LOTUS TT V8 VS ACURA NSX

Here is the post I think deqle is reffering to. From our friend smoore.

"the lotus has a very different interior than the nsx if you're over 6'0 forget about getting one. the e brake handel is on the left right were you bring in you foot and even though it is down it can still get in the way also i think they could do a better job on headlight design and it has a couple of blind spots. other than that it truely is a nice machine and sounds sweet white/tan i think is almost rare on the lotus people also have no clue what this car is just like the nsx.
we've raced and my nsx off of the bottle is side by side give or take a car, he'll get a car on the hole shot and when i shift to second i catch that car back up and we stay side by side to 120mph but if i use my nitous i was at least 5-6 cars ahead by the end of second and the race was over but his car is stock and i'm sure that'll change soon
as for realability that has not been a problem yet but we have had the car for 2 days so i don't know i heard horror storys about the s4s leaking oil etc. but this car seems solid, i guess we'll soon find out.
his car is a 97 with 18,000 miles on it."

again, i merely posted a kill story. i didnt say the lotus was a better car, i didnt say the lambo was better, i didnt say you guys should sell your nsx's and buy supras, i merely stated i raced an nos'd nsx and won. thats it! it has nothing to do with wether or not you guys want to go fast in your nsx, or anything else, just a race story. SHEEEEEEEESH!

From what i heard Gerrys car was all out btw, his mph shows that, he maybe able to do slightly better et wise, but get into the 10's, on street tires, i doubt it.

Originally posted by NetViper:
Here is the post I think deqle is reffering to. From our friend smoore.

"the lotus has a very different interior than the nsx if you're over 6'0 forget about getting one. the e brake handel is on the left right were you bring in you foot and even though it is down it can still get in the way also i think they could do a better job on headlight design and it has a couple of blind spots. other than that it truely is a nice machine and sounds sweet white/tan i think is almost rare on the lotus people also have no clue what this car is just like the nsx.
we've raced and my nsx off of the bottle is side by side give or take a car, he'll get a car on the hole shot and when i shift to second i catch that car back up and we stay side by side to 120mph but if i use my nitous i was at least 5-6 cars ahead by the end of second and the race was over but his car is stock and i'm sure that'll change soon
as for realability that has not been a problem yet but we have had the car for 2 days so i don't know i heard horror storys about the s4s leaking oil etc. but this car seems solid, i guess we'll soon find out.
his car is a 97 with 18,000 miles on it."

ok, see this where everyone gets confused. i have spoken to smoore and given him advice on the lotus. 1st off, that lotus is a 97, there is a big difference in power between that and my car. the 2000+ cars have a majorly revamped ecu out of the esprit sport 350, giving significant torque and hp increases. 2ndly the nsx in question is a heavily lightened and gutted car, it doesnt even have a/c. I have no doubt he can beat that lotus. they are in the process of doing some work to the esprit, and im sure as the driver gets more aquainted with the car they will no doubt improve the cars performance. if you speak to smoore he will also tell you that he blows away basch boost Nsx's easily.

Originally posted by ALLAN:
heres a way for you to do some math, stock nsx 270hp

in a car that is heavier than a lotus

Here's a way for you to do some math. The V8 Lotus Esprit is heavier than a '92 NSX (3043 pounds vs 3010). Last time I checked, 3043 was greater than 3010.

Hhmm.. the acceleration times I have seen for 97 esprits and 2000 dont seem to be any different. Doesn't show me HUGE HP and TQ gains??

PS. I cannot wait for you to get that 911TT and tell us how much better that car is than our NSX too.

i have the nsx listed at a higher weight than the lotus.

also show me your 2000 model year lotus acceleration figures since ive gone through every magazine looking for them, R+T, C+D, motortrend, evo,autocar,car, etc, and none of them have tested a newer model.

as far as me having to get a 911tt to tell you that car is better, why wait? i can tell you that now!

But i have to go now, as i just got off the phone with my friend and convinced him to to run me in the Lotus with his Basch supercharged Nsx, it is a 91 with exhaust, headers and supercharger.who knows, maybe he'll win. ill see if i can get some pictures.

Tell you the truth Allan, I rather buy a 30,000 NSX then throw in the nitrous, supercharge, or turbo charge over the new P and save myself a huge amount of money. Heck I can even do that to a new NSX and still save some money. In the end what do i have, one good looking car, rare, and have more than the power to back up the look. It seem like you alway try to put an NSX down in the race, and not willing to accept that there are really fast NSX out there (not just Jerry), and the owners probably pay no more than 40-50 thousands for it. A much better deal than your Lotus, and the Lambo in my opinion.

as usual you guys miss the point and get all defensive over the Nsx.

And what point may that be?

Of course, many of us are very passionate about the NSX - the car has a mysterious way of alluring us - and last I checked this was a forum dedicated to NSX enthusiasts who appreciate the many virtues and attributes of the NSX.

As such, it is only natural that some of us may become overly-defensive about a subject that this forum is dedicated to discussing - specially when the subject is being degraded.

It is no secret that you consistently demean the NSX and seem to derive pleasure in the process. As long as you obey forum rules, you are entitled to such views and continue to be condescending towards the NSX.

However, just know that your actions and words are indeed perceived as poor taste in the eyes of many.

I am sure you will say that you do not care about what we think.

[This message has been edited by 8000RPM (edited 09 October 2002).]

Didn't you stated earlier in this thread that your Lotus has about 350 hp, that is not different from any of the other 8 bangers twin turbo Lotus, and we do know what those car run.
I am telling you, don't even bother modifying your NSX, sell it for a true enthusiast, and get your self a P or ZO6, it seem to me, that is all you care about.

From what I can see, the 2002 lotus will run to 60 about 0.3-0.5 seconds faster at best than the 2001 NSX and 0-100 about a second faster. I have no doubt that the stock lotus will pull on a NSX to 120.

By the way, the new Viper will beat a Diablo SV... so for 80 grand you can beat a car that is close to 300K
smile.gif
How is that for good value.

[This message has been edited by NetViper (edited 09 October 2002).]

Man, lets not start all this BS again guys. C'mon. Most of the time Allan is guilty of perpetrating all the commotion but seriously, Deqle you need to chill out sometimes about the NSX too. He just posted about his experience racing a guy on the street. We all know how little results on the road matter. Nowhere did he say anything derogatory about the NSX. There really is no need for ppl to get all defensive. Let him play with his lotus... which btw i think are fugly POSs. But that's a whole other story.
wink.gif

Darkcyd,
I undertand what you are saying, and I don't want to argue. But you know me, I am the organizer for the NSX here in SD, of course I am going to be defensive about the NSX. Can you blame me? after this guy had done it over and over and over again.

Deqle, your always talking about value when it comes to the Nsx. do you realize that not everyone is worried about value? do you realize that it does not matter to some people if they spend 5 times the cost of a new nsx for a car? because i for one do not care. not to sound snobbish, but when im picking up my new murcielago this summer, the thought will not cross my mind that i could buy 4 brand new nsx's and have change left over. to me that car is worth 274,000. that is my choice. to me a new Nsx is not worth 90 or even 75,000.

in this thread i never put the nsx down, i never said anything bad about the car, i simply stated it lost. im not anywhere near the lotus fanatic that i am lambo fanatic, soo its not like im here singing the praises of the lotus just to bash the nsx. it was a race, and the nsx lost. period, point blank, get over it. am i saying the lotus is faster than any nsx? no. am i saying that the lotus is a much better car than the nsx? no. it has certain qualities that i like better than the nsx, but the nsx also has certain qualities better than the lotus.

The fact is millionaires don't care about money and cannot relate to the rest of us. One day I hope to get to that point, but for now, I am watching my pennies. So for me, picking up a 1992 NSX and being able to make it beat a 2000 Lotus for only an extra $6,500 or so is great news.

When price is no object, why not get a lambo or ferrari? I would.

If I were a millionaire, would I get an NSX? Probably so, but only because I have loved them for so long. The only reason Allan got one is because he wife wanted it.

By the way, does your wife ever post on here allan?

From what I can see, the 2002 lotus will run to 60 about 0.3-0.5 seconds faster at best than the 2001 NSX and 0-100 about a second faster. I have no doubt that the stock lotus will pull on a NSX to 120.

By the way, the new Viper will beat a Diablo SV... so for 80 grand you can beat a car that is close to 300K
smile.gif
How is that for good value.

[This message has been edited by NetViper (edited 09 October 2002).]

oh gee, another smart remark. lets compare a brand new 2003 viper to a 4 or 5 year old Lambo. but anyways good call, new viper as of yet has displayed very disappointing results and i assure you, with a 12.37@117 mph quarter, a 0-60mph time of 4.1 from Motor Trend, and with car and drivers 0-60 of 3.9 and 12.1@121 quarter a diablo sv has no fear. even the viper community is not happy with the new cars results.

as far as the lotus being fugly, yeah your right, its soo fugly that people do not even give the nsx a second glance when we drive the two cars together. soo fugly that when i took it by the car show people were 10 deep to get a look at it, when the brand new nsx right next to it, didnt even get a second glance. or my recent Burger king drive through experience in the nsx, when we pulled up and every one ran up to take a look, and someone said"its just an acura nsx" and they all walked away

[This message has been edited by ALLAN (edited 09 October 2002).]

The fact is millionaires don't care about money and cannot relate to the rest of us. One day I hope to get to that point, but for now, I am watching my pennies. So for me, picking up a 1992 NSX and being able to make it beat a 2000 Lotus for only an extra $6,500 or so is great news.

When price is no object, why not get a lambo or ferrari? I would.

If I were a millionaire, would I get an NSX? Probably so, but only because I have loved them for so long. The only reason Allan got one is because he wife wanted it.

By the way, does your wife ever post on here allan?

it will take more than 6500. its 6500, plus 600 install plus exhaust 1000, plus headers, 1200, and you still wouldnt win.

Allan, I might not yet be on the level of financial freedom like you, but that will change with time, i am only 22. But I promise you, no matter what happened, i will never put down the NSX. Like many other great cars out there, quite a few NSX are own by famous owners, and that say a lot. And I never hear them say anything negative about the NSX.

Originally posted by bayareansx1999:
i am willing to race a Lotus, NSX w/nos or SC. 0-100 in my Hayabusa. Any challengerS?

Hi bayareansx,

some questions about the Hayabusa

0-60 in ?
0-100 in ?
0-100-0 in ?

60-0 in ?

How many g on skidpad?

Can you modify the engine and get over 200-220 hp and still count on reliability?

FI or carburators ?

Why I am asking all that? I wonder what would happen with an Hayabusa engine in this
www.go-t-rex.com

because they come with a ZX11 one...

What do you think about an Hayabusa engine win a T=Rex over the stock one?

Thanks!

effer, i dont know the exact times of the hayabusa, but i do know that it is a 9 sec 140+mph quarter mile street bike right off the showroom floor.very fast

it will take more than 6500. its 6500, plus 600 install plus exhaust 1000, plus headers, 1200, and you still wouldnt win.

wow.. allan gets a little testy when you say anything about about the lambo..

as far as the lotus being fugly, yeah your right, its soo fugly that people do not even give the nsx a second glance when we drive the two cars together. soo fugly that when i took it by the car show people were 10 deep to get a look at it, when the brand new nsx right next to it, didnt even get a second glance. or my recent Burger king drive through experience in the nsx, when we pulled up and every one ran up to take a look, and someone said"its just an acura nsx" and they all walked away

[This message has been edited by ALLAN (edited 09 October 2002).]

What a pile of crap... seriously... does ANYONE believe that?

Back