New member introduction

Hello NSX community!

Long time fan of the NSX and hopeful to own an NA1 someday. I currently own an '06 S2000 and while I love the drive/feel of this car, I may end up selling (need the funds) to have the mystique/drivability nature of the NSX.

I know that this question has been brought up in many forum discussions but curious to know if anyone has owned both at some point and if there are any likes/dislikes in comparison between these 2 legends?

Thanks for having me!

The NSX and S2000 are both so good at delivering high smiles-per-mile, but achieve it in very different ways.
We have both in their early (1992 and 2000) iterations...and it still impresses me how well these cars came out of the factory so well executed/engineered.
A quick take has the S2000 being a lively dance partner that is better at changing direction than freeway flying.
The NSX is smoother with a more linear torque/power curve and a chassis that still enjoys canyon carving, but not at the expense of long road trips.
Very different, but both great in their own ways (y)

The NSX and S2000 are both so good at delivering high smiles-per-mile, but achieve it in very different ways.
We have both in their early (1992 and 2000) iterations...and it still impresses me how well these cars came out of the factory so well executed/engineered.
A quick take has the S2000 being a lively dance partner that is better at changing direction than freeway flying.
The NSX is smoother with a more linear torque/power curve and a chassis that still enjoys canyon carving, but not at the expense of long road trips.
Very different, but both great in their own ways (y)
Awesome take and well said! Glad to hear from an insiders point of view. I hope to have the same reaction when driving the NSX (someday).

Awesome take and well said! Glad to hear from an insiders point of view. I hope to have the same reaction when driving the NSX (someday).
I have a good amount of time in both cars. :) The S2000 (especially the AP1) is a very lively, engaging car that is unmtached in driver-car connection and road feel. It's super fun to drive. The NSX (especially the early 91-94 cars) carries over that analog driver connection and feels similar that way. But, the NSX feels much more like a powerful GT supercar when you drive them back to back. There is so much more torque available at all rpms, the steering is slower, the gearing is taller. Unlike the S2000, which is designed to make driving fun, you get the sensation that the NSX is designed to go very, very fast. The seating position, the humps of the front wheel wells, it all is designed to feel like an F1 car for the road, which was the original design concept for the car. I did a 1-2 pull on the way to work today and, even 30 years later, the NSX accelerates urgently and will continue well past 150 mph if you don't lift your right foot. The car means business, and you don't get that in a S2000.

Oh and the manual transmissions feel very similar.

I have a good amount of time in both cars. :) The S2000 (especially the AP1) is a very lively, engaging car that is unmtached in driver-car connection and road feel. It's super fun to drive. The NSX (especially the early 91-94 cars) carries over that analog driver connection and feels similar that way. But, the NSX feels much more like a powerful GT supercar when you drive them back to back. There is so much more torque available at all rpms, the steering is slower, the gearing is taller. Unlike the S2000, which is designed to make driving fun, you get the sensation that the NSX is designed to go very, very fast. The seating position, the humps of the front wheel wells, it all is designed to feel like an F1 car for the road, which was the original design concept for the car. I did a 1-2 pull on the way to work today and, even 30 years later, the NSX accelerates urgently and will continue well past 150 mph if you don't lift your right foot. The car means business, and you don't get that in a S2000.

Oh and the manual transmissions feel very similar.
Thank you for the feedback! I feel you make the NSX sound more exhilarating to drive, a car that demands to be driven/punished even more so than the S2K. I have never driven the NSX but I feel it suits my style more as it being more aggressive. Ill keep daily looking at the Gen 1 for sale site 😁

I borrowed AP2 for a week from a friend while my NSX in the shop. It was a good opportunity for me to test out the vehicle.
Here are my impressions. Note: Some will be repeat from the above posts.
  • Where is the torque? Yes, the AP2 should have more torque than AP1, but it's hard to compare it to a V6. The NSX low end torque makes it more drivable. It has more of a dual personality. You can drive it in everyday traffic with a lazy approach by shifting at a low rpm. However, when you want to have fun, just stay in it longer and the car wakes up. For the S2000, it felt like I have rev it to redline just to get anywhere.
  • The doors of the S2000 are really tall. It made me feel more cocooned. Yes, the S2000 has better visibility because the roof drops down, but I'm used to having more green-house and being able to put my elbow on the door/window.
  • The S2000 didn't feel as fragile. Many of my interior parts are broken due to aging plastic. I'm always afraid of something breaking because findings parts isn't that easy. I know the S2000 is aging, but I image finding parts for it is easier.
Overall, the S2K was fun, but I was glad to return it and get my car back.

I borrowed AP2 for a week from a friend while my NSX in the shop. It was a good opportunity for me to test out the vehicle.
Here are my impressions. Note: Some will be repeat from the above posts.
  • Where is the torque? Yes, the AP2 should have more torque than AP1, but it's hard to compare it to a V6. The NSX low end torque makes it more drivable. It has more of a dual personality. You can drive it in everyday traffic with a lazy approach by shifting at a low rpm. However, when you want to have fun, just stay in it longer and the car wakes up. For the S2000, it felt like I have rev it to redline just to get anywhere.
  • The doors of the S2000 are really tall. It made me feel more cocooned. Yes, the S2000 has better visibility because the roof drops down, but I'm used to having more green-house and being able to put my elbow on the door/window.
  • The S2000 didn't feel as fragile. Many of my interior parts are broken due to aging plastic. I'm always afraid of something breaking because findings parts isn't that easy. I know the S2000 is aging, but I image finding parts for it is easier.
Overall, the S2K was fun, but I was glad to return it and get my car back.
Great points and I concur! The low end on the S2K makes it feel "broken" but like I said it demands to be driven hard to really open up (just don't want to be doing it all the time!). That's my fear of owning an NSX, because its aging the parts and maintenance must be highly expensive. Also, I cant imagine the trauma of the aluminum chassis getting damaged! Guess it comes with the territory, gotta pay to play.

My wife would no go more than 40miles in 08 CR and we drove twice cross country in 93 and 97 NSX. S2k is fun, but NSX is a next level. Than there is NC1 , but Z06 is winning.

I've been an S2000 and NSX owner for about 20 years, while not very similar they are both fantastic. I will say, if you like the S2k, you'll LOVE the NSX. I had the NSX first and added the S2000 and was blown away by how special it is.

Good luck and enjoy the ride, nothing like NSX ownership and the community.

Back