My 96-T Berlina Black Progress!

oops!, I looked again - my mistake, I thought there was a "kit" on the front aswell that you left on, it looked odd from the side view, but now that I look again, its pretty OEM... nevermind, should read - "looks terrific!"

The steering wheel, I must say looks pretty nice on the car even though its not OEM.

oops!, I looked again - my mistake, I thought there was a "kit" on the front aswell that you left on, it looked odd from the side view, but now that I look again, its pretty OEM... nevermind, should read - "looks terrific!"

The steering wheel, I must say looks pretty nice on the car even though its not OEM.

Hahaha. I was like what it he talking about :smile:

The steering wheel is a must have. The Oem one is just so big looking.

Thanks again!

I think the wheels are to aggressive for your car and should be given to me on my updates :biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

Hehehehehe! Yes the wheels makes the car look aggressive enough already and with the DF Stacy just made it TOO aggressive. Come get em :biggrin:!

I've been meaning to do this but been busy with work and moving to a new place so I have to put it on a side.Have time now :tongue:.

So I recently picked up two 8" shallow sub woofers and I will start building my sub boxes and I think you guys will like this. Maybe, maybe not. I've seen something like this done before but from the looks of it, it was more of a custom look and mines will be more of an OEM look instead of custom. No leg room lost what so ever. Stay tune and check back for updates and detail :biggrin:.

Radio and dash all done, 3-ways component in doors all done and all I have left to do is to build the boxes run all my wires and connect the amp. I will be starting on the boxes real soon :wink:.

I will have picture and details about the build and install up when it's all done :smile:.

Head Unit - Alpine INA-W910 (Installed...)
Components - Hertz Hi-Energy 163 3-Ways (Installed...)
Amp - Alpine PDX.5 Channel (In Progress...)
Sub Woofer - 2 Carbon 8" Shallow (In Progress...)

This is a nice high-end plain and simple sound system set up :wink:.

Update pic of the console and headunit...
Custom_Console.JPG

Here are the Subs...
8_Shallow.JPG

Last edited:
VERY curious with what your going to do with those dual 8" subs. Maybe your your going to put them behind the seats or making a custom box to replace the center channel speaker?

Such a great looking car. Your build makes me want to buy a black car!!!

Thanks for the kind words! You should. Good luck on finding one. It's hard to find a black NSX in great/mint condition for the right price. It's either too over price or not in good shape OR if you lucky you can find one that is in great condition and great price, if you're lucky :wink:.

When we first bought this NSX it was in OK condition with most of the major service ( timing belt, water pump and all 23 coolant hoses) done to it already all I had to do was replace/flush out the ( ABS, Brakes, Oil, and Transmission ) fluids. Also did a complete interior and exterior detail to it. For a 96' this NSX is in excellent condition, NOW :smile:!

A nice sound system a nice set of wheels and lowered is a must. Also it's always nice to have a little extra power too :biggrin:.

I'm so tired of trying new things out for the NSX that I feel like I'm done with the mods. No matter how hard I try to make the car look nicer or better I always go back to how it is now. Clean and simple :smile:. This is IT! I think :biggrin:!

VERY curious with what your going to do with those dual 8" subs. Maybe your your going to put them behind the seats or making a custom box to replace the center channel speaker?

Let me start on it and I will take pictures as I go so you can see exactly what I am doing with the dual 8". Patience Coconut, I think you might like this build. It's gonna be clean, OEM clean.

So I finally got around to building the box today. Got it done in an hour. I will have pictures up of the before and after. Its raining outside and had to stop and bring the car back in the garage :biggrin:.

Box came out nice, really nice! I love it! :biggrin:

Oh I just realize that it will add some additional "WEIGHT" :rolleyes:. Owell, something gotta give :biggrin:!

Wow, Why did you do that? Looks like it's in mint condition.

It is pretty close to mint with 13,400-ish miles or so.

Why is another story. I wanted to drive it and not care as much + I like modding and this car could not be touched.

So on to my third NSX and targa hopefully.

I think black would drive me up a wall as well. Too hard to keep clean so I'll just admire from afar. Keep up the good work. It is a very delicate line between too much and just enough when it comes to modding. I like the clean, functional mods that only add to the car without being over the top.

It is pretty close to mint with 13,400-ish miles or so.

Why is another story. I wanted to drive it and not care as much + I like modding and this car could not be touched.

So on to my third NSX and targa hopefully.

I think black would drive me up a wall as well. Too hard to keep clean so I'll just admire from afar. Keep up the good work. It is a very delicate line between too much and just enough when it comes to modding. I like the clean, functional mods that only add to the car without being over the top.

13,400 miles? I wouldn't want to mods or touch it either if i have it.

Black wouldn't be that bad to keep up and plus you'll enjoy it while doing it :wink:.

gt-one :) much less agressive then staceys (smaller vent) yet same shape/style of oem 02+

question, how come the rear panel behind the seats is black? as well as your speaker covers?... i thought tan interior would be tan interior all around. did honda offer a tan/black+a tad more black option?

amazing interior detail job btw.

NO Wings West side for me but I might try the 02+ side skirts out later.

Last edited:
gt-one :) much less agressive then staceys (smaller vent) yet same shape/style of oem 02+

question, how come the rear panel behind the seats is black? as well as your speaker covers?... i thought tan interior would be tan interior all around. did honda offer a tan/black+a tad more black option?

amazing interior detail job btw.

Back panel is black because I replace the tan out with 04 back black panels that I got a great deal on from a prime member. It just look much better that way and still keep the OEM look. Bottom have of the interior is tan and top half of the interior is black :wink:.

totally missed this. the black anodized looks beautiful and totally compliments your car/color scheme

certain things are meant to be sleeper subtle.

Thank you :smile:..
I'm dying to see that sub box!!!!!!!

Box is done only thing I have left is to cover/wrap/etc...the box and put it back in the car. I will get picture up as soon as I get some free time. Sorry for the delay been busy and haven't had time to mess with the NSX or the sub box. Won't be long :wink:...

When my car grows up I can only hope it turns out half as badass as yours. Lovin it.

Your NSX is already badass as it is :wink:.

Here are the picture of how my sub box look. It's not completely done yet. I still have to cover/wrap the box. The box is 22"x13"x3" ported using two 8" Shallow Kenwood KFC-W800F Excelon Subs. The two sub box will replacing the two back seat panels perfect fit. Sub will fire against the seat and the port will fire under the seat back up towards you :wink:.\

Install picture will be up soon :smile:

Box_1.jpg

Box_2.jpg

Box_3.jpg

Box_4.jpg

Are these boxes MDF? Same thickness all around?

Back