Mad Max fans.

+ 1, I have made reference to characters from Mad Max to young ones and they have no idea what I'm talking about, after they release this new one they will know what I'm talking about (I might have to clarify that I'm talking about the original); Hope it does justice to the original.

Last edited:
Mad Max: Fury Road is variously described as a remake or reboot of The Road Warrior, and this bothers me: I'd rather see a fourth movie in the Mad Max series rather than a reboot. It just isn't Max without Mel Gibson. If one can get past his off-screen craziness, he's still an excellent actor, and his is Mad Max.

I won't see it in the theater (but then again, I rarely go the theaters anymore anyway), but if it shows up on streaming somewhere I'll check it out.

While ole Mel is a bit of a loose cannon nowadays, I'd still pay good money to see him in a fourth version. That said, I was skeptical about the newest Bourne movie with Jeremy Renner and not Matt. It was a great movie. I'll never like any Mad Max movie like I did the first one, but I'll give this one a shot.
Mad Max: Fury Road is variously described as a remake or reboot of The Road Warrior, and this bothers me: I'd rather see a fourth movie in the Mad Max series rather than a reboot. It just isn't Max without Mel Gibson. If one can get past his off-screen craziness, he's still an excellent actor, and his is Mad Max.

I won't see it in the theater (but then again, I rarely go the theaters anymore anyway), but if it shows up on streaming somewhere I'll check it out.

Gotta give it up for the toe cutter,lord humungus,the feral child....awesome Australian post apocalypse stuff.

The Road Warrior still stands as one of my favorite movies of all time. Honestly, I'm really excited about the new one. With George Miller back at the helm directing, writing, and producing, I'm fairly confident that Fury Road isn't going to disappoint. I like Tom Hardy as well......perfect replacement for Mel as Max.

And Docjohn, you did see that Hugh Keays-Byrne (the actor who played Toecutter in Mad Max) is the main bad guy in the new movie?

Last edited:
The Road Warrior still stands as one of my favorite movies of all time. Honestly, I'm really excited about the new one. With George Miller back at the helm directing, writing, and producing, I'm fairly confident that Fury Road isn't going to disappoint. I like Tom Hardy as well......perfect replacement for Mel as Max.

And Docjohn, you did see that Hugh Keays-Byrne (the actor who played Toecutter in Mad Max) is the main bad guy in the new movie?

no I did not....thunderdome lost me despite master-blaster and the whole two men enter deal....so hopefully they stick to the genre of the first two.

After giving this some thought, the movie should've been based on "today" {30 years later} starring Mel at his current age still surviving the wastelands, and of course, still driving the Interceptor. I think that would've been a good movie.

Back