my diy splitter

http://www.timeattackforums.com/forums/aero-dynamics/4448-apr-wing-development-case-study.html

Don't know. From the reading, it's going to be a fixed main wing with adjustable secondary flap. I assume that it's pretty easy to do a NSX specific wing as they already have the mounting base.

Just read the details. While I am not into aero physics, but it seems that for most track purposes, an AOA of 30 degrees would be the most efficient, and for those tracks with higher speeds the 40 degrees.

It would be interesting to see a template picture.

Jim, are you using a vented hood?

Jim, are you using a vented hood?

As I said earlier in this post, the under-tray only goes half way back the battery tray. The remaining foot is uncovered. I'm wondering what would happen if I extend it all the way back but have it slope down at 5 deg towards the far back of the battery tray area and make a mini diffuser or used vortex generators ON THE TOP SIDE to try and smooth out the radiator airflow exiting under the body.

Hey, I have leftover Alumilite and free is free. A vented hood as I said earlier is phase two. I want to wait until after track season so I can get the new hood and front bumper painted and then a month more and clear bra it. Wish I had clear bra the car when it was new - but that's another story.

Snce u bought the apr gt300 already, are u planning on adding riser to make it taller or just stick with normal height the wing came in?

I thought about selling mine, not even a month old.

As I said earlier in this post, the under-tray only goes half way back the battery tray. The remaining foot is uncovered. I'm wondering what would happen if I extend it all the way back but have it slope down at 5 deg towards the far back of the battery tray area and make a mini diffuser or used vortex generators ON THE TOP SIDE to try and smooth out the radiator airflow exiting under the body.

Hey, I have leftover Alumilite and free is free. A vented hood as I said earlier is phase two. I want to wait until after track season so I can get the new hood and front bumper painted and then a month more and clear bra it. Wish I had clear bra the car when it was new - but that's another story.
Most likely won't benefit anything, just leave it flat/parallel with the ground.

Gtc300. My average speed around my home track is 90 with straight vmax of 123, so I went with the gtc300.

sent from my Evo4

Thats supposedly the best APR wing. While not my first choice, it should make a huge improvement for you and hold you over until Andrew's awesome wing is produced.

I love my APR GTC-300.

I really can't imagine "upgrading" since at speeds over 120mph there is so much downforce that I have to be mindful of uneven road surface making the rear bottoming out more easily.

Batman,
How did you adjust your wing's blade? Did u leave it flat across or pointed down a little or all the way? I know you have the gourney flap to help.

Sorry for off topic.

I love my APR GTC-300.

I really can't imagine "upgrading" since at speeds over 120mph there is so much downforce that I have to be mindful of uneven road surface making the rear bottoming out more easily.

what? that's a ride height issue, or you're running girlie springs. I can't imagine a wing generates enough downforce to cause any kind of difference.

sent from my Evo4

A wing or the GT300 wing? What's your definition of a 'difference' ?

I'm talking about it causing enough downforce to cause a car to bottom out. He did say at 120 mph, I don't usually drive bumpy roads at that kind of speed.

sent from my Evo4

Last edited:
Check these out:

http://www.insideline.com/bmw/bmw-audi-unveil-dtm-racecar-concepts-for-2012.html

bmw_m3_f34_ns_71811_717.jpg

The V2 of your splitter looks great! That article on the new APR wing was super informative...Thanks for the link!

More homework to be done before I pick out the wing for my car.

If you don't want to loose rear visibility I highly recommend the riser, I use the 3".

Good stuff...

Be interested to hear if you notice any difference between the old configuration and the new one.

On the NSX-R, there is a slight bump ahead of the battery under tray: perhaps it is to mimic the JGTC cars which have a diffuser under the front section.

undertrays.jpg

gtnsx_01e.gif

Last edited:
Added diffusers in front of the wheels.

That looks really great! I will say that any curbing on track or speed bumps on the street will worry me to no end as that's a lot of time and effort waiting to be crunched!

What is your ground clearance from the lowest point of this splitter(assumibly from the wheel diffusers) to the ground?

That looks really great! I will say that any curbing on track or speed bumps on the street will worry me to no end as that's a lot of time and effort waiting to be crunched!

What is your ground clearance from the lowest point of this splitter(assumibly from the wheel diffusers) to the ground?

3" :tongue:

I have two identical undertrays, this one and another (street) also with the diffusers that only comes out flush to the end of the Shine Type 1 lip. They are completely bolt on and I can swap them in about 5 minutes while still leaving the second part (battery undertray) still in place. The "short" undertray splitter was my original until I bumped into a parking curb, so I cut it down and made a second "track" one. That's one thing you have to be careful about because it sticks out 3" past the lip and I wasn't thinking about that pulling into the hotel parking lot on my first track weekend.

Last edited:
Yes, the 3" is clearance at the front of the splitter. Clearance isn't an issue, sticking out 2" from the end of the Shine lip, that's the limiting issue ie dips and curves.

sent from my Evo4

Last edited:
Back