• ***AVOID MARKETPLACE SCAMS!!***

Scammers are using compromised Prime member accounts to pose as a trusted seller in the marketplace. Before you enter into a deal with any seller, follow these tips to keep yourself safe. If you encounter one of these scammers, please report them immediately and we will lock their account.

Caveat Emptor!

New Throttle Body Cover Design photos

Well, I finally got the prototypes finished. These are unfinished, brushed covers. The final version will have a very nice finish. I have sent these off to the aluminum polisher for final primping.

There are two model now available, both aluminum. (see photos below).

The "base" model which is a cover with the NSX logo only. The logo is cut through the cover, and has a very nice appeal.

The "upgrade" model comes with an additional backplate that is attached with small screws and washers, as you choose. You can mount the backplate with no washers, one washer, or two washers, so to create your desired depth between the cover and backplate.

You can add the color of your choice to the backplate, so to match your engine design and color. The backplate will come lightly brushed, but you will need to choose your color and apply it. It took me about 20 minutes including drying time to paint mine.

I can have the backplate polished or brushed, if that is an option you would like ($5). I suspect a polished cover with a brushed backplate, or vice-versa, would look nice.

The plates include mounting hardware.

I am working on a '97 and newer throttle body cover design, so to accomodate those of you that have inquired.

Photos include "base" model photos, and several "upgrade" model photos and colors.

With Flash on:

11199new_TBC_s_polished_012.jpg

Without Flash:
11199new_TBC_s_polished_013.jpg

Reflection:
11199new_TBC_s_polished_014.jpg

Close up:
11199new_TBC_s_polished_004.jpg

Base Model
11199DSC04005.JPG

Upgrade model in brushed
11199DSC04007.JPG

11199DSC04011.JPG

11199DSC04015.JPG

11199DSC04014.JPG

11199DSC04010.JPG

Upgrade model in red
11199DSC04017.JPG

11199DSC04018.JPG

11199DSC04019.JPG

11199DSC04026.JPG

11199DSC04027.JPG

Upgrade model on blue
11199DSC04028.JPG

11199DSC04036.JPG

11199DSC04032.JPG

11199DSC04040.JPG

11199DSC04041.JPG

Upgrade model on my car, in blue
11199DSC04046.JPG

11199DSC04048.JPG

11199DSC04043.JPG

11199DSC04046.JPG

Pricing:
Base $64 shipped
Upgrade $74 shipped
Upgrade with polished or brushed backplate $79 shipped
Shipping is to the US 48 States via Priority Mail.

I also include the mounting bolt and allen key for easy installation.

PM orders or just put it in the thread, and I will let you know as soon as they are ready to ship. Payments can be made via Paypal to [email protected]. Be sure to include your Prime ID, and specifically the cover you would like. Sorry for all the delays, but this has been a difficult project to perfect.

Last edited:
Re: New THROTTLE BODY COVER DESIGN photos

Nice work Warren!! Put me down for a polished upgrade version with red backer plate.

Hi Warren,

i understand we have to do the back plate painting, you only offer polished or brushed :confused:. could you clarify this for us ?

Put me in for a brushed cover with polished back plate (better red back plate if i'm wrong above).

Pd. Pm me your address to send MO.
AC

Wow, very nice, worth the wait. When will you have a 97+ version available?

I'm a little confused on something. If I got the upgraded one, but wanted the back plate painted, what difference would it make whether it was polished or brushed? Would the paint look that different between the two from a distance? I am assuming that one would be smooth(polished) appearance and the other(brushed) wouldn't be when painted.

I'm a little confused on something. If I got the upgraded one, but wanted the back plate painted, what difference would it make whether it was polished or brushed? Would the paint look that different between the two from a distance? I am assuming that one would be smooth(polished) appearance and the other(brushed) wouldn't be when painted.

Sorry for any confusion.

If you would like a cover with the backplate, and you plan to paint it, I will send it to you sanded, but not polished or brushed. This way, you can prep and paint it to match your engine bay, as you desire. There is no need to brush or polish a plate, you intend on painting.

Does this make sense now? I hope I cleared this up. Let me know if I didn't.

Warren

Distance Runner said:
Sorry for any confusion.

If you would like a cover with the backplate, and you plan to paint it, I will send it to you sanded, but not polished or brushed. This way, you can prep and paint it to match your engine bay, as you desire. There is no need to brush or polish a plate, you intend on painting.

Does this make sense now? I hope I cleared this up. Let me know if I didn't.

Warren

Completely understand now!!!
I'll probably contact you in the next couple of days to get an upgraded one.:smile:

So Warren, do you have an answer for my question in post #5?

Warren,

please PM me with the total price for the polish one with the RED backplate ship to Australia, thanks

cheers
laski

So Warren, do you have an answer for my question in post #5?

I am sorry for not answering yet.

I do not have a time frame. Part of my issue is getting a '97 to measure and evaluate, so to design a riser to clear the hose.

I wanted to get these first covers launched, before I went to the next step, which is the '97 version. I have posted in my local area for assistance with the measurement (see Southeast Forum).

I will surely keep you posted.

Warren

Warren that is just a sweet lookin' throttle body cover. I thought the original T.B. plate you came out with was nice till I saw this one....I will most definitely be buying one of those off you as soon as I get my income tax check!!!:biggrin:

I'm still waiting for your PM for the total cost, any news yet ?

cheers

Thanks for everyone's patience.

Here is an update. I am scheduled to receive the covers back from the polisher on Monday, at that point, I will have the holes drilled in the covers that have been ordered with backplates, and I can then ship them out.

I will let you know when they have shipped to those who have paid.

I have tried to answer everyone's question. If anyone has any others, please let me know what I can do.

Also, the risers are being worked on for the '97 and newer models. I will keep you posted.

Warren

btcog82 said:
any pics of the polished one warren?

TBC update: Here is a polished cover, with polished backplate. Picture quality is decent. Polish quality is excellent! Polished items are so difficult to photograph, and represent well. These are almost ready, just waiting for the final backplates to come in.

Payment are now being accepted through Paypal at [email protected]. Be sure to include the type of cover you are paying for, and your Prime user name with payment.

Option 1: TBC polished or brushed: $64 shipped
Option 2: TBC with sanded backplate (ready for backplate painting): $74 shipped
Option 3: TBC with polished or brushed finish backplate: $79 shipped

**All TBC's include mounting screw and allen key.**

Payments received:
redshift (option 2) - shipped 2/17
rednsxdex (option 2) - shipped 2/17
m3456y (option 3) Pol. cover w/ brushed bp - shipped 2/17
nsxsoon (option 2) - delivered pick up
brooklands nsx - delivered pick-up
zero-cool (option 3) all polished - shipped 2/27
adam91 (option 3) all polished - shipped 2/27
sambel (option 2) - shipped 2/17
btcog82 (option 2) - shipped 2/17
vbnsx (option 2) - shipped 2/17
yellowboy pick-up on 3/5

With Flash on:

11199new_TBC_s_polished_012.jpg

Without Flash:
11199new_TBC_s_polished_013.jpg

Reflection:
11199new_TBC_s_polished_014.jpg

Close up:
11199new_TBC_s_polished_004.jpg

Last edited:
any news on shipping cost to Australia yet ? still waitting........

Plan to ship later this week. I am waiting on the backplates to be finished. I am frustrated with these delays, and I am sorry that I can't get these out sooner.

***Also, I would like to get an interest in a matching engine plate cover, maybe with the same logo design. Please offer feedback if this interests you. Thanks.***

Back