LOTUS TT V8 VS ACURA NSX

What is the price for a 99 Modena nowaday? Not 2002, 1999 model

hey carguy, id love to race your Porsche! i love those cars and believe me, i know what theyre capable off! my old porsche would blow the doors off my nos'd diablo! What year porsche are you stuffing that motor into? my old car made 714 rear wheel hp, but at only 1.1 bar, and my car weighed 2490pds! Deqle whenever your ready let me know! give me lots of advanced notice though because i will be in florida for christmas!

Originally posted by ALLAN:
HAHA DEQLE, i guess i must of imagined the race, talking with the owner etc! you truly are a fool. btw, in all honesty, no matter what you do to a nsx, it will still be just trying to keep up with the rest.

Allan,

You are a very nice guy and a true enthusiast of the NSX.

Originally posted by ALLAN:
hey carguy, id love to race your Porsche! i love those cars and believe me, i know what theyre capable off! my old porsche would blow the doors off my nos'd diablo! What year porsche are you stuffing that motor into? my old car made 714 rear wheel hp, but at only 1.1 bar, and my car weighed 2490pds! Deqle whenever your ready let me know! give me lots of advanced notice though
because i will be in florida for christmas!

I am putting the engine in my '96 993TT, I think I am going to need all wheel drive to have any chance of hooking up. I am planning on upgrading to wider / stickier tires but probably won't have them in time.

I talked to a guy out in New York that has the same engine in his '89 911 and he is running 10.7 quarters at 135mph on street tires. He couldn't really hook up off the line, I believe he said his 60 foot times were around 2.0 seconds.

I think this finally might satisfy my need for horsepower! I hope!

Your Porsche sounded like it would of been awesome, why did you get rid of it? Did you ever take it out to the track? I have a much easier time buying cars then selling them.

heres a video of the porsche at test and tune. this is a run where my friend doesnt get into it to the top of 2nd gear. the run was at .8bar, he was setting dialing the car in. it runs 9's at over 150mph. i have a picture of it pulling the front wheels off the gound. http://www.teamkryptic.com/media/videos/Moroso_042402_porshe_running_10s-dme.mpg

as to why i got rid of it, well it was my 2nd crazy porsche, 1st was a 93 RS America with the same motor in it. i had both these cars for about 5 years. in that time i raced everything and anything, blown everyone away. the car was soo fast that where in a short sprint in a fast car, ie lotus or supercharged nsx where youd get to 100, in that car id be doing 150mph on city streets. ive run numerous 210+mph runs in them without a problem. then my father died, and one of the notes he left behind was asking me to sell the porsche, because he didnt want me to join him. soo, i did.
sometimes i miss that rush though.

carguy, also not to scare you or anything, but ive known a few people who tried putting some crazy power down in the all wheel drive cars and all had problems with the driveline. they all ended up scrapping the 4 wheel drive. if you learn to drive right, in a 2 wheel drive, you can get good launches. takes alot of practice.

allan i thought you had the exhaust,computer and intake done to your lotus? if so that isn't really stock especially with the computer. we did put the straight pipes on the lotus and the car does feel abit more torquier but we have not race again yet but i driven both and the nsx on nitrous will still beat it i'm sure
can't really talk bad/good about yuor lotus or the nsx you race as i don't know how either of you drive or race.
as for looks well yours is a yellow lotus mine is white and i think that may be a difference but what color is the nsx i know it isn't yellow and if your still painting it yellow you will notice a big difference in people looking. my black nsx was pretty but people would pass it and never notice but my nsx in yellow stops traffic. when riding both cars together peole are usually like oh sh@t nsx and lotus who ever is in front usually gets the looks but my car isn't stock looking so i think my nsx has got the edge on the looks. as far as different power out put his lotus has 350 horse and you said yours did too so they sound the same unless you did change your computer out that would give you more torque
there is some guy down here in Clearwater Fl that just put together his 700 horsepower lotus, one day i'm going to stumble over this car and we're going to run.......

Back