• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

New York AutoShow

Larry, I will be there on Saturday at 10am. So looking forward to this!!

Bob, Thanks for the discount code.

Simon

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/IQKfQIYzNbY" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

English translation by Spoon & Tamago:

If you try hard enough, your efforts will be rewarded.
If you wait long enough, your dreams will come true.
That’s an illusion.

Usually your efforts aren’t rewarded.
Usually the hero doesn’t win.
Usually your dreams don’t come true.

These are all everyday-realities of our world.

But, so what?
That’s where you start.

If you try something new, you’ll undoubtedly screw up.
You’ll get annoyed.
But that’s why – instead of sleeping and eating – you do it over and over again.

Now…it’s time to better than who you were yesterday.
It’s time to be better than what Honda was yesterday.

It’s an honest, hopeful message that extends beyond Honda, to all the hardships that have befallen Japan.

Check out the making-of video below, which is also pretty great.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/SZdqcE3MLQQ" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

English translation by Spoon & Tamago:

If you try hard enough, your efforts will be rewarded.
If you wait long enough, your dreams will come true.
That’s an illusion.

Usually your efforts aren’t rewarded.
Usually the hero doesn’t win.
Usually your dreams don’t come true.

These are all everyday-realities of our world.

But, so what?
That’s where you start.

If you try something new, you’ll undoubtedly screw up.
You’ll get annoyed.
But that’s why – instead of sleeping and eating – you do it over and over again.

Now…it’s time to better than who you were yesterday.
It’s time to be better than what Honda was yesterday.

It’s an honest, hopeful message that extends beyond Honda, to all the hardships that have befallen Japan.

That's a pretty awesome message. Thanks for passing that on!

Very cool videos, brings up some Honda pride which is nice. It is amazing how ahead of its time the NSX was from watching the timeline. To own one in 1991 must have been an even more amazing experience. The question we all want to know is was the concept driving away CG?:confused:

Hi Guys,

It looks like May Lee will be flying out from the West Coast for Saturday the 14th. So anyone who is interested we are planned a 10:00am meeting time, Saturday 14th at the AutoShow.

So the choice for meeting will be the Javits front lobby, or the Acura booth

And Tytus you are invited:D:D

Regards,
LarryB

Hey Larry,

Thanks for setting up a gathering! Sorry Bob won't make it but I'm looking forward to seeing you & everyone else. I vote for meeting at the Acura NSX booth (I'd rather kill time waiting there than in the lobby). See y'all in a couple of hours!

Hey Larry,

Thanks for setting up a gathering! Sorry Bob won't make it but I'm looking forward to seeing you & everyone else. I vote for meeting at the Acura NSX booth (I'd rather kill time waiting there than in the lobby). See y'all in a couple of hours!
Ms Purple has landed!:eek:
Enjoy the show, see if you can get them to put a real 3 pedal transmission in the car, as well as offering the car in your favorite color!!!:wink:

Ms Purple has landed!:eek:
Enjoy the show, see if you can get them to put a real 3 pedal transmission in the car, as well as offering the car in your favorite color!!!:wink:

Never heard of a 3 pedal transmission. Do you have some inside info on what may or may not be built? :confused:

Never heard of a 3 pedal transmission. Do you have some inside info on what may or may not be built? :confused:
You know what I meant wise guy, he who drives a "gayardo with the "E-gear" better watch himself. Where's your NSX now wise guy?
I just came back from a ride, top stowed, enjoying the spring!!!:wink::biggrin:

Where's your NSX now wise guy?
:wink::biggrin:

I know. You're right on the NSX part. Should have waited until I had the next one (like I did the last time) before selling the '01.

Had surgery on Thursday, so I'm not driving anything right now. So rub it in some more about your beautiful drive today, you heartless wiseguy!!! :frown:

LOL .......... ha gotcha. :biggrin::biggrin:

May Lee and Larry Bastanza did a little arm twisting, and were able to get inside the ropes to pose with the NSX Concept.
IMG_3945.JPG

IMG_3944.JPG

IMG_3943.JPG

Now, all we need to do is convince Acura that NSXCA members should be right in line behind Jay Leno and Gerry Seinfeld for purchasing priority when production begins. :biggrin:

Nice pics! Also helps to visually appreciate the scale of the concept. I'm glad to see that it's so low to the ground. :cool:

hmmm interresting from one angle May looks taller..and from the other El Presedente looks taller.....parallax at work.:biggrin:

Hope you all had a fun day down there. Would loved to have been with you today. Car looks great with Prez and Veep next to it.

ps: Enjoy your stay Ms. Purple. :smile:

Here are a few more photos taken at the Acura booth at the NY Auto Show. Great meeting up w/everyone! Dave & I had a wonderful time in New York seeing plays/musicals & indulging in fine dining but being in the presence of the NSX concept car was the biggest highlight of our trip! See y'all in Denver at NSXPO!

Attachments

• NSXCA group.jpg
    NSXCA group.jpg
    71.9 KB · Views: 62
  • Acura NSX sign.jpg
    Acura NSX sign.jpg
    65.5 KB · Views: 60
  • NSX concept car.jpg
    NSX concept car.jpg
    75.9 KB · Views: 61
Sorry I missed you guys. I was down there but packing up the kids things caused us to run a bit late. The NSX does look very nice in person. My wife still prefers the older style and I have to agree with her.

Back