• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Modernize your NSX: Trunk Undercover

Re: Modernize your NSX: Trunk Undercover Group Buy

I just ordered mine. Black Suede with Grey "NSX" to match my car. Will be a great touch since my trunk is always open :). Will post pics when installed.

Hum, must be that Warrens fancy flames and my fancy pink are holding ours up in production.....Just parked the pig anyways....No Rush....lol.
Trev

can I have black leather with nsx in red, is that possible.

UPDATE

Additional vinyl and suede undercovers have been sent and you should receive tracking info soon. Leather orders to follow...

I just got my black leather one yesterday its a really nice product.

Still don't have mine and Warrens.
Not sure what happened but I'll wait for a reasonable explanation.
Trev

Still don't have mine and Warrens.
Not sure what happened but I'll wait for a reasonable explanation.
Trev

Hey Trev,

I spoke to Warren about it last week and he said there was no rush to send your orders together. Your shipping is with a different carrier that requires me to drive an hour from my location. I'll be making the trip next week and ship it to you.

Thanks,

BASH

Hi Bash
Are these still available? Saw at nsxpo and looked good.
quickslvr

Hi quickslvr,

They are available indeed! Let me know what you're interested in and I'll send you a quote.

BASH

Mine arrived today and it looks perfect! Thanks Bash! I will post pics of it on the car as soon as my car is back!

Attachments

• NSXTrunk.jpg
    NSXTrunk.jpg
    50.6 KB · Views: 164
Just got my NSX back from paint and decided to install my trunk undercover. It was pretty easy to install and really made the trunk look professional. The next morning I went to open the trunk and the undercover was laying on the bottom of my trunk. Anyone else have this issue? The velcro tape didn't stick to the MDF/particle board or whatever it is. Guess I'll have to break out the contact cement and glue the tape on. Kinda of a bummer. Seems like this should have been worked out before it gets to the customer. Really nice product otherwise just one more thing on my to do list now.

Just got my NSX back from paint and decided to install my trunk undercover. It was pretty easy to install and really made the trunk look professional. The next morning I went to open the trunk and the undercover was laying on the bottom of my trunk. Anyone else have this issue? The velcro tape didn't stick to the MDF/particle board or whatever it is. Guess I'll have to break out the contact cement and glue the tape on. Kinda of a bummer. Seems like this should have been worked out before it gets to the customer. Really nice product otherwise just one more thing on my to do list now.

Hi Matt,

We did not have an issue testing the 2" velcro on the cover. I'd like to discuss your installation with you and resolve the situation. Pm sent.

thanks,

BASH

On for two days!
WTF?
Trev

Attachments

• TrevsTrunkLiner1.jpg
    TrevsTrunkLiner1.jpg
    50.6 KB · Views: 82
  • TrevsTrunkLiner2.jpg
    TrevsTrunkLiner2.jpg
    58.4 KB · Views: 78
  • TrevsTrunkLiner3.jpg
    TrevsTrunkLiner3.jpg
    29.8 KB · Views: 72
  • TrevsTrunkLiner4.jpg
    TrevsTrunkLiner4.jpg
    55.8 KB · Views: 79
Had the same problem, easy fix. Replaced existing 1" Velcro with professional / super-sticky 2" Velcro from Lowe's and has not been a problem since, even in 95 degree FL heat. Regular Velcro is not going to adhere to the trunk braces in this kind of heat.

Most parts when they come with Velcro, double sided tape etc STILL must be reinforced, I do that always, not only to protect my investment but also to not have headaches later, our trunks have so much heat and moisture anyways ...

Oscar

Hey guys,

I had the same probelm with mine. It actually stayed in place for a month then when I had the car out at a car show and it was like 100 degrees , the velcro adheisive actually let go from the trunk, not the undercover.

I then stripped off all the adheisve from the velcro backing that attached to the truck side and used the 1" 3M body tape (Napa, AutoZone or Advance Auto). This held real well for several months, then I opened the trunk one day and one of the sides had let go.

I took everything off and have not installed it since. At this point I am frustrated and not sure what to do. It seems when it's like 90+ out and the car is in the sun, it falls off.

Any ideas or thoughts would be great! I thought I solved it with the 3M tape, but apparently not.

I'm waiting for some type of response from the fellow who sold me the unit.
Trev

Back