My e-hate of the Angus kit I don't own (don't worry, thread won't be deleted)

balls.jpg

- 6267 turbo size not recommended by most. ( Not by precision themselves )
- Does not seem to come with gauges that are required for safety.
- Intercooler is behind the wheel? Well that could be a good thing for air temp actually I guess but just doesn't seem right.
-The only defense to these claims are "it works"...

And the number one reason I will would not buy. Posting this on the Angus thread was deleted. So that's probably why when it doesn't work we don't hear about it.

Enough said...

This is an awesome review. Did you buy and install the kit? Did you use the kit? Have you been in a car with this kit? Are you aware if the changes that have been made to the kit since the photo you have posted? This is not a review it's you informing the public that you are not going to buy the kit, thanks for that.

View attachment 112983

- 6267 turbo size not recommended by most. ( Not by precision themselves )
- Does not seem to come with gauges that are required for safety.
- Intercooler is behind the wheel? Well that could be a good thing for air temp actually I guess but just doesn't seem right.
-The only defense to these claims are "it works"...

And the number one reason I will would not buy. Posting this on the Angus thread was deleted. So that's probably why when it doesn't work we don't hear about it.

Enough said...

The OP is just annoyed that Angus refused to help him design his own turbo kit (he wanted Angus to design him a kit that he could sell himself for under $4k - in his own words "something ugly that works").

Just another example of a Prime newbie trying to bash a vendor in order to try to validate his overwhelming sense of self-importance........

I don't know of any FI kit that "comes with" gauges. That's the owners responsibility and some want it and some don't. Not to mention there's such a wide variety and everyone prefers something different. It would be a complete headache for the kit supplier. Imagine one guy wants red one guy wants blue one wants bar and one wants PSI, one wants analog and one wants digital.

Last edited:
Do you own his kit? Probably not. So this is not a review. This guy takes the tool prime award to the next level. I need to make a new category just for him.

I'm a tool because I raise points against the design? All you do is attack me, you only prove the point I made about the reason why I will not buy. Not because the kit is bad, because obviously your the kind of person that will do anything to make a buck.

Here's my comment rookie so read carefully. His waste gate placement has ALREADY been discussed. He's even acknowledged it, but for the power levels of his kit and components it's OK. Yes there's a better solution "but there always is a better solution". Someone I spoke with actually mentioned shipping their Y pipe out to a shop and getting it reworked for I think under $300. This has been documented as well. For an extra $300 you can have a nicely priced kit and a Y pipe that's angled the "best way", but if it still works the same for the power output WHY CHANGE IT. Maybe you could run a 38mm bov instead of a 44 or 46mm. I don't know. Do I care? Not really.

You mention gauges. Who cares if it includes gauge. Gauges are custom, some monitor different items. Like you know anything about what to monitor anyways, going by what kinds of questions you've asked in the past 1 month by your threads you don't know half of what we like to monitor and if people like AEM, SPA, or other gauges let alone the settings on them.

Your posts on Angus's threads were deleted because why? I don't know, I'm not a moderator so I'll take a guess. Maybe because your intent is to not purchase and to just bash a product and derail a thread? That's why you started a new topic.

Truthfully I think all your threads should be deleted and you banned. Why? Because I think you're a damn annoyance and have nothing to offer for the community.

- - - Updated - - -

I'm a tool because I raise points against the design? All you do is attack me, you only prove the point I made about the reason why I will not buy. Not because the kit is bad, because obviously your the kind of person that will do anything to make a buck.

So this is the reason why you're not buying his kit huh? Ok I understand. Let me ask you this and why don't you post in all these other threads then.

-Why don't you buy a lovefab kit
-Why don't you buy a SOS Twin turbo kit
-Why don't you contact Shad at DA and buy a kit from him
-Why don't you buy a used HP turbo kit in the past that may be floating around
-Why don't you buy a SOS supercharger
-Why don't you buy a comptech supercharger
-Why don't you buy an old Basch supercharger
-Why don't you buy a daliracing boostzilla supercharger
-Why don't you go ITB

You haven't posted in any other thread other then Angus's on why you're not buying it, you never even posted and straight out said you're not buying it. If you're welding skills are that good, you could just buy his kit, chop off that Y pipe and reroute it.

And I will do anything for a dollar. I've recently started a business where I pimp myself out every night for hot Asian women to solve my hooker and blow problem.

I don't know of any FI kit that "comes with" gauges. That's the owners responsibility and some want it and some don't. Not to mention there's such a wide variety and everyone prefers something different. It would be a complete headache for the kit supplier. Imagine one guy wants red one guy wants blue one wants bar and one wants PSI, one wants analog and one wants digital.

That's a fair response. I had not thought of that way.

- - - Updated - - -

Here's my comment rookie so read carefully. His waste gate placement has ALREADY been discussed. He's even acknowledged it, but for the power levels of his kit and components it's OK. Yes there's a better solution "but there always is a better solution". Someone I spoke with actually mentioned shipping their Y pipe out to a shop and getting it reworked for I think under $300. This has been documented as well. For an extra $300 you can have a nicely priced kit and a Y pipe that's angled the "best way", but if it still works the same for the power output WHY CHANGE IT. Maybe you could run a 38mm bov instead of a 44 or 46mm. I don't know. Do I care? Not really.

You mention gauges. Who cares if it includes gauge. Gauges are custom, some monitor different items. Like you know anything about what to monitor anyways, going by what kinds of questions you've asked in the past 1 month by your threads you don't know half of what we like to monitor and if people like AEM, SPA, or other gauges let alone the settings on them.

Your posts on Angus's threads were deleted because why? I don't know, I'm not a moderator so I'll take a guess. Maybe because your intent is to not purchase and to just bash a product and derail a thread? That's why you started a new topic.

Truthfully I think all your threads should be deleted and you banned. Why? Because I think you're a damn annoyance and have nothing to offer for the community.

- - - Updated - - -

So this is the reason why you're not buying his kit huh? Ok I understand. Let me ask you this and why don't you post in all these other threads then.

-Why don't you buy a lovefab kit
-Why don't you buy a SOS Twin turbo kit
-Why don't you contact Shad at DA and buy a kit from him
-Why don't you buy a used HP turbo kit in the past that may be floating around
-Why don't you buy a SOS supercharger
-Why don't you buy a comptech supercharger
-Why don't you buy an old Basch supercharger
-Why don't you buy a daliracing boostzilla supercharger
-Why don't you go ITB

You haven't posted in any other thread other then Angus's on why you're not buying it, you never even posted and straight out said you're not buying it. If you're welding skills are that good, you could just buy his kit, chop off that Y pipe and reroute it.

And I will do anything for a dollar. I've recently started a business where I pimp myself out every night for hot Asian women to solve my hooker and blow problem.

I didn't bother to read your hole whole post because clearly one of those people... but I'll say this. The reason Angus made his kit, (which I am not actually saying is bad other than the attachment to the turbo and that fact that people like you endorse it) is that these other kits are too expensive and the supercharger angus him self talked me out of because it doesn't make enough power to probably satisfy me in the long run.

You seem to have it out for me, not sure why. Your actually the one that started all this by saying I was "crapping" on his thread. You are wrong. I respect the kit, and having attempted to built it myself I can probably appreciate it more than you who probably has done zero engineering. It is not easy to engineer this. However as I build mine I see some issues with his. Issues which you are to afraid to comment on because you know shit obviously.

I would say if you can add something constructive to the conversation please do otherwise just shut up.

Last edited:
I hate everyone equal. Maybe you should read my post because it will enlighten someone like yourself. So why don't you post on the supercharger thread you were looking to buy the reasons why you aren't going to buy it? How come you won't chime into everyone's thread and say I can do this cheaper, or this is to expensive for me because I'm a cheap ass?

Good luck on putting FI on your nsx. It's a great amount of fun and you're smart for choosing a turbo over a supercharger I'll say that. Maybe if you design a kit I'll pick one up and check it out, or better yet, I'll take a picture of a flaw, and post up in your thread, or maybe even start a new thread about it on why I won't buy it.

Peace

Bottom line that is getting you called out as being a troublemaker is that you didn't buy the kit and review it. You inquired and decided that it wasn't for you and now you went public pointing out issues you have with it. Truthfully I feel that in its price range it is probably the best option available for our cars. If someone wants a high end kit capable of massive power then there are definitely other avenues to explore.....but none in the comparable price range. I do not have Wils kit nor would I go that route, but he has helped me out with other things and I will say he was always very responsible and eager to help me out on every occasion.

I hate everyone equal. Maybe you should read my post because it will enlighten someone like yourself. So why don't you post on the supercharger thread you were looking to buy the reasons why you aren't going to buy it? How come you won't chime into everyone's thread and say I can do this cheaper, or this is to expensive for me because I'm a cheap ass?

Good luck on putting FI on your nsx. It's a great amount of fun and you're smart for choosing a turbo over a supercharger I'll say that. Maybe if you design a kit I'll pick one up and check it out, or better yet, I'll take a picture of a flaw, and post up in your thread, or maybe even start a new thread about it on why I won't buy it.

Peace

I don't think what you said made sense. I would love to have someone point out a flaw on my design wouldn't you!!! Obviously over time Angus's kit will get better. I'm sure he will fix this if he has not already. My intent is not to bash what he has done, he has helped change the whole community for the better and I will help him further by pointing out that that 90 angle does not need to be that way ( I think ).

Last edited:
Hey, you can get that Y pipe rewelded for $300, there's my contribution. If you read my post you would have read that and then problem solved, you can stop crying about his kit and just buy it.

You my friend, should not talk about what you know shit about. The pipe can not be just "re-welded." with that WG position there is almost certainly no room. Thanks for your "contribution". You should stick to name calling and school yard insults.

Even if you could spend 300$ that pipe alone would end up costing you like nearly 2k??? What? Are you insane!!!! You realize that's around 100$ in materials maybe 150 depending on how expense his turbo flange is. What you are paying for is his engineering and the fact that the kit is proven. Getting it redone would be insanity, better to just leave it. It will work ok but it will reduce the life of the turbo and you'll lose a small percentage of momentum / boost. As I said in the deleted thread I theorize that you shouldn't run a BB turbo with that pipe as it will give axial vibration on the turbine with that angle. However, since we putting a lot of K on our cars I would say it is fine.

Truth is if I had 10k to blow I'd do it, but since I do not I will build my kit and so far it's around 2k and the parts are of higher value except his welding and exhaust are going to be better than mine. His welding is pro.

Last edited:
You my friend, should not talk about what you know shit about. The pipe can not be just "re-welded." with that WG position there is almost certainly no room. Thanks for your "contribution". You should stick to name calling and school yard insults.

Even if you could spend 300$ that pipe alone would end up costing you like nearly 2k??? What? Are you insane!!!! You realize that's around 100$ in materials maybe 150 depending on how expense his turbo flange is. What you are paying for is his engineering and the fact that the kit is proven. Getting it redone would be insanity, better to just leave it. It will work ok but it will reduce the life of the turbo and you'll lose a small percentage of momentum / boost. As I said in the deleted thread I theorize that you shouldn't run a BB turbo with that pipe as it will give axial vibration on the turbine with that angle. However, since we putting a lot of K on our cars I would say it is fine.

Truth is if I had 10k to blow I'd do it, but since I do not I will build my kit and so far it's around 2k and the parts are of higher value except his welding and exhaust are going to be better than mine. His welding is pro.

Ummm, I know the person who got the pipe rewelded. Actually it would even be less if Wil shipped you the pipe without it being welded and the flange already attached. I spoke with Wil about this also.

Keep looking like an idiot. That picture btw if you did your research was the member that got reworked. He's also a member that gave me the contact information for the shop to get it shipped too, and the shop I spoke with about getting it reworked encase I were to purchase a Wil Y pipe and change my set up.

Truth is your thread was made for no reason other than to bash Wil's kit. We ask why, and you state because it has flaws. I ask why you don't point out other kits flaws and you go quiet and can't answer. I ask why you haven't posted in other threads about other flaws in kits, and you don't answer. I ask you why you haven't started new dedicated threads about other flaws in kits, and you still don't answers.

What's your response now. We've offered you a solution to your Y pipe dilemma. Maybe since you just admitted you don't have 10k to blow on a turbo setup you should start a new thread that is titled "I'm a cheapass and am building my own turbo kit since I can't afford 10k". Then point out every kits flaws. At least be fair about things.

If you have the skills and time to make your own kit for less money, please do so. You've been constantly whining and crapping about his turbo kit and design to the point where it is getting annoying. You didn't buy the kit, you didn't get ripped off. All you did was read a paragraph about WG positioning and automatically assume you're an expert. No seriously, please build your own kit so you can stop whining about it.

I would like to submit my review of the Pagani Huayra...

Huh? Do I own one? No. Have I ever driven one? ummmm.... No.... But since the new rule for reviewing a product is that you don't even need to have the product who cares? :D

Last edited:
If you have the skills and time to make your own kit for less money, please do so. You've been constantly whining and crapping about his turbo kit and design to the point where it is getting annoying. You didn't buy the kit, you didn't get ripped off. All you did was read a paragraph about WG positioning and automatically assume you're an expert. No seriously, please build your own kit so you can stop whining about it.

Seems to be an expert on sending things to china and getting them manufactured though according to these threads. Maybe it's a theory, like a REALLY REALLY out there theory, a theory that may be completely wrong but maybe he's just a guy that wants to send things over to China to get copied, shipped back, and offered to prime. I mean, it's a theory, but it wouldn't be the first time it's ever happened.

http://www.nsxprime.com/forum/showthread.php/176807-The-quot-J-quot-Swap/page4?p=1776110&viewfull=1#post1776110
http://www.nsxprime.com/forum/showthread.php/180898-Is-the-gtk-550-too-big?p=1777105&viewfull=1#post1777105

This is the same guy who tried to set-up a scam on the Insurance Corporation of BC using Prime.
His thread was deleted by Prime.

This guy also said he wants to order 50 installation kits for Honda J motors into NSX's.

Now he's taking a run at Angus
Angus has been a solid NSX supplier for years
This guy knows very little about NSX's, less about interpersonal relationships, nothing about honesty, and should be banned from Prime

Not China man, Lithuania!!!! That is where the best workers are!! They even apply the shining stuff!!:biggrin-new::biggrin-new::biggrin-new::tongue:

Seems to be an expert on sending things to china and getting them manufactured though according to these threads. Maybe it's a theory, like a REALLY REALLY out there theory, a theory that may be completely wrong but maybe he's just a guy that wants to send things over to China to get copied, shipped back, and offered to prime. I mean, it's a theory, but it wouldn't be the first time it's ever happened.

http://www.nsxprime.com/forum/showthread.php/176807-The-quot-J-quot-Swap/page4?p=1776110&viewfull=1#post1776110
http://www.nsxprime.com/forum/showthread.php/180898-Is-the-gtk-550-too-big?p=1777105&viewfull=1#post1777105

This is the same guy who tried to set-up a scam on the Insurance Corporation of BC using Prime.
His thread was deleted by Prime.

This guy also said he wants to order 50 installation kits for Honda J motors into NSX's.

Now he's taking a run at Angus
Angus has been a solid NSX supplier for years
This guy knows very little about NSX's, less about interpersonal relationships, nothing about honesty, and should be banned from Prime

I agree.

It seems like the r in his name is for "Rota".
he wants a Angus like kit for under $4 k. Thats not possible. Look at the Will's thread and how many happy and content people are using his kit. He offers a full kit that can he installed in your own garage. I do not own the ap-x turbo kit. But i have his exhaust and love it. The welds are amazing.
If you want to create a kit, just do it and give the community more options. If you want to bash others and talk nonsense there are pleanty of other forums out there.

I would love to have someone point out a flaw on my design wouldn't you!!! ...... I will help him further by pointing out that that 90 angle does not need to be that way ( I think ).

so you want us to show you a flaw on YOUR design? where is your design? you have a log in your own eye that you can't even see.
Why help Angus? Put him out of business by showing us your design and see how many will buy if you think you know so much...(I think?)

angus (wil) is a reputable supplier who builds great products for our cars.i have his hi-flow cats,and the build quality and welding are excellent.i believe they are better than oem,and they are considerably cheaper. i had not dealt with him before finding out about them, and i had a lot of questions.he was very helpful and patient in answering them,and i learned a lot about the car in general.in the course of our conversations,it was evident that he is very knowledgeable about nsx's. he has a shop and works on them frequently.this guy's criticisms are completely unjustified.
i also know that wil stands behind his products.my cats needed a minor adjustment,and he was prompt and responsive in making it happen.that's an important factor when you are buying from somebody.
it's a pretty small world here on prime and your reputation is important,and wil has earned a good one through the quality of his products and his helpfulness to people he does business with.i would not hesitate to do business with wil again,and am in fact doing so.

Last edited:
Back