• ***AVOID MARKETPLACE SCAMS!!***

Scammers are using compromised Prime member accounts to pose as a trusted seller in the marketplace. Before you enter into a deal with any seller, follow these tips to keep yourself safe. If you encounter one of these scammers, please report them immediately and we will lock their account.

Caveat Emptor!

MODE4 Carbon Fiber NSX-R Diffusers – $260 SHIPPED!

NOW BACK TO THE TOPIC...

I agree. Let's get back on topic.

This is Mode4's thread in the vendor section for their rear diffuser, so going forward lets show some respect to the vendor and not clutter up the thread.

Did you even buy this product?????
NO?
Damn you like throw in your 2 cents everywhere and don't spend a dime...

What's going on with prime :confused:

Did'nt know we had to spnd money just to have some input :frown:
i though this was a public forum

i guess since i'm broke i cant comment on any of the thread since i have not been buying anything for a while.

Eric when i have enough money saved. i'll call u when i'm ready, hope u still have them avail:smile:

Oh yeah I ordered mine FOR THE FULL PRICE. SO you got it 4 days ago LOL. You still don't have it till you have it in hand bro. Did you pay $400-800 for it???
No, I didn't think so, so let the rest of us who DID pay the Full ripped off amount complain and you be happy you didn't pay $700 for a $200 dollar item.
I feel bad for the guys that did pay the full amount as they tough they were getting a good product for a good price from thier friend who in exchange charged them 300% profit.

You may want to go back to the very first post and read very slowly the third from the last paragraph just before the pictures. In case you don't want to do that, I decided I will make it easy for you and cut and paste.

***Additionally, as part of this price reduction, all of the early adopters of the MODE4 NSX-R diffuser will be compensated of the price difference. PM me for details.***

NOW BACK TO THE TOPIC WHO IS MODE4?
IS it Erick only ??
Or is it Vance and others involved too?
Simple question:rolleyes:

The answer is; they are NSX enthusiasts enjoying their NSX's and happy to be a part of the NSX community... That's my final answer...:biggrin:

No.. the downforce is shaped differently. OEM 02 rear only.

Not exactly...but very close - see this on my downforce valence....
diffuser.jpg

Just as a note, the OEM is not CF but polyurethane. At one time i was able to get the OEM for around $650

That was probably during the era when yen to $$ = 130 yen to $1.00 USD

Now it is hovering around = 94 yen to $1.00 USD. A whopping 35 - 40% gain in price.

People often over look the issue of exchange rate. Basically, any thing from Japan just went up at least 30% during the last 12 months.

The answer is; they are NSX enthusiasts enjoying their NSX's and happy to be a part of the NSX community... That's my final answer...:biggrin:[/QUOTE]

You forgot to finish the sentence....

The answer is; they are NSX enthusiasts enjoying their NSX's and happy to be a part of the NSX community AND IN THE PROCESS RIP THE COMMUNITY OFF to buy more parts for Vance to get, so they can copy it, brand it mode4 and sell it to us for 300% profit...

Not exactly...but very close - see this on my downforce valence....
diffuser.jpg

Can't see the picture. But I got the DF valance and it has a arc to it so the sides have a little gap there. I was going to use the double sided tape just on the sides as I am allready using the 5-6 screws. My body shop guy says the arc wont go away I will need to get another diffusor. But I am hoping the tape on the sides will straighten it out. If not I will have to buy another diffusor. And would like to know if this one would work with the Downforce 02 rear valance..

Can't see the picture. But I got the DF valance and it has a arc to it so the sides have a little gap there. I was going to use the double sided tape just on the sides as I am allready using the 5-6 screws. My body shop guy says the arc wont go away I will need to get another diffusor. But I am hoping the tape on the sides will straighten it out. If not I will have to buy another diffusor. And would like to know if this one would work with the Downforce 02 rear valance..

I'm living with the gap...no big deal in my opinion.
Like I said in my PM to you...If you used the screws on the edge...the gap would probably go away. The picture you see only uses two screws (in the middle) and 3M moulding tape around the entire edge. I did not want to go through the bumper removal drill again - and I wanted to keep the number of holes drilled to a minimum.

I'm living with the gap...no big deal in my opinion.
Like I said in my PM to you...If you used the screws on the edge...the gap would probably go away. The picture you see only uses two screws (in the middle) and 3M moulding tape around the entire edge. I did not want to go through the bumper removal drill again - and I wanted to keep the number of holes drilled to a minimum.

Yeah I am living with it too. But it really bothers me and I allready used all the screws and all 5-6 mounting points even the edge ones. But its still arching in the ends. It didn't do that before but now since I have the DF 02 rear valance this diffusor isnt sitting flush. The body shop guy said the 3m tape wont do it because the problems isnt the mounting points according to him its the diffusor having an arc. I have no idea how it got an arch all I did was paint it. Before I buy another diffusor I want to make sure I wont have this problem..

The answer is; they are NSX enthusiasts enjoying their NSX's and happy to be a part of the NSX community... That's my final answer...:biggrin:

=You forgot to finish the sentence....

The answer is; they are NSX enthusiasts enjoying their NSX's and happy to be a part of the NSX community AND IN THE PROCESS RIP THE COMMUNITY OFF to buy more parts for Vance to get, so they can copy it, brand it mode4 and sell it to us for 300% profit...

YAY. I really hope you don't drink starbucks, wear Nike shoes, or even eat fast food because I sure would hate for you to find out how much Starbucks mark up on their coffee and do you think it really cost Nike $149 dollars to make a pair of sneakers and sell it for $150, if so Phil Knight would be driving an nsx bitchin about how he's getting jacked all day long and complaining about every little thing in life. Sound familiar?

Funny... anyone who refutes what yay says or has an opposing view is either:

1) out to discredit his "good name" here on Prime, or
2) part of MODE4, or
3) both

So before I continue: I'm not trying to muddy your name, Yay; I'm not part of MODE4.

Since I've gotten sucked into posting on this thread I might as well say what I've been thinking about this whole thing. If I were in the same situation as MODE4 I would have set my pricing similarly. From a business standpoint, you don't sell things based on what the product cost to produce but on what the market will bear. You try to undercut your competition, sure, but you don't price your product with the only criterion being how much it cost you to make the product. I'm always amazed at what the difference is between cost, wholesale, street and full retail pricing. But like I always say, anything is worth whatever someone will pay for it. Collectibles like baseball cards, beanie babies and postage stamps come to mind.

I mean, if I could spend $50 to make a bent piece of aluminum that others are selling for $350 then turn around and sell my product for whatever i wanted... I'd sell it for like $280 or even $300. Not $60, just because it only cost me $50 to make. I'd sell it for a price that will entice buyers to buy mine while still maximizing my profit. Makes perfect sense to me.

As for Synergy, I think their only mistake was to price too aggressively. They could have made more money per part. I suppose their business plan could have been "we'll make less per part but we'll make it up in bulk" :biggrin: It's just sad that both companies are not making as much as they could be. I mean, it's good for us and my bottom line is that I got a diffuser for a great deal so I'm not complaining. But that's thinking short term. I will be complaining when there are no more NSX vendors because "there just isn't any money in making parts for those cheap bastards".:mad:

J

That was probably during the era when yen to $$ = 130 yen to $1.00 USD

Now it is hovering around = 94 yen to $1.00 USD. A whopping 35 - 40% gain in price.

People often over look the issue of exchange rate. Basically, any thing from Japan just went up at least 30% during the last 12 months.

Yes, this was back in Jan. 06 (i had to check my PM's) and it was actually 800 Euros ! I ordered the CF and paid around 1,000 Euros.

Some people are feeling bad because the price dropped from $765 to $260 but this is what market offer and demand is all about. At the time it was $700+, it was up to the buyer to decide if it was worth it or not. When i bought mine at 1,000+ Euros, Erick wasn't offering it, and i felt it was worth the price. Did i complained with my vendor, NO !!!

I feel bad when this things happen (people complaining to vendors about lowering prices and even insinuate they are gouging their customers), because at the end who really gets hurt is the whole community, when a vendor quits the market. I thank Erick for being in the market, otherwise I wouldn't have gotten my 02+ bumper for pop-up and maybe other unique products in the future.

Just as a note, the OEM is not CF but polyurethane. At one time i was able to get the OEM for around $650

From my best descriptions about the OEM defuser.
It is made of hard plastic (not polyurethane, because polyurethane flexible), and it's hollowed so it's lighter than the copied ones that made solid. And on all the 4 vains, they all have a small hole for venting moisture maybe?
And yes, I have an OEM one on my car and that's my observation.

my 3 cents (gotta keep up with the inflation rate);)

From my best descriptions about the OEM defuser.
It is made of hard plastic (not polyurethane, because polyurethane flexible), and it's hollowed so it's lighter than the copied ones that made solid. And on all the 4 vains, they all have a small hole for venting moisture maybe?
And yes, I have an OEM one on my car and that's my observation.

my 3 cents (gotta keep up with the inflation rate);)

Yes, my C.F. one has holes in it also for moisture venting. Moisture comes into the structure from the fastners above. good observation. and mine says honda on it too.

Installed mine today in less than 1 hour. Just in time for another track event- Thanks again E.C. (you got PM).

Attachments

• mode4a.jpg
    mode4a.jpg
    29.7 KB · Views: 116
Yeah I am living with it too. But it really bothers me and I allready used all the screws and all 5-6 mounting points even the edge ones. But its still arching in the ends. It didn't do that before but now since I have the DF 02 rear valance this diffusor isnt sitting flush. The body shop guy said the 3m tape wont do it because the problems isnt the mounting points according to him its the diffusor having an arc. I have no idea how it got an arch all I did was paint it. Before I buy another diffusor I want to make sure I wont have this problem..

Post up a picture of the installation. I'm curious to see how bad it is on yours.

Take a look at this thread. 97-05 rotors for $800-$900!!!! and the 91-97 ones cost less than $250.

http://www.nsxprime.com/forums/showthread.php?t=101164&highlight=rotor

Yay,
You should go after this guy for trying to rip off owners of 97-05 NSXs. :wink:
He says: "If you want the discount you have to order through me as I am dealer now."

TADADADA SUPERMICKEY TO THE RESCUE..... AGAIN...
YOU BRO I CAN'T WAIT TO MEET AND EMBARRASE YOU IN PERSON...YOU HAVE NO IDEA WHAT YOU ARE TALKING ABOUT BUT LOVE TO STIR SH!T EVERYTIME..SICKNTIREDOFIT
YEAH GO TO THIER WEBSITE AND LOOK AT THIER PRICES FOR 97-05 ROTORS IT CRAZY...WEBSITE IS BRAKE PLANET.COM AND CHECK OUT THIER WARRANTY AND CALL THEM ABOUT THIER PRICES AND WARRANTY PRETTY DECENT... I M A DEALER AS I GET 15% DISCOUNT AND YOU DON'T, IS THAT HARD TO UNDERSTAND?
I HAVE NO IDEA WHY THE 97-05 PRICES ARE SO HIGH BUT I DON'T SET THE PRICES THEY DO SO WHAT THE HELL IS YOUR POINT?? EXCEPT THAT YOU LIKE TO STIR SH11T AND JUST LOVE TO KISS ARSE TO YOUR ONLY FRIENDS YOU HAVE. MUST BE SO SAD TO ONLY HAVE A LIFE SURROUNDING A CAR NOTHING MORE... EITHER WAY SHUT YOUR MOUTH I M SICK AND TIRED OF YOU

Last edited:
Funny... anyone who refutes what yay says or has an opposing view is either:

1) out to discredit his "good name" here on Prime, or
2) part of MODE4, or
3) both

So before I continue: I'm not trying to muddy your name, Yay; I'm not part of MODE4.

Since I've gotten sucked into posting on this thread I might as well say what I've been thinking about this whole thing. If I were in the same situation as MODE4 I would have set my pricing similarly. From a business standpoint, you don't sell things based on what the product cost to produce but on what the market will bear. You try to undercut your competition, sure, but you don't price your product with the only criterion being how much it cost you to make the product. I'm always amazed at what the difference is between cost, wholesale, street and full retail pricing. But like I always say, anything is worth whatever someone will pay for it. Collectibles like baseball cards, beanie babies and postage stamps come to mind.

I mean, if I could spend $50 to make a bent piece of aluminum that others are selling for $350 then turn around and sell my product for whatever i wanted... I'd sell it for like $280 or even $300. Not $60, just because it only cost me $50 to make. I'd sell it for a price that will entice buyers to buy mine while still maximizing my profit. Makes perfect sense to me.

As for Synergy, I think their only mistake was to price too aggressively. They could have made more money per part. I suppose their business plan could have been "we'll make less per part but we'll make it up in bulk" :biggrin: It's just sad that both companies are not making as much as they could be. I mean, it's good for us and my bottom line is that I got a diffuser for a great deal so I'm not complaining. But that's thinking short term. I will be complaining when there are no more NSX vendors because "there just isn't any money in making parts for those cheap bastards".:mad:

J

Hey I know you said you are not part of MODE$4 but you are friends with everyone on this thread right?? Like Mickey, MikeC, Erick etc Otherwise you wouldn't have bothered to post..

Your point is we should happilly pay more so we can keep these useless vendors around. Or they will all run away...
C'mon they will always be someone there to pick up the ball when they drop it. So its cool for them to act like you are hooking people up and when you know you could do way better??? The MODE4 motto was to help out the community and give deals and they sold mostly to friends and locals and got them for 300% profit. Thats fricken crazy, If they didn't return people some money back they would have everyone even cool with them ripping thier throats here but they were smart enough to do damage controll since they are in for the longer run.

Post up a picture of the installation. I'm curious to see how bad it is on yours.

I will post a pic, its not that bad except in the ends it fold down a bit, so there a little gapiin the ends instead of it being flush with the 02 rear valance. but its still real annoying

TADADADA SUPERMICKEY TO THE RESCUE..... AGAIN...
YOU BRO I CAN'T WAIT TO MEET AND EMBARRASE YOU IN PERSON...YOU HAVE NO IDEA WHAT YOU ARE TALKING ABOUT BUT LOVE TO STIR SH!T EVERYTIME..SICKNTIREDOFIT
YEAH GO TO THIER WEBSITE AND LOOK AT THIER PRICES FOR 97-05 ROTORS IT CRAZY...WEBSITE IS BRAKE PLANET.COM AND CHECK OUT THIER WARRANTY AND CALL THEM ABOUT THIER PRICES AND WARRANTY PRETTY DECENT... I M A DEALER AS I GET 15% DISCOUNT AND YOU DON'T, IS THAT HARD TO UNDERSTAND?
I HAVE NO IDEA WHY THE 97-05 PRICES ARE SO HIGH BUT I DON'T SET THE PRICES THEY DO SO WHAT THE HELL IS YOUR POINT?? EXCEPT THAT YOU LIKE TO STIR SH11T AND JUST LOVE TO KISS ARSE TO YOUR ONLY FRIENDS YOU HAVE. MUST BE SO SAD TO ONLY HAVE A LIFE SURROUNDING A CAR NOTHING MORE... EITHER WAY SHUT YOUR MOUTH I M SICK AND TIRED OF YOU

Uh...ok??? Sure, would love to meet you in person and have you "embarrase [sic] me". In fact, I'll treat you to Starbucks right after.

Last edited:
Seriously, would you really? Treat him to starbucks afterwards. I was thinking a nice cold beer or two.

It's good friday! Whats with all the hostility. Hell, I think you all should buy me a beer just to be nice fell'ers.

Last edited:
Seriously, would you really? Treat him to starbucks afterwards. I was thinking a nice cold beer or two.

It's good friday! Whats with all the hostility. Hell, I think you all should buy me a beer just to be nice fell'ers.

I'll buy you a beer if I meet up w/ you at an upcoming meet. Maybe at a meet in the Bay this summer. :smile:

Happy Good Friday.

Back