New to me "94

Hi new owner here. Thought I'd post some pics.
90500Km, in pretty good shape.
I do all my own work, have changed all the fluids (glad I did, esp brake/clutch). Have ordered TB/WP and other small bits to do over the winter. I've been pretty active on Rennlist but suspect looking at and searching stuff here that there may not be much to contribute as I see a lot of good write ups. Although this car has less than 1/2 hp of my mildly modded 993 turbo that I track, I'll probably take the nsx to the track at some point. After putting on a couple hundred Km, I can understand why many of these cars have higher milage, they are really great drivers.

L1008660.jpgL1008672.jpgIMG_4183.jpgL1008665.jpg

Attachments

• WhatsApp Image 2017-09-04 at 5.57.20 PM copy.jpg
    WhatsApp Image 2017-09-04 at 5.57.20 PM copy.jpg
    182.8 KB · Views: 431
Clean car. Urban legend has it that the 94 model makes the most power on a Dyno.

Looks like you're stepping out of your Porsche comfort zone!

yup, too many cool cars, not enough garage space. (miss my old Ferrari 328 GTS that was fatally injured...)

Looks like a nice car - 94s are it.

Clean car. Urban legend has it that the 94 model makes the most power on a Dyno.

Good to know! I do like the new in 94 wheels, being the last year of the lighter original design and manual steering.

whats the story behind that rather unique and specific anatomic prime name?

whats the story behind that rather unique and specific anatomic prime name?

Hi Doc
I'm skull base neurosurgeon... :smile:

nice I'm a neuroradiologist:smile:

Docs on car forums are quite common, we all had these cars on our walls while studying for/in med school :wink:

Hi Doc

I had the same question as [MENTION=4282]docjohn[/MENTION] when I saw this thread. A sometimes smart neurologist here.

Seems that the smartest docs are into the NSX. Welcome to the fold and have fun!

And yes....delayed gratification....that battle is real....I waited until all my loans were paid off before thinking about any of the cars I had on my walls in HS/college.

....lol I had Farrah Fawcett.....and the countach:redface:

Lol, I remember the Farrah Fawcett poster, I had heather Thomas on my wall, and there was the 'justification for higher education poster' with the house and full garage!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

there was the 'justification for higher education poster' with the house and full garage!

I think I still have this poster in my basement, along with all my other college-age posters of the late 80's.

...and Farrah Fawcett....I remember those posters....

Great looking car and nice 993 in one of the backgrounds.

My family doctor has this large poster in his office.

9211.jpg

Great looking car and nice 993 in one of the backgrounds.

My family doctor has this large poster in his office.

yup that's the one! I think there has been different versions with various cars but I think that's the original. Other than the bb512?, I think the nsx is probably more desirable than the cars on that poster. The 512's outside what I would pay for a car. I also had a 40k km '86 euro Ferrari 328gts, that was fatally injured not too long ago by a guy running a red light, miss that car.

I also have that on the wall at home:)

Larry, the quote in your sig is one of my favorites and I can think of several times where the biggest opportunities looked like the most work. I did some research on the quote and it turns out that the origin isn't known for certain, although it is most commonly attributed to Edison.

Somebody here, [MENTION=3821]DocL[/MENTION], I think, has a quote that really sums up the subject of education: "Education will never be as expensive as ignorance"

Hi Doc

Welcome to the great world of NSX ownership,nice-looking car. I was helped greatly by someone in your profession, and those of the other brain-based specialties, when I had surgery here at UNC three years ago for a brain tumor in my 4th ventricle at the base of my skull-
http://www.nsxprime.com/forum/showthread.php/195755-Got-Through-a-Brain-Tumor-Brain-Surgery

The first time after the surgery I really felt like I was ok was the first day I drove my NSX. I was so grateful to be able to do normal pleasurable things. I got really lucky, the tumor was benign, and the surgery didn't impair me at all.

So thanks for what you do, and enjoy your car. A lot of great folks and information on here. I also had to wait many years to get this car, after law school in my case, but it was worth the wait.

Welcome to the great world of NSX ownership,nice-looking car. I was helped greatly by someone in your profession

Just read through your thread, glad you're doing so well, subependymomas can be tricky, but can essentially be cured so that's good! Cars are therapeutic for sure, I got one of my colleagues to write me prescription, saying a new car is needed for mental health to give my wife - not kidding. Feel like a little kid each time I drive my 'fun' cars.
Take care.

Larry, the quote in your sig is one of my favorites and I can think of several times where the biggest opportunities looked like the most work. I did some research on the quote and it turns out that the origin isn't known for certain, although it is most commonly attributed to Edison.

Somebody here, [MENTION=3821]DocL[/MENTION], I think, has a quote that really sums up the subject of education: "Education will never be as expensive as ignorance"

Yep, that's my signature line and it really has meaning to it. I can't give anyone credit for it because I don't know the origin besides for getting it out of a fortune cookie. No joke! :)

Last edited:
Back