LOTUS TT V8 VS ACURA NSX

Originally posted by NetViper:
What a pile of crap... seriously... does ANYONE believe that?

why do you find it soo hard to believe? why would i put my own car down? i could just as easily be here saying the nsx gets just as much attention as the lotus, or almost as much. what reason do i have to lie? it doesnt. the lotus gets more attention than my porsches, or my ferraris did.

Originally posted by NetViper:
What a pile of crap... seriously... does ANYONE believe that?

why do you find it soo hard to believe? why would i put my own car down? i could just as easily be here saying the nsx gets just as much attention as the lotus, or almost as much. what reason do i have to lie? it doesnt. the lotus gets more attention than my porsches, or my ferraris did.

Originally posted by nsxtasy:
I don't know, but that's something you've been doing for a long time, in post after post after post.

i dont put the car down, i post my opinion in regards to other cars i own. you feel i put the car down because your opinions dont agree with mine. many people on this list who own other cars on this forum have shared my opinion.

Many of us own other cars, too, including me. You know that, for most of us, the NSX is not the only toys.

Originally posted by Deqle:
Many of us own other cars, too, including me. You know that, for most of us, the NSX is not the only toys.

yes, deqle, im sure you own other cars. but do you own ferraris, porsches,lotus's,lambos,etc to make direct comparisons to the nsx with?

What are you saying, just because they are not the F, P, L, and N, then we can't compare them, that is not a fair statement. My MR2 is going to be turn into one hell of a performance vehicle, too, and compare to the NSX, there are something that it is better at, ie, T-top, fuel economy, much easier to turn, easy to upgrade, cheaper to maintain, and still have the look after all these years. My NSX and MR2, each serve their purposes, and I am pretty satisfy with the combo. Sometime down the line, I will consider another sport car, and I still gonna love them all.

Open open open... your minds a lil bit. Sheesh. For crying out loud. The act of comparing any two objects means that you're going to make subjective judgements on postives or negatives. That said, Allan has the right to make comparisons of his cars with his nsx, no matter how negative they are, as he actually owns one. Deqle and the rest of us as well, have the right to make our own judgements as well on other cars. Just because you don't like what someone else has to say doesn't mean that they can't say it. =/

As for the Lotus Allan, what happens when you see a fat woman in a g-string? You gawk in disgust.
wink.gif
Ok ok, I'm just exaggerating. The Lotus is a fine automobile and I must say its rarer in these parts than an NSX is. But I still think its fugly. It reminds me of a De Lorean from back to the future more than it reminds me of anything remotely in this millenium. I've never gotten an 'Oh, it's just an Acura NSX.' Typically it's an 'Oh shit! It's an NSX!!!'

Seriously, if you have driven an MR2, then you know that they are quite capable back up vehicles, like a smaller version of the NSX or Lotus (Hell, even the early Lotus had a 4 banger turbo, too). Now, where is David? he seem to be MIA for a while now. I will take the NSX anyday over any MR2 anyday, but if I have a choice, I rather keep them both.

Originally posted by Darkcyd:
Open open open... your minds a lil bit. Sheesh. For crying out loud. The act of comparing any two objects means that you're going to make subjective judgements on postives or negatives. That said, Allan has the right to make comparisons of his cars with his nsx, no matter how negative they are, as he actually owns one. Deqle and the rest of us as well, have the right to make our own judgements as well on other cars. Just because you don't like what someone else has to say doesn't mean that they can't say it. =/

As for the Lotus Allan, what happens when you see a fat woman in a g-string? You gawk in disgust.
wink.gif
Ok ok, I'm just exaggerating. The Lotus is a fine automobile and I must say its rarer in these parts than an NSX is. But I still think its fugly. It reminds me of a De Lorean from back to the future more than it reminds me of anything remotely in this millenium. I've never gotten an 'Oh, it's just an Acura NSX.' Typically it's an 'Oh shit! It's an NSX!!!'

see in my opinion, the worst view of the nsx is from the back, just too wimpy looking. also from the side the nsx looks alittle off centered, but with side skirts and a front lip looks much better. the best look is from the front. the lotus looks great from all angles, especially from the back, with its wide stance.

also as far as attention to cars goes, its also a matter of where you live. coming from south florida and now scottsdale where you see plenty of them, the nsx gets hardly a glance, wheres as you dont see any lotus's, let alone lambos.

No kidding. The back view of the NSX is one of my favorites! I love how the light bar goes all the way across and then curves up like horns. I'm not fond of the block lighting at night though. I do agree with you on the side skirts and front lip though. They definitely give the car a much more solid look.

IMO, the Lotus just isn't curvy and sexy enough. No joke, but it seriously reminds me more of a riced out MR-2 than anything else. And from our past discussions of MR-2's, that's saying quite a bit.
wink.gif
The underbody diffuser sticks out like a soar thumb even though it does look mean. Too many separations for the window panels. Wimpy looking lights in the front and side indicators. I dunno, it just isn't too appealing. But I guess since you like it, they obviously made it the right way for some people. =)

Well, I live in Los Angeles, the car capitol of the world. =) That's partially why I decided to buy an NSX. A beemer, mercedes, or porsche doesn't even register for most people around here. Attention-wise, I think a Lamborghini wins hands down with anything else around here. But Ferraris, the new Mercedes SL's, and yes the NSX all garner quite a bit of attention. Perhaps you just don't drive your NSX often enough that you notice. Or it could be that you've just been numbed to it because of the other vehicles you drive.

How about 360 Modena, any running around in Scottdale? I know plenty of NSX owners here in SD, but everytime I go out with toy, too many people stare and ask question? the car are very attractive when you put on some nice rims and lower it. Hell, even the MR2 get look, too, and there are plenty of nice cars here in san Diego, especially, the La Jolla, Del Mar, PB, Santa Fe, etc area, strange, must be cause I am hauling ass everytime.

Originally posted by ALLAN:
Somehow deqle, i think somewhere along the way you lost a few of your marbles. You didnt start this? Did i come onto a thread you started and basicly call you a liar, or was it vice versa?

Ill race the hayabusa, from a 60mph roll to 200 in my diablo if youd like.

Hey Allan,
I will take that challenge, I will race you from 60mph-200mph. Or we can race from 0-200, 100-200, 150-200 or take them out on a road course. I will have my car out in Arizona in December so if you know of a good track I can meet you somewhere and we will post who wins!

Let me know!

Originally posted by Carguy!:

Hey Allan,
I will take that challenge, I will race you from 60mph-200mph. Or we can race from 0-200, 100-200, 150-200 or take them out on a road course. I will have my car out in Arizona in December so if you know of a good track I can meet you somewhere and we will post who wins!

Let me know!

what kind of car is it that im going to be racing?

Originally posted by ALLAN:
what kind of car is it that im going to be racing?

I will be picking my 911 up from Powerhaus, so I guess that is the one I will have to try your Lambo with. I can give you a call when I am in the area, my car should be ready in early December.

If you go to their site, you can see the engine that is being put into my car. It is listed under used parts.
www.powerhaus.com

[This message has been edited by Carguy! (edited 10 October 2002).]

Well, this is interesting. Allan, bring your Lotus, too, cause i can have my car ready and out to Arizona by then (going to have to stay at my buddy house then). Should be fun, we can all meet up together, and run.

I think it is funny how the ONLY thing Allan cares about is straight line acceleration. We all know the NSX was NEVER designed to be a drag racing car. Why don't you take your lotus out on a track with some of our frequent track drivers and see how you do.

Seriously, if you have driven an MR2, then you know that they are quite capable back up vehicles, like a smaller version of the NSX or Lotus (Hell, even the early Lotus had a 4 banger turbo, too). Now, where is David? he seem to be MIA for a while now. I will take the NSX anyday over any MR2 anyday, but if I have a choice, I rather keep them both.

I'm still around. I just haven't been posting much since things got really busy with Boosted Group. We will be hosting a booth at SEMA in Las Vegas so we have been preparing for that, plus several of our overseas clients were affected by the shipping strike so this has suddenly become a front-and-center concern for a lot of manufacturers (not to mention the distributors, retailers and tuners in the same supply chain).

Anyway, if any of you are planning on attending SEMA, please make a point of stopping by and saying "hello" at the Aquamist booth. You'll all be happy to know that the MR2 will be the display car at that show.
smile.gif

FWIW, my personal favorite view of the NSX is also the back and rear 3/4 view. Overall, it is a very timeless design and has aged gracefully over the years -- more so than just about any other Japanese car I can think of. I do feel that the nose is a bit angular and therefore somewhat dated looking (even compared to the MR2!), and the interior could have been updated a bit more -- even in the new face lifted model -- but these are small quibbles in what is overall a masterful design.

As for the Lotus, I also feel that this car has aged well over the years and can at this point safely be called a "timeless" design. This is especially true given how much longer it has been in production than either the NSX or MR2. It truly is the granddaddy of them all. I still think the Esprit is well past its prime, and if Lotus Motorcars were better financed, probably should have been put to pasture years ago, but the fact that the Esprit continues to soldier on through the years and does not look out of place in the premium sports car market is a testament to the quality of the integrity of the design.

-- DavidV
biggrin.gif

------------------
Get Boosted!
www.boostedgroup.com

[This message has been edited by BoostedMR2 (edited 10 October 2002).]

How about 360 Modena, any running around in Scottdale?

Oh ya, and they NEVER get old. Yellow, Silver, Blue, Black, Red, Sypder's / Coupes.
And at Scottsdale Ferrari right now there is a brand new sypder that is painted one sick color, kinda like a mix of silver and blue.....$279,000 last time I asked.
Allan does have a point about there being almost no Louts' here, the only few I have seen are his yellow one, a red one in Ahwatukee, and a white one in Chandler...all the same type. Ofcourse you could go to Scottsdale Lotus and check out the 3 or 4 there they have for sale.
As for Lambo's, theres his white Diablo, a yellow Diablo, a blue diablo, a red Diablo, a red Countach, and a yellow Murcialago (sp?).
Ofcourse, don't forget the 2 McLaren F1's--Orange and Silver. Can't compete with those.
Ya, I'm always out driving around everywhere enjoying my NSX and looking for other nice cars. Oh ya, there seems to be more NSX's coming here to Phoenix, and there's a TON of Viper's and Porsche's.

Well, this is interesting. Allan, bring your Lotus, too, cause i can have my car ready and out to Arizona by then (going to have to stay at my buddy house then). Should be fun, we can all meet up together, and run.

NICE, if this does happen, count me in, I'd love to come and watch....hell, if I can grab the 550 out of the garage I would bring that too.

Originally posted by Syonara:
NICE, if this does happen, count me in, I'd love to come and watch....hell, if I can grab the 550 out of the garage I would bring that too.

You have a Ferrari 550 also?

Back