NH NSX 2003 Sept. 20

jadkar said:
ha!!!! finally someone like me :D

I bought my 98 the first week of June this year with 28,100 miles on it. Yesterday it just turned 35,000. I'm loving every minute of it. I've stopped counting mileage about 18 cars ago. I look at it as every mile and road trip is another incredible memory that will stay with me forever. Besides, more mileage gives me an excuse to get a second NSX for the wife, so we can spread the mileage between them :D:D:D

I did much better with my first NSX - purchased with 10k miles in Sept '99; added 38k miles by the end of 2000. With winters in NJ that 38k miles was accomplished with about 10 months of driving. So I suppose this was about the same amount of driving per month as you have done in the past two months :-)

OK.......I'm going to hit the brakes here (especially since we are way off topic) I happen to know Dennis and he is a really great guy, his choosing to drive his NSX (or not to) anywhere is his own right.

In my earlier post, I was merely reflecting my own joy with finding others who drive their car as much as I. I was NOT trying to point out a negative opinion about someone else’s decisions.

You sold 2 Porsches to buy your NSX and now you drive a VW instead?
I have no idea what this comment was meant to suggest, but it shouldn't have been said. Plus, I own a VW GTI VR6 and it's a damn great car.

If I sound a bit rude, I'm sorry. It's just that I think sometimes we all need to read what we write on these threads and ask ourselves if we would say it in person.

I believe the greatest thing about our cars is the people. Let's try to keep it that way:)

John

The answer is yes, sometimes

When I had my 911 garage queen I drove a Boxster as a daily driver. Now I have an NSX garage queen and a VW Cabrio as a daily driver. My definition of a garage queen is a car that is only driven when it can be appreciated, not used as a commuter.

I had a 911 back in the early '80's. Bought it with 20K miles, sold it a few years later with 75K miles. I put alot of money in tires and maintenance that was used up just getting from one place to another. I don't do that any more.

So why did I put 500 miles on it last weekend just going to and from The Glen? Well, when it is Vintage racing weekend there you MUST take your toy. It is one of those unwritten, unspoken rules. Heck anytime you go to The Glen you should take your toy.

Thanks for your support! :)

I'm missing out on all the "ain't driving your car enough" fun!John ,you have to realize that this is our NE way of coaxing everyone to join in all the reigndeer games.Would you expect New Yorkers to politlely beg Dennis or anyone else to drive more:p no way we dare and taunt,lol.Trish and I wiil miss ya'll I'm sure Rich has planned a comfortable itinerary!

docjohn said:
Trish and I wiil miss ya'll I'm sure Rich has planned a comfortable itinerary!

So what are you really saying? You think you are too good for us!?!?!?!?!?

179.gif
447.gif

Larry Bastanza said:
John,

If we can work it out, you can meet by my house and we can head out 84 together.

Keith,

Is this close for you too?? I cannot recall?

Bailey,

Will you come striaght up from NYC??

Later,
LarryB

Yes i will be coming up the hutch to 684...taking a half day also so i can meet up with the group for the drive up.

One of my buddy's 60th birthday party is on the 21st....

So you can taunt me and tempt me, but I simply cannot make it this year, although I wish it was closer, but then I would be even more tempted = not good! :)

I can do SE/SW NY or Northern Jersey if necessary for get togethers. I would rather meet up with NE NSX people in Ocean City Maryland though!

SennaPerfected said: You sold 2 Porsches to buy your NSX and now you drive a VW instead? jadkar replied: I have no idea what this comment was meant to suggest, but it shouldn't have been said. Plus, I own a VW GTI VR6 and it's a damn great car.
Hey jadkar, chilly willy... This is all in fun and no one here is out to better anyone else. We're a small family with no room for wasting pizza!:D If you saw on another post, I gave Dennis props for taking the trip out to the Glen on Kids Day. As RSO 34 put it, "Now that was putting the NSX to good use".

I was making light of Dennis having sold 2 German cars to buy a Japanese car, but still drives a German car. Oh nevermind...;)

RSO 34: Where DO you get these hilarious smileycons?

SennaPerfected said:
RSO 34: Where DO you get these hilarious smileycons?

If you learn how to use a certain reply function herein, the secret shall be revealed my son. Remember, a mind is a terrible thing to waste.....................
552.gif

Remember, a mind is a terrible thing to waste.....................
It sure is, especially if you don't share the wealth.

I know about the standard icons. How do you get the bumble bee, the guy breaking the pc, the shooting one, etc.?

I knew you would be able to figure it out. At least you could have strung Miled along for a little while so we could have some fun at his expense. But then again, I do owe him for helping me win that bet at the Weekend at Ernie's outing.
374.gif

You're right Tony, I am too busy working to pay off my NSXPO debt!:D
174.gif

Last edited:
Yowza you guys look like a bunch of girly men with those smillies.I just finished looking at Bobs video masterpiece,,nice work of editing.,although the end is a let down,at least you should've been shirtless!

Girls, girls,

RSO 34 said:
sorry.....will this do?
135.gif

I've seen the two of you together, now come on, I know that you can get along without this constant bickering. I know that if a Doctor and a lawyer can't stop arguing we'll all be in trouble. Maybe we can get an Indian Chief to do the mediating!
:p :p :p :p :p :p :p :p :p :p :p :p :p :p :p :p :p :p :p :p

True Bob,,,should we tell everyone how that dented quarter panel really happened,,,that last smiley says it all(in a girlish giggle)!:eek:

If the NSX is rockin'

RSO 34 said:
If the NSX is a rockin', don't come a knockin'..............
542.gif

change the springs and shocks, it shouldn't rock no mo':p :p :p :p :p :p :p :p :p :p :p :p :p :p :p :p

Back