NH NSX 2003 Sept. 20

NSX NH 2003 UPDATE 9/11/03

Currently we have 21 cars registered and paid: ( 4 NH - 6 NY
- 3 NJ - 2 PA - 1 MD - 2 RI - 1 CT - 1 MA and 1 QC Canada.)

Colors attending include: 1 Imola Orange, 2 Brooklands Green, 2 Spa Yellow, 2 Silvers, 2 Midnight Pearl, 1 White, 5 Black, 6 Red.

Again as ussual, I have ordered some extra shirts. Mostly large and extra large.

If attendees want an extra shirt, they can be purchased at the event for $10.00. Or, if you are unable to attend, $16.00 including postage by mail after event.

Go to www.nsxuppereast.com more info will be made avaiable later today Sept 7.

To all attendees fill your tanks the night before and bring your club radios.
I will send out a reminder on the Weds. Before the event.

See you soon,
Rich

Last edited:
NSXLNT said:
Caravan organized yet from Westchester area?

Just waiting for the final tally to determine what areas people will be coming from. As of right now, I am thinking that a good place to meet would be at the last rest stop on 684 just before the 84 merge. If we could get there by around 3:00, we should be able to get through 84 without too much congestion.

If anyone has any other meeting points they would like to suggest, please post them here.

Bob

BoB are you talking about the rest stop that is on 684 south west of where 684 and 84 meet ?
fb27eeed.jpg

Last edited:
Bailey

I know you got that off map quest, but damn!!! It looks like your planning a bombing campaign :D:D:D:D

jadkar said:
Bailey

I know you got that off map quest, but damn!!! It looks like your planning a bombing campaign :D:D:D:D

Just lock in the coordinates and set your watches. Keep a tight formation and watch out for boogey's aka Highway Patrol. :D :D :D

I am the most local since the park is across from my house and at a minimum I will be starting from there. If you want to meet up with me at the park and head over to 684 together just let me know.

Guys,

If I was coming over on 84 East and pick up 684 South is it easy to turn around and get to the rest stop, or is it a far distance. I am hoping I can make a 3:00pm meeting time.

Thanks,
LarryB

It is a fairly easy turnaround - you would come south on 684 and get off the first exit (I think it is Hardscrabble road) about 5 miles south and pass back over 684 and get back on northbound. The rest stop is probably less than 1 mile from the entrance on the northbound side.

John,

If we can work it out, you can meet by my house and we can head out 84 together.

Keith,

Is this close for you too?? I cannot recall?

Bailey,

Will you come striaght up from NYC??

Later,
LarryB

sure wish I could make the trip

Well NE Regional friends, there's no way I can last minute this trip, have a suprise 50th for a good college friend on Friday nite, and another committment on Sunday early afternoon, soooo enjoy the ride, sure wish I could join you all:(

Re: Too far away for me...sorry

Dennis in SE PA said:
MapQuest says 7-8 hours and 375 +/- miles each way. Too many miles to put on my NSX. Sorry. How about an NSX meet up at Watkins Glen for the Vintage races in September? Or somewhere closer to SE PA?

Although a month later, I couln't help but reply :-) I often need to go to Nashua for business and it is about 70 miles less from Easton (about 5 hours, sometimes less :D)

I'm also a little curious why you would say its too many miles? I bought my NSX in March 2001 with 15k miles, today it has 76k miles and still runs and looks as good as the day I bought it!!! The NSX is not as much fun to own if it sits in the garage :-)

Hi Tony...

I like to drive my toys when I can appreciate them. I try not to use them as simply commuter cars. I have a VW for commutes.

You apparently drive your NSX all the time. That is fine if that's what you want. It is not what I want.

I just got back from a 500 mile round trip to Watkins Glen, my second such trip this year in the X. The NH thing is just too far for me right now.

respects,
dennis

Larry,

That's sounds good, although it still depends on if Karen and I can get out of work. If we can't, it will be a long, lonely ride up in the dark on Friday :( I will let you know. Also, if I do drive up with you I am very familiar with that rest stop and the exit we need to make the turn around, I went to high school in Mahopac which is right around there:D

John

Re: Hi Tony...

Dennis in SE PA said:
I like to drive my toys when I can appreciate them. I try not to use them as simply commuter cars. I have a VW for commutes.

You apparently drive your NSX all the time. That is fine if that's what you want. It is not what I want.

I just got back from a 500 mile round trip to Watkins Glen, my second such trip this year in the X. The NH thing is just too far for me right now.

respects,
dennis

Fair enough.
I drive my NSX to work perhaps once a month, the daily driver is a WRX.

Most of the miles come from weekend drives, long drives to Georgia and the last two NSXpo's. Unfortunately I won't be driving it this year to NSXpo...

I bought my NSX in March 2001 with 15k miles, today it has 76k miles and still runs and looks as good as the day I bought it!!!
ha!!!! finally someone like me :D

I bought my 98 the first week of June this year with 28,100 miles on it. Yesterday it just turned 35,000. I'm loving every minute of it. I've stopped counting mileage about 18 cars ago. I look at it as every mile and road trip is another incredible memory that will stay with me forever. Besides, more mileage gives me an excuse to get a second NSX for the wife, so we can spread the mileage between them :D:D:D

Dennis in SE PA says : 01 Lapis Blue PORSCHE Boxster - SOLD to buy NSX! and 87 Red/Black PORSCHE 911 Cabriolet - SOLD to buy NSX!
Hi Dennis,

You sold 2 Porsches to buy your NSX and now you drive a VW instead?:confused:

For the people who know me, know how anal I am about my car. However, that doesn't keep me from driving her. <--- Hey, I like the way that sounded.:D I enjoyed my trouble-free round trip miles to NSXPO '01 in Wisconsin, and NSXPO '02 in Texas, and soon to be NSXPO '03 in Cali.

Our summers here in the Northeast are short to begin with, so why not let her out and play in the sun. We are so priviledged to have such an exotic that we can drive and not worry about whether or not a flat bed will be a necessary part of the trip plan.;)

Other exotic owners do not drive their cars because they don't want to; it's because they are afraid of being stranded somewhere with only 1,000 miles on their odometer while an NSXer with 100K + pulls over to assist.:D

BTW, Tony was my wingman for NSPXO '01 and '02 trips...

Ciao,

Miléd

But don't forget to give Dennis credit for adding some ticks to his odometer with a long mileage trip to come up for Kids' Day at the Glen. Now that was putting the NSX to good use.

But don't forget to give Dennis credit for making good use of a long mileage trip to come up for Kids' Day at the Glen. Now that was putting the NSX to good use.
100% props on that...

Back