I am betting that Honda/Acura will build to order and keep the number down similar to the formula that Ferrari uses. That is a smart way to go. Having driven hybrids now for over 10 years and electrics for over 4 years I am very excited as to the performance characteristics of this car.

I have owned a 91 NSX for 5 years and now have had my 2001 in the garage going on 15 years. To say that I have really enjoyed owning the NSX is an understatement. One of the best cars I have ever owned. With respect to the new NSX I am thrilled that they have finally delivered. My bet is that most of the complainers cannot pony up the money. They seem to enjoy finding fault, when for me I am ecstatic that Honda finally pulled it off. The car strikes me as an incredible technological triumph that most on this forum have little understanding of or appreciation for. I believe once the media gets to drive this car we will find that it performs incredibly well. I am betting that Honda/Acura will build to order and keep the number down similar to the formula that Ferrari uses. That is a smart way to go. Having driven hybrids now for over 10 years and electrics for over 4 years I am very excited as to the performance characteristics of this car.

I strongly agree with your sentiments, especially about the haters and HP chasers.

- - - Updated - - -

I would also like to add the interior design homages to the original NSX as positives. I like that they simplified the buttons and layout like that of the original spartan NSX interior buttons (compared to typical luxury cars interior button layouts). Everyone should look again closely and see if they can spot the homages.

I am gonna disobey and just combine my general pro's and con's into a single post.
1. Aventador-esque rear side vents that are now MASSIVE.
2. Center-up exhaust (still could use work, nothing aftermarket won't fix though)
3. 9-sp DCT (I mentioned in another thread that I foresaw Acura doing a bespoke transmission for the NSX and it seems I was correct on this one)
4. Side profile
5. Wheels
6. Overall size (smaller than 911)
DISLIKES
1. Price PRICE PRIIIIIICE.
2. Rounded and elongated nose (assuming for pedestrian safety requirements and other regulations)
3. Rounded, softer headlight shape
4. Silver beak
5. Overdone two-tone interior
NEUTRAL
1. 550-ish hp (glad its not less but I was secretly hoping and wishing for 600+)

Last edited:
Here's a positive with regards to the price:
Unless American Honda is content with averaging 300 units/yr in the first two years of production (if they're lucky), expect big dealer cash to move these out of Marysville.

The first year of 3.2L there was already $10K to dealer + $5K owner loyalty not even 9 months into production. That, on < $89K sticker. What happens then with $150 or $180,000 (gasp) Acuras where demand just isn't there?

Are you guys serious?? This car is a bargain at $150,000. McLaren 650, 458 Italia, Huracan are all $100,000 more.

I'm putting off getting the 2nd gen R8 V10 until I've seen the new NSX up close.

2016-acura-nsx-interior-view-02.jpg

My new lock screen wallpaper for my phone. I think the interior looks great as far as sculpturing and fit/finish.

Last edited:
I thinks the car looks beautiful :smile:

We keep looking at pictures of course for now, but remember this car is just 1,2 meters high. That means you're look DOWN to it almost all the time when you're not IN it.
That gives you a very different perspective.
I won't be able to afford this car new unfortunately, with taxes where I live (which are now based on CO2 emissions largely), the price will be something like 200K Euro's.
But, perhaps in a few years.

If I could fork out the cash now, I wouldn't hesitate.

My new lock screen wallpaper for my phone. I think the interior looks great as far as sculpturing and fit/finish.

Where does the cassette tape go? :)

Thread on NSX 2.0 negs has 69 posts, this one only 18 (now).

Positive: I LOVE mine even more now!!! :D

Wasn't a fan of the first concept but the subtle changes have really transformed the production car.
I have some dislikes too but in line with the OP's theme for the post: I
LIKE: The more cab-forward design with the longitudinal engine layout that makes a shape thats more evocative and reminiscent of the original.
LIKE: Wider is better.
LIKE: Addition of the aero features break up the monotonous slab slidedness of the concept.
LIKE: The bigger hood inlets make it look more aggressive.
LIKE: The V6 in their supercar at the same time they are re-entering F1 with Mclaren. I'm sure the timing isn't a coincidence but I like it anyway.
LIKE: The extra effort they took to shrink the A-pillars to increase forward visibility is masterstroke . Shows a commitment to being driver focused like the original. Indicates Klaus and company really took Uehara's advice to heart and makes it more likely that ethos will extend to other intangibles to make it a drivers car.
LIKE: Rear aspect looks great.
LIKE: The interior looks fantastic. Clean and functional yet high end just like the original. Not fiddly or gimmicky.

If it looks this good in pictures it will surely look twice as good in person. Can't wait to see one.
Well done Honda. But in my mind it must be bullet proof reliable to hope to aspire to reach the mythical status of the original over the years to come, no matter how good its performance is. Reliability and driveability are what really set the 1stGen NSXs apart from their contemporaries and supercars made since then.

Last edited:

Sorry... its not giving me the WOW feeling :frown:
Not sure if im the only one feeling this....

I am honestly not diggin that dash.
The overlay on the passenger side doesn't look right. Seems out of place or looks like a peice of panel that was layed on top.
I guess I have to see the real thing to have a better understanding on what the design aspects of the interior

I guess I have to see the real thing to have a better understanding on what the design aspects of the interior

The angular Y shape or flying buttress theme is repeated in the interior and exterior of the car. Also, the wheels actually. That's the theme. I think the clashing two tone red and black is throwing you off. It unsettled me at first, as it should be simplified and toned downed. But I can look over that detail and see it as a homogeneous sculpture and I like it.

I love the new (complete) looks in addition to the all the vents and airflows.
I believe they kept the side mirrors the same?

Positive: short front overhang compared to the gen 1 nsx. Likely clear slope driveways better when lowered.

Good point. I didn't even think about that. No more having to enter/exit at an angle :biggrin:

Back