• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

LS1 in a NSX?

rev440 said:
What fun is 12's or 11's theres 12 second cars everywhere hell theres stock sedans with good tires that will run 12's! I might even buy a roller and then put my engine and trans in it. My plan for the car would be drag and road racing with two different supsension setups. Theres always a cheaper way out if I just wanted to go in a straight line Id have my eye on some bikes but I dont. I would like the car to run a mid to low 10 or a high 9.

Hmm...

9511boy_driving_car1.jpg

You guys are dealing with a kid. Just google his nick and check out all the other forums he's posted in, he already got himself banned from one:
http://monster.traxxas.com/showthread.php?t=295195&page=2

One forum he's talking about how he knows people with street legal cars that run 7 second 1/4 miles. Come on.

"The NSX is all right"
http://www.ultimatecarpage.com/forum/showpost.php?p=488818&postcount=21

Go here and you will see in his profile he's 17 years old.
http://www.ultimatecarpage.com/forum/member.php?u=19902

Date of Birth:
April 20, 1989
Interests:
Fast cars
My car:
04 mach1 420hp, Explorer, F150, Dakota

Here's one from last week where he talks about his high school class schedule
http://www.ultimatecarpage.com/forum/showpost.php?p=535711&postcount=14

ahahaha, in THIS thread, he wants to put an LS7 in an Elise!!
http://www.ultimatecarpage.com/forum/showpost.php?p=488958&postcount=63

I was researching to see if I could find his real name and pull up his DMV registrations to see if he actually owns an '04 Mach 1. He's too young though, if he did own one (DOUBT IT), it would be under his parents name, and here's a reference that it's his dads:
http://www.ultimatecarpage.com/forum/showthread.php?p=521353#post521353

I'm done wasting time with this choad.

Last edited:
robr said:
You guys are dealing with a kid. Just google his nick and check out all the other forums he's posted in, he already got himself banned from one:
http://monster.traxxas.com/showthread.php?t=295195&page=2

One forum he's talking about how he knows people with street legal cars that run 7 second 1/4 miles. Come on.

Go here and you will see in his profile he's 17 years old.
http://www.ultimatecarpage.com/forum/member.php?u=19902

Date of Birth:
April 20, 1989
Interests:
Fast cars
My car:
04 mach1 420hp, Explorer, F150, Dakota

Lets ban him here too:biggrin:

Ban him? He's a kid...are we really that thin skinned...who cares what he thinks...I have an 18 yr. old, and crack up at all the stupid things he and his friends think they know....don't you remember being young and dumb.

If he wants to come in here and be honest and just toss around the idea, that's fine, but he's pretending to be some high roller with tons of cash and engineering skills and acting like he's serious about doing this. He's wasting the time of people who are taking him seriously.

H-carWizKid said:
You do also realize that even with the V6 you can't keep a set of tires on an NSX longer than 10k miles right?

You do realize that this has nothing to do with the V6 right?:biggrin:

Wasting time?

clr1024 said:
You do realize that this has nothing to do with the V6 right?:biggrin:

Yup. :biggrin:

robr said:
He's wasting the time of people who are taking him seriously.

How is that? I spent a good deal of time creating my post, but I don't consider that time any more wasted than the time I spend posting in any other thread.

It is fun to interject a little reality in this era of Monster Garage style slap it together and call it "fabrication" ism.

Remember kids- Anything may be possible, but is it really wise?

rev440 said:
Show me a 640whp NSX racing a 500rwhp nsx and then showing the same times. It just wont happen no matter what you do.
"After years of research, we have found a part that, when removed and modified, dramatically improves a vehicle's performance. It's called...

...the Driver!"
(quote ripped from http://www.go4itservices.com/)

Even with the added power of the Chevy, I don't think it's enough to compensate for the poorer aerodynamics the NSX will have when travelling in reverse. It would be fun to have 5 or 6 ratios to choose from when traveling in reverse, but the very low gearing that would remain in the one forward gear just wouldn't give me a satisfying 'bang for the buck' feeling when the resulting top speed would be less than 30 mph.

Nice find yes Im only 17 and the page on up was about the ultimate swap many were even outlandish as a Rolls Royce turbine in a car. I never said I had the money to do it and Ill admit I got carried away. Im also on SVTperofmance and LS1tech. The guy I know his car runs low 8's at 160+. I respect many of you and would like to gain your respect. I hope to be successful as some of you guys. But also you guys are your generation of greatness and Im trying to be the next with outlandish ideas that could be pulled off. Im sorry If I deceived you guys but I just have a lover for cars just like all of you. I learned about this forum from Ferrari Chat and I read it was the premier place for the NSX lover and I’ve had the idea circling in my head for a while and I wanted to know if it was possible. Remember you gotta be young and stupid before old and wise. I hope I can get to know you all better.

Have a Good One,
Nate

Last edited:
Fair enough, that was adult of you to admit. As long as you are sincere and don't misrepresent yourself like I saw in the other forums (calling your dad's car "mine"), and would like to learn more about the NSX, then welcome aboard.

That said, if you're looking for a 1/4 mile car, there really are MANY, MANY better and cheaper choices than the NSX. The NSX does everything well, but it's best at none (except maybe reliability). If you ever have the opportunity to drive a well maintained NSX, especially around some twisties, I think you'd appreciate what it has to offer. It doesn't have the torque of a V8, but that's not what it's about. I think before you start asking about doing things that will require a ***HUGE*** bank account, you should at least get to know the car.

If you seriously want a 1/4 mile, massive HP car, just get a Supra MKIV or a Grand National and call it a day. BTW, I recommend checking out www.nsxfiles.com and start reading about Doug's adventures with racing the NSX. You'll learn a ton about the NSX and the stories are pretty entertaining... you may also learn it's not the car for you. Here's a guy who made millions at Microsoft and he gets spanked on the track regularly, but he loves his NSX so much, he won't part with it as a track car even though he could probably afford just about anything (or could before he had children to think about).

ah well, it could have been fun arguing with him... see now he's owned up and well what's the fun in that?

it would still be nice to be able to fit (with only minimal fuss) a big v8 in. oh well... sorta like my 75 landcruiser... there's about 5 different companies which do v8 conversions and sell all the adapters for the diy'er

robr said:
Fair enough, that was adult of you to admit. As long as you are sincere and don't misrepresent yourself like I saw in the other forums (calling your dad's car "mine"), and would like to learn more about the NSX, then welcome aboard.

That said, if you're looking for a 1/4 mile car, there really are MANY, MANY better and cheaper choices than the NSX. The NSX does everything well, but it's best at none (except maybe reliability). If you ever have the opportunity to drive a well maintained NSX, especially around some twisties, I think you'd appreciate what it has to offer. It doesn't have the torque of a V8, but that's not what it's about. I think before you start asking about doing things that will require a ***HUGE*** bank account, you should at least get to know the car.

If you seriously want a 1/4 mile, massive HP car, just get a Supra MKIV or a Grand National and call it a day. BTW, I recommend checking out www.nsxfiles.com and start reading about Doug's adventures with racing the NSX. You'll learn a ton about the NSX and the stories are pretty entertaining... you may also learn it's not the car for you. Here's a guy who made millions at Microsoft and he gets spanked on the track regularly, but he loves his NSX so much, he won't part with it as a track car even though he could probably afford just about anything (or could before he had children to think about).

I know there are many cheaper ways to build a car that fast in a straight line like a 5.0 mustang for instance but the problem with that car is the bottom end will only hold 550hp. I don’t remember ever claiming my dads but If I did I did. But my goal is to become and auto engineer for one of the big 3 or any one who will hire me. Ive been around cars for my entire life and I really love them and I really enjoy reading about the FX400 I think its called im a big turbo fan.

I think you'll find the same issue with the bottom end on many cars, including the NSX. FWIW, the stock bottom end in the Supra MKIV 2JZ-GTE is good for 1300+ HP. Now THAT'S insane!!!!

Where did the original poster go?

Attachments

• stupid comment pic.jpg
    stupid comment pic.jpg
    25.6 KB · Views: 96
Since you are quite young, I'm not going to further degrade your comments. I'm not a decade older than you anyhow, but I suppose I have come a long way since 17.

Before you make so many claims, I suggest you go get a ride in a 12 second car while it runs a 12.9. Any evo with some bolt-ons can* run 12's VERY FEW of the driver's have the capabilities. Get a ride in a 10 sec car WHILE it runs a 10.9. You'll need to find one with a roll cage that can house a passenger to start. If you still think you want/need a 10 sec car on the STREET, you have more to learn than any book or school can teach you.

And I can't refrain from bringing this up:

rev440 said:
What fun is 12's or 11's theres 12 second cars everywhere hell theres stock sedans with good tires that will run 12's! I might even buy a roller and then put my engine and trans in it. My plan for the car would be drag and road racing with two different supsension setups. Theres always a cheaper way out if I just wanted to go in a straight line Id have my eye on some bikes but I dont. I would like the car to run a mid to low 10 or a high 9.

So with this brilliant logic, if every other car on the street trapped 200mph, if yours trapped 150mph [easy 10], it would be a slow pos that was boring to drive?
Fun has NOTHING to do with what OTHER PEOPLE drive. You can take that one straight to the bank.

You cannot FATHOM the work it would take to bring a car [especially like the NSX] into the 9's, much less make it even REMOTELY driveable on the street with the capacity to run a 9 maintained.

If you rode on the back of my 1200cc sportbike, you would $hit your pants by the 1/8 mile and it barely hits 10's because I refrain from launching it too hard. A 9 second bike --blows mine away-- like it is standing STILL. It still scares the hell out of me and I've put thousands of miles and hundreds of passes on it.

Good job on taking the initiative and learning. But I suggest you try as hard as you can to learn before starting discussions like these. When I turned 15, I saw a Nissan 300zx with the words 'Twin Turbo' written on the back. I went back into the Sheridan hotel in Telluride CO, and found zcar.com. I have 12 short of 6,000 tech posts there, and bought a 91 twin turbo cash a few days after turning 18. I sold it for 2,000 profit a year later because I had to go to college and was on my own financially.

There is a wealth of knowledge on these car forums but realize your place among these professionals who already own the car.

Ive riden in a 13,12,11,9 second car. The 9 second car had a built 347 with heads of a nascar I belive there called windsor heads it was lightened and in a 95 cobra body with over 800hp and 800lbtq but there werent on the track. The 12 and second car were on radials. Most of the fast cars Ive riden in have been mustangs but a couple odd cars like a Ferrari 360 or a Viper GTS. I know what a 9 sec bike can do Ive seen them run many many times at milan dragway. I dont need a 10 second car but with blowers or turbo and a laptop tuner you can up the boost to a race gas tune for more horse and track driving then less boost for street driving.

rev440 said:
Ive riden in a 13,12,11,9 second car. The 9 second car had a built 347 with heads of a nascar I belive there called windsor heads it was lightened and in a 95 cobra body with over 800hp and 800lbtq but there werent on the track. I dont need a 10 second car but with blowers or turbo and a laptop tuner you can up the boost to a race gas tune for more horse and track driving then less boost for street driving.

Oh, you are so young...

You say you don't have money so I hope you have a rich uncle.

When you get a little older you'll realize the trials and tribulations of actually owning/maintaining cars like these. Seasoned builders and mechanics who have been working on these cars since before you were born have trouble keeping cars like that streetable and in running condition.

Clearly you're into cars and that's a great thing. Having engineering ambitions is great too. But no offense--now that you've owned up to who you are (and you didn't fool anyone here)--but you are in the wrong forum.

What I mean to say is, you watch NASCAR and Drag racing. We watch Formula 1. We NSX owners strive for track times, balance and precision. You want HP, turbos and 1/4 mile times.

I just think you'll have so many more stimulating conversations on the MKIV forums or Mustang forums. And you might actually learn something about how to make your goals happen, but not here.

You're attitude is all wrong for NSX ownership. And that's OK. Do what you want to do and have fun--you're young and you've got so many opportunities. You could become a fantastic race mechanic. Great. But first you'll need to lose the attitude you initially had on this forum altogether. That won't get you anywhere and no one who knows things you want and/or need to know will share them with you. And second, realize what you want and go for it. IOW, arguing with NSX owners is a waste of time for you. You'd be much more well-served to bounce ideas off peers who have similar interests as you.

NSXGMS said:
but you are in the wrong forum.

What I mean to say is, you watch NASCAR and Drag racing. We watch Formula 1. We NSX owners strive for track times, balance and precision. You want HP, turbos and 1/4 mile times.

I don't think you should stereo-type all NSX owners into one corner. Based on my reading of NSXprime over the years it appears there are many owners from many backgrounds that like the NSX for one reason or another. :wink:

might as well go LS7. big motors sound great, but i think the nsx should have a more ferrari/f1 sound..... either way, that would be awesome. would be unique, and it would be something worth showing through the rear glass (ie, V6 with VTEC written on it isn't all that cool to be showing off)

be sure to put fatass tires on the back too :smile:

scorp965 said:
What is the point of even responding to this joker? Go pollute some other forum 'rev440'.

How am I polluting this forum? We are talking about NSX and thats was this forum is about am I wrong?

I really dont watch Nascar and how could you say that one owner already talked about running a 1/4 hundreds of times. Let alone have you seen the forced induction most section most of those cars all have 1/4 mile times.

I just think you'll have so many more stimulating conversations on the MKIV forums or Mustang forums. And you might actually learn something about how to make your goals happen, but not here.
Im already on a Mustang, Corvette, and Ferrari forum

You're attitude is all wrong for NSX ownership. And that's OK. Do what you want to do and have fun--you're young and you've got so many opportunities. You could become a fantastic race mechanic. Great. But first you'll need to lose the attitude you initially had on this forum altogether. That won't get you anywhere and no one who knows things you want and/or need to know will share them with you. And second, realize what you want and go for it. IOW, arguing with NSX owners is a waste of time for you. You'd be much more well-served to bounce ideas off peers who have similar interests as you.

Sometimes you have to be cocky in life and where have I really argued im just hear to learn about the NSX and what it can do.

I strongly encourage you to check out the Supra Forums since it doesn't sound like you've looked into them. The Supra MKIV is a great handling car that is also a quarter mile beast that is easily capable of a reliable 1000+ HP if you have enough money to sink into it. For less money that it would take you to build a 500+ HP NSX, you could build a 1000+ HP Supra that would arguably be more reliable.

Not sure what the URL would be for the best Supra forum, there are several of them out there.

MKIV.COM perhaps?

Back