• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

New York AutoShow

Well Folks,

It is time to make some plans for the NY Autoshow, since I was just informed the new NSX Concept will be there:).

All thoughts welcome for a day at Javits.

Regards,
LarryB

I'll be going on "Press Day", even though the new NSX won't be on my shopping list, unless it grows a 3rd pedal!!!!:eek:

I'll go, I'm there every day during the week so that would be my preference. If we want to make a group thing then it should be on the weekend. Maybe several options are possible for different groups.

Either way, I'm in...

Roger, you know it is the wave of the future, you just have to accept it, don't fight it so much, just let it go and go with the flow...it'll be ok...just click your heals together 3 times and say "it'll be ok, it'll be ok, it'll be ok..."

Some guy wish they still could crank their cars to start...now that was real fun.

Tytus

Sure, I'll take a ride over with you Larry. Let me know when you want to go because I'm back in the states now until after the NSX dinner. I know a great hamburger joint over on 9th ave. too!
Call my cell.

-Rich
Well Folks,

It is time to make some plans for the NY Autoshow, since I was just informed the new NSX Concept will be there:).

Regards,
LarryB

Roger, you know it is the wave of the future, you just have to accept it, don't fight it so much, just let it go and go with the flow...it'll be ok...just click your heals together 3 times and say "it'll be ok, it'll be ok, it'll be ok..."

Some guy wish they still could crank their cars to start...now that was real fun.

Tytus

He'll be OK, Tytus. It may be an age thing? He's been thinking about 60 a lot lately and older guys sometime get set in their ways just a bit.

I had heard he fitted the GT with an 8-track player as an upgrade. I can't wait to hear it! :rolleyes:

I'm going but I'm going to be bringing my kids. I remember my father taking me to the AutoShow when I was a kid. Great memory. Planning on taking the train down as well.

Sure, I'll take a ride over with you Larry. Let me know when you want to go because I'm back in the states now until after the NSX dinner. I know a great hamburger joint over on 9th ave. too!
Call my cell.

-Rich

Let me know when you guys are going? Ive been super busy and need an excuse for a day! Shake Shack, Rich?

Its always pack and I've been skipping the show the last few years. I would go this year just to see the new NSX in person. I can do weekdays or weekend.

I bet they will make a manual version eventually. They have to!!!

No manual GTR yet. I think the more complicated cars get they need to eliminate the human factor as much as possible.

I'll go, I'm there every day during the week so that would be my preference. If we want to make a group thing then it should be on the weekend. Maybe several options are possible for different groups.

Either way, I'm in...

Tytus
I'll tell you what you can crank! :)

what days are in the running?

The 14th is now the date.

I will keep this post updated.

Regards,
LarryB

Last edited:
April 8 sounds good to me. I'll take the train in.

BTW, the station for the Gladstone-Peapack line (to NY via Summit) is a block away from me. So, if anyone from my area of NJ wants to go in by train, they are welcome to park in my driveway under the watchful eye of our Chow-Chow rather than a public lot.

Wife wont let me out on Easter. Please change the date

Well Folks,

Regards,
LarryB

Do we have a day yet? Presently making April plans.

So is there any consensus on a date? I can't make i this weekend but can anytime next week and possible next Saturday morning.

Any special arrangements from Acura or Honda?

Tytus

I'll be going tomorrow, as will Bailey for the first of the Press Days. If I can convince Bailey to take some pictures of the model (cars) not just the 2 legged models, maybe he'll post them up!!!

Back