No talk about the PURE900 turbo upgrade?

Impressive - I wish they listed the TQ - My poor eyes do not like trying to read the graphs alone - Why they did not include the e40 Stage 2 Numbers - Choices - for 7000 NSX 80hp /TQ 20 or GTR 5000 for 200hp /150 tq

Instagram scales photos for cell phones but the higher res image can still be extracted. This should help:

449837920_18443516044036653_8660683488473908238_n.jpg

719 lb-ft at the wheels. Very nice...

Oh well - I just ordered - Will be here Next Thursday

Last edited:
Don't rule out the JB4 yet....

View attachment 192320
I Hope this is not the case ...my jb4 nsx 100.octane could not keep up with my GTR fbo e85 ...after k1 tune stage 1 dead even ...stage 2 e40 ..nsx was gapping GTR ...I will.bs very dissapointed if this upgrade gives me the same results

No commission? ;)

Congrats. Enjoy and report back! Would love to read your impressions.
LOL - dropping her off in 1 hour - They will Start Monday and I should get back by Thursday - They finished GTR today - so I will do an EXCHANGE

Attachments

• nsx.jpg
    nsx.jpg
    108.4 KB · Views: 13
Don't rule out the JB4 yet....

View attachment 192320
Based on flow data I have from the NC1 port fuel injectors, I'm fairly certain we have maxed out the injectors and possibly the fuel pump. I will have flow data for the direct injectors in the near future to confirm the horsepower limit imposed by the stock injectors.

Based on flow data I have from the NC1 port fuel injectors, I'm fairly certain we have maxed out the injectors and possibly the fuel pump. I will have flow data for the direct injectors in the near future to confirm the horsepower limit imposed by the stock injectors.
I would agree with you on that - I assume why the Tune stopped at e40
I had the same Question - When I did a Turbo Upgrade on GTR I had to upgrade FUEL PUMPS and INjectors - Apples to Oranges - I sent Ktuner my datalogs for analysis they said all was fine with the STAGE 3 e40 Setup stock turbos - I will know all for sure next week

So my car is still at SoS waiting for transport. I asked Chris if we could Dyno and he said that I should be confident in the previously posted numbers and the increased hp variance on the B2P was due to the 2017 pre EPA ECU .

Would it be beneficial for the group for me to have the dyno done? It's about 3 hours of labor rate on an already costly upgrade 😅

So my car is still at SoS waiting for transport. I asked Chris if we could Dyno and he said that I should be confident in the previously posted numbers and the increased hp variance on the B2P was due to the 2017 pre EPA ECU .

Would it be beneficial for the group for me to have the dyno done? It's about 3 hours of labor rate on an already costly upgrade 😅
I will have hub dyno data from my vehicle in various states of tune in the next couple months. Would be useful to have other non-vendor NC1 dynos for comparison.

I get you, so another SoS Dyno may not be objective.
I'm not saying I don't trust the data published by SoS, they've done and continue to do great work for this platform. However, independent third party testing exists for a reason. More data is never a bad thing.

I get you, so another SoS Dyno may not be objective.
I will have the Company I am with Do a Before and after if they have not already started on my car - I just dropped it off 3 hrs ago - I def will do an AFTER - I told them I need to get them the cores BACK asap to avoid 4500 dollars

NOPES... The NSX is not limited by factory injectors, so i doubt upgrading injectors is going to help with anything.
I would agree with you on that - I assume why the Tune stopped at e40

I had the same Question - When I did a Turbo Upgrade on GTR I had to upgrade FUEL PUMPS and INjectors - Apples to Oranges - I sent Ktuner my datalogs for analysis they said all was fine with the STAGE 3 e40 Setup stock turbos - I will know all for sure next week
I would disagree.. Per SOS Flex fuel is a bit more corrosive than pump gas. Based on data the best balance/power ratio was using E40 blend.

NOPES... The NSX is not limited by factory injectors, so i doubt upgrading injectors is going to help with anything.

I would disagree.. Per SOS Flex fuel is a bit more corrosive than pump gas. Based on data the best balance/power ratio was using E40 blend.i

I was always told e85 is not corrosive but can corrode parts not made for it... It sounds very oxy ...coming from m4 and gtr e40 and e85 was a night and day difference ...for some. reason like. you stated it's limited to e40 for some reason.
If the NSX can operate efficiently and hold power...I am. happy if all goes well and will. I leave the lambda, delta, and theta to. the experts and hope my need for speed. will. not cost me more. money

Last edited:

I would disagree.. Per SOS Flex fuel is a bit more corrosive than pump gas. Based on data the best balance/power ratio was using E40 blend.
Reassuring to hear! I look forward to the injector flow data you have to substantiate your statement. Although I concede the data I have gathered thus far is preliminary, per the measurements I have received from the flow lab I work with the JNC1 port fuel injector system is capable of supporting ~390 horsepower @ the crank at a 90% duty cycle flowing ethanol-free gasoline. Add the increased volume/Btu of ethanol and that figure decreases, ~290 horsepower @ the crank with E85 (a simple calculation could well-approximate maximum horsepower when flowing E40, but it's safe to assume that this value falls somewhere between the two). I will receive a full characterization report soon. Video of some the characterization process attached, pretty cool stuff.

Port injector flow testing:

Referring to the graph I have attached, and assuming it is accurately scaled and not a simplified graphical representation of the fuel injection schema within the PGM-FI, we can see that the direct injection system does indeed do most of the heavy lifting. As such, it is possible that Mr. Key is correct in that we have not reached the limit of the factory fuel injectors. Once I have the direct injectors characterized we will have a much better idea of what kind of headroom the factory injectors have left. I'll have more data pertaining to the in vivo operation of the fuel injectors once my vehicle is back together and on the road/dyno. Port injection side fuel pump capacity will also be tested in the coming months.

I am unfamiliar with a balance/power ratio, but you are correct that with increasing ethanol content there is more potential for contact-material corrosion, some metals being much more susceptible than others. Seeing as that there are many vehicles on the road with full E85 tunes, I doubt that potential for fuel system corrosion is the driving force behind limiting the JNC1 to E40 at this time.

Attachments

• PIDIgraph.jpg
    PIDIgraph.jpg
    160.2 KB · Views: 9
  • IMG_2134.JPG
    IMG_2134.JPG
    186.9 KB · Views: 16
Last edited:
Reassuring to hear! I look forward to the injector flow data you have to substantiate your statement. Although I concede the data I have gathered thus far is preliminary, per the measurements I have received from the flow lab I work with the JNC1 port fuel injector system is capable of supporting ~390 horsepower @ the crank at a 90% duty cycle flowing ethanol-free gasoline. Add the increased volume/Btu of ethanol and that figure decreases, ~290 horsepower @ the crank with E85 (a simple calculation could well-approximate maximum horsepower when flowing E40, but it's safe to assume that this value falls somewhere between the two). I will receive a full characterization report soon. Video of some the characterization process attached, pretty cool stuff.

Referring to the graph I have attached, and assuming it is accurately scaled and not a simplified graphical representation of the fuel injection schema within the PGM-FI, we can see that the direct injection system does indeed do most of the heavy lifting. As such, it is possible that Mr. Key is correct in that we have not reached the limit of the factory fuel injectors. Once I have the direct injectors characterized we will have a much better idea of what kind of headroom the factory injectors have left. I'll have more data pertaining to the in vivo operation of the fuel injectors once my vehicle is back together and on the road/dyno. Port injection side fuel pump capacity will also be tested in the coming months.

I am unfamiliar with a balance/power ratio, but you are correct that with increasing ethanol content there is more potential for contact-material corrosion, some metals being much more susceptible than others. Seeing as that there are many vehicles on the road with full E85 tunes, I doubt that potential for fuel system corrosion is the driving force behind limiting the JNC1 to E40 at this time.

Cant see any video content (link seems not to be working). Also the data you are sharing is that GEN1 or GEN2 data as i see figures of 290-390 hp quoted.

Cant see any video content (link seems not to be working). Also the data you are sharing is that GEN1 or GEN2 data as i see figures of 290-390 hp quoted.
Updated my original post. Should be able to see a short clip of the injectors being flow tested now.

The injectors are from a 2017 JNC1 with ~50,000 miles, so should be representative of worst case scenario flow capabilities.

Will have a fuller understanding of the NC1 fuel system once I've had the GDI's characterized and flowed the fuel pumps.

Updated my original post. Should be able to see a short clip of the injectors being flow tested now.

The injectors are from a 2017 JNC1 with ~50,000 miles, so should be representative of worst case scenario flow capabilities.

Will have a fuller understanding of the NC1 fuel system once I've had the GDI's characterized and flowed the fuel pumps.

What some people might be missing is the injectors likely flow plenty but getting the direct injection pumps to push enough fuel is the problem.

With dual-injection the port side (based on other platforms) is likely the easiest upgrade path. It's a blessing the car has both.

The Acura philosophy is one of refinement. If you've owned performance cars with forged pistons, they are pretty noisy when cold. Some Porsche's you can hear piston slap a block away on startup or for that matter a moded Nissan GT-R sounds worse. Just like the exhaust on the NC1 is quite muted keeping with the Acura thinking.

There is always a limit level and compromises and in the NC1 isn't so much the cast pistons but the dual clutch transmission which I've been told is good for 800 nm of torque.
I'm on the fence with the Pure 900 turbos. I've already popped for the Ktuner and the price of the turbos is inline what Porsche and AMG aftermarket upgrades are. Bigger turbo's ALWAYS have more lag. I guess the question is does the electric motors cover up the lag enough to best the JB4 mod on the low-end side.
Sled driver

The Acura philosophy is one of refinement. If you've owned performance cars with forged pistons, they are pretty noisy when cold. Some Porsche's you can hear piston slap a block away on startup or for that matter a moded Nissan GT-R sounds worse. Just like the exhaust on the NC1 is quite muted keeping with the Acura thinking.

There is always a limit level and compromises and in the NC1 isn't so much the cast pistons but the dual clutch transmission which I've been told is good for 800 nm of torque.
I'm on the fence with the Pure 900 turbos. I've already popped for the Ktuner and the price of the turbos is inline what Porsche and AMG aftermarket upgrades are. Bigger turbo's ALWAYS have more lag. I guess the question is does the electric motors cover up the lag enough to best the JB4 mod on the low-end side.
Sled driver
Wow 800nm - I hope that is wrong based on SOS - KTUNER - Jb4 quoted lowest TQ - I am running the pure 900 with e40 - give or take 2 percent - No DYNO yet, it's been 90 degrees plus here lately - I hope to get the car on DYNO this weekend if weather permits - So Far no issues Not as noticeable as Stage 1 to Stage 2 - but was it worth 8k ----- For someone who is not tracking the car - I have wasted money on things that I could tell from day one that was a waste- Def not the scenario here . - In this case will I even get to use the power? All after thoughts now. Def do not regret the purchase - 8k prob saved me from buying another car I do not need. As I push the car more and more each week - its def a difference to be fair - BUT I know - People want a time slip or dyno to cut through my BUTT TEST

Back