Modified NSX vs Noble M12 GTO R3

I have strongly consider putting a Factor X turbo system on my car when they release the OBD II solution (if they do) along with upgrading just about everything else until I saw that Noble that was at the NSXPO. I have been researching them since and can't stop thinking that the Noble is the car. Now this is without driving one or for that matter seeing it in person. I think most NSX owners would find this car as an awesome replacement for our beloved NSX. All the mags say that the Noble is the best car they ever drove especially since it can run with supercars that are not affordable by most of us.

My first project will be to drive the 286 miles to 1gracing in Ohio and drive one. I know I'm going to like it already-the looks, performance, handling, etc.. Anyone have any input as far as pros/cons, etc.. I understand servicing the vehicle is pretty easy and parts for the engine are readily available since it is a Ford engine.

Seems like apples and oranges to me. I loved my NSX, truly a sports car that was designed to be a comfotable touring car too. I have not driven a Noble, but it seems much more a sports car that is designed to be a kick ass track car.

I wish I could afford the one one for sale, I think it would be my dream car today!

To be honest when we ran to NSXPO with Tim and his wife's Noble, the Noble got all the attention. If that is what you are seeking, than you will surely find it with the Noble.

Well, let me tell you............

After riding what Factor X calls the FX800 TT NSX this past week, if you have the coin to do it I say it is the best bang for the buck. The Noble is very interesting as well, the rarity itself is intrigueing.

First things first tho, post a bigger pic of your avatar. ;)

If you get the Noble, you will have even more people asking "what car is that?" :D

It is an amazing car regardless of price (I think its a bargain) You should definitely talk to Tim (jorligan) as he is a very nice and informative guy. That and he also owns an Nsx so he can give you even more info.

I still can't believe that his wife drives the Noble. How cool is that? I wish my other half would be into cars like that. Now if you do not mind me, I will continue searching for the cute asian girl I saw granny-driving a Porsche 996 Turbo a couple weeks back.

The Noble is absolutely incredible! The power is intoxicating and its handling is superb. I was lucky enough to get a ride at NSXPO and posted up a couple of short video's of it:

http://www.nsxprime.com/forums/showthread.php?t=41882

I noticed that another NSX owner just put his up for sale here:

http://www.nsxprime.com/forums/showthread.php?t=43137

The great thing about this car is that maintenance should be fairly straightforward as far as the engine/powertrain go, and it does not feel like a kit car -- it's very well built as far as fit and finish are concerned.

If you're thinking Noble, you should also check out the M14 which has a nicer shape IMO. It's on the cover of the latest Dupont Registry. You should also give Jorligan (Tim) a buzz. He's also in Michigan and he's a super nice guy and I'm sure would be willing to tell you everything there is to know about the car from an owners perspective.

K.O. said:
Now if you do not mind me, I will continue searching for the cute asian girl I saw granny-driving a Porsche 996 Turbo a couple weeks back.

Probably belongs to her sugar daddy. :D

Anyone have a pic of the Noble without the boy racer rear wing? I love the Noble, a lot of car for the money.

Acura NsX Pilot said:

Yes, we have been in touch!

If you're thinking Noble, you should also check out the M14 which has a nicer shape IMO. It's on the cover of the latest Dupont Registry. You should also give Jorligan (Tim) a buzz. He's also in Michigan and he's a super nice guy and I'm sure would be willing to tell you everything there is to know about the car from an owners perspective

My understanding is that the M14 will not make it to the USA according to the importers. I emailed Tim several days ago-no response. Didn't know he lived nearby. Your video totally rocked!

After riding what Factor X calls the FX800 TT NSX this past week, if you have the coin to do it I say it is the best bang for the buck.

That sounds awesome!! I wish they would start getting some OBD II cars on the road so we can see how they perform and last. If I lived close to Vegas I probably would be a guinea pig for them.

To be honest when we ran to NSXPO with Tim and his wife's Noble, the Noble got all the attention. If that is what you are seeking, than you will surely find it with the Noble.

I want a great handling car that pulls like a freight train. I like the looks and the exclusivity of the Noble-only 40 registered in the US. Don't car about getting attention, in fact I would tint the windows limousine dark if it wasn't against the law here.

First things first tho, post a bigger pic of your avatar.

There are plenty of pics of her-search thread "My car and my wife."

I enjoyed seeing the Noble in person at NSXPO last month. I found myself lurking around that car at almost every opportunity. It is an impressive package. The car looked to be well turned out. Fit and finish were good and the interior was attractive as well. The one thing you need to get your mind around is HOW INCREDIBLE THIS CAR SOUNDS! You need to hear it to appreciate it. The best description I can give of the blow-off valve(s) is to tell you that it made me think of some kind of extra-terrestrial cannon shot. It had a huge "cool factor". :D

ZMAN,

Sorry I didn't get back to you. I've been pretty busy recently and haven't checked my email until yesterday. I see that you are in Clinton Township. I am in Ann Arbor and would be happy to let you check out the Noble in the spring since for the most part, the cars have been put away. Maybe one more drive tomorrow if the weather holds up. There is another Noble in Northville and he has some tweaking under the hood, something like 425 hp!

We are hopefully going to try and get something together at Payn this spring for a dyno event and both Craig and I will be there with the Nobles and I will also try to have my NSX there as well.

PM me and if I can get out, I'll try to get out tomorrow. The wife can't drive the car anymore (can't fit-37 weeks pregnant) so I have the onerous task of keeping it in tune :D Any other questions, let me know and sorry again for not getting back to you sooner.

Tim

Steve,

You can get the car without the wing, it is shipped out but not installed. I personally agree with you that it is a BIG A** WING but at speed, it really does add alot of downforce and stability. On the other hand, without the wing, the car is faster. I saw a Noble without the wing and it has smoother lines without a doubt. Tim

Juice and I ran with Tim to Nsxpo, when we stoped at the gas station's (quite a few of them due to the small tank of the Noble) everyone would check out the silver Noble, and ignore the red Ferrari/Nsx.
The Noble was damm fast and the sound of the blow of valve makes you want one.
The only down sides were, no trunk, no air bag, and lack of strong bumpers.
If you got hit in this thing, it would not stand up like the Nsx would.
Pound for pound, dollar for dollar, its one of the best sports cars you can buy. IMO.

You can order it without the ricer style wing, and it will even save you some money.
I would buy one today if they were legal in Canada. :(

I can see it now...........it would come back with the roof choped off and the inside riped out. :eek:

Modified NSX vx Noble M12 GTO... I have been driven in a Noble M12 GTO and I cannot imagine an NSX with less than 450 rwhp being close to it.

From the look I do not know, the Noble may seem better but it is also because you do not see it that often. The NSX is probably a bit nicer on the long run... but pefromance wise :eek: :eek: :eek: we are on antother planet. The Noble is Carrera GT territory, we are M3 territory. ;)

jorligan said:
Steve,

You can get the car without the wing, it is shipped out but not installed. I personally agree with you that it is a BIG A** WING but at speed, it really does add alot of downforce and stability. On the other hand, without the wing, the car is faster. I saw a Noble without the wing and it has smoother lines without a doubt. Tim

Not sure about the wing, several people measured the downforce and the conclusion was that it is mostly a look thing. This is also the official statement of the only italian importer that advices several customers to leave the wing uninstalled if they perefer the clean look without any problems.

The one thing you need to get your mind around is HOW INCREDIBLE THIS CAR SOUNDS! You need to hear it to appreciate it. The best description I can give of the blow-off valve(s) is to tell you that it made me think of some kind of extra-terrestrial cannon shot.

Here's in-car video of Jorligan's M12 passing my NSX. The sound of his car as he passes sounds like a freaking fighter jet!

Grab this MPEG-4 file if you have QuickTime installed on your machine:

http://www.arcanedesigns.net/images/nsx/noblepass.mp4

Otherwise, use this WMV for Windows Media Player:

http://www.arcanedesigns.net/images/nsx/noblepass.wmv

I would take a FX500 NSX over a Noble any day. The noble is a great car for track driving, but it has next to no creature comforts. I don't think you would want to drive it very often, and even if you did, you couldnt bring anything with you.

With the FX500, you still retain all the storage space and luxury of the NSX. You also get a car that can blow the doors off nearly anything on the road.

gheba_nsx said:
Modified NSX vx Noble M12 GTO... I have been driven in a Noble M12 GTO and I cannot imagine an NSX with less than 450 rwhp being close to it.

From the look I do not know, the Noble may seem better but it is also because you do not see it that often. The NSX is probably a bit nicer on the long run... but pefromance wise :eek: :eek: :eek: we are on antother planet. The Noble is Carrera GT territory, we are M3 territory. ;)

The FX500 is 550wrhp and is in Carrera GT territory also, for a lot less money. Take a 94 NSX for say 36K. Add $20K for the FX500. Now you are at $56K. The Noble is more than that here without the engine.

NetViper said:
The FX500 is 550wrhp and is in Carrera GT territory also, for a lot less money. Take a 94 NSX for say 36K. Add $20K for the FX500. Now you are at $56K. The Noble is more than that here without the engine.

But what about a '97 NSX? Not as easy to mod with OBDII. I put less than 5000 miles on my NSX in 5 years and probably shouldn't do anything to it. I think I'm going through a mid-life crisis!! LOL :D

NetViper said:

I know that, but the NSX with Turbo will remain an "heavy" car compared to the Noble. Powerful but heavy... the experience will be different in any case, a +700lbs lighter car will corner and brake in a complete different way.

When weight/power are the same I would always take the lighter car and here the difference is huge... to each is own! ;)

Originally Posted by Beeker16
Where exactly would one go to get his or her Noble serviced though when the time comes? Ford dealer?

Believe it or not, I think I heard Tim saying if he ever had an engine problem, he can just take it to a Ford dealer. Or was that if he needed parts to go there. I don't remember now. I need a nap.

Back