My Car mistaken for a Ferrari.

Damn! I had no idea you were older than me! You look young, dude. I graduated from Palma in 1989.

What I've noticed is that middle-aged & older folks haven't a clue what it is, but the kids, teens and 20-somethings all know it from playing Gran Turismo 1, 2, 3 & 4. And soon, GT5!

This is so true. About 6 months ago, a college age guy stopped next to me at a stop light and yelled out "that my favorite car in Gran Turismo, and in that color". I started laughing after that comment.:biggrin:

i guess im not the only one who feels about the car

i get real paranoid when people get "too" close, and attempt to touch

thats why i used a lot of wax

What a great compliment for the Corvette and Ferrari-owners to have their cars compared wtih the NSX...:biggrin:
In my country, Acura has never been sold as a separate brand. The few NSXes with Acura-logo (5-7 cars) has either been imported from the US or had the badges switched from OEM Honda. The "A" is really confusing those trying to determind what car it is. :tongue:

Theres a lot fewer NSX here in the UK. I've not had the Ferrari quotes, however, and quite bizarely IMO, at the main Japanese car meet earlier in the year, I heard several people saying "This is Honda's version of a Ferrari"....

Ref the plate thing, many of us here have NSX included in our registration plate which in itself becomes a talking point if we arrive in a group to something like the Goodwood meetings.

regards, Paul

Buying a flashy car like an NSX you already are saying "I like the attention" so might as well get used to both the good/bad of it is the way I see it....

To the original poster that he got mad, why get so stressed????? it's only a car man - especially if it's a younger child or older man....these groups may not know better. :cool: (regardless if your car is a 91 worth 20k or a Murci Roadster worth 350k)

Plus I fondly remember the kinder "older" men who let me sit or touch their Ferrari's and other exotics when I was a kid. We all want to have nice cars one day and just being in a position to proudly own one in good health is so much more important than a piece of metal. Sure the cars are nice but it's just a material obsession. To make a kid happy and let him touch or even sit in my car is find with me as long as their parents are watchful of them. We were all kids once and I love sharing my passion of cars with others....

rick

Buying a flashy car like an NSX you already are saying "I like the attention" so might as well get used to both the good/bad of it is the way I see it....

To the original poster that he got mad, why get so stressed????? it's only a car man - especially if it's a younger child or older man....these groups may not know better. :cool: (regardless if your car is a 91 worth 20k or a Murci Roadster worth 350k)

Plus I fondly remember the kinder "older" men who let me sit or touch their Ferrari's and other exotics when I was a kid. We all want to have nice cars one day and just being in a position to proudly own one in good health is so much more important than a piece of metal. Sure the cars are nice but it's just a material obsession. To make a kid happy and let him touch or even sit in my car is find with me as long as their parents are watchful of them. We were all kids once and I love sharing my passion of cars with others....

rick

Amen, It's just a car man!! Share your wealth and joy with others and you will be less stressed. I let a slightly retarded college kid drive my car one day,with me of course, he had very few friends. He always loved the NSX, and has no chance in hell of owning one. After the ride, he was almost in tears, he had asked to only sit in the car. I took a photo of him, and he still says it's one of the best days of his life. He is about 26 yrs old. Don't get me wrong, I watch my car close, I have three kids plus all their friends, but don't be so paranoid...it is just a car.......a nice one at that...:wink:

Back