LOTUS TT V8 VS ACURA NSX

ALLAN

Suspended
Well, i had the good fortune to run into a fellow nsxer with a red 92 nsx with exhaust, headers,intake, and 70 shot of nos.We ran twice, first from around 70 to about 120, and then from 40 to about 120. Id say that in the 40-120 race the lotus managed to pull 5-6 car lengths. We pulled off the same exit and turned into a gas station. Guy was very cool and wanted to the see Lotus, as according to him, thought he was going to whip my ass. He was even more upset when he found that the lotus was basicly stock. According to him, he had ran a 12 something at 113mph. Personally id have to see that to believe it. Nice guy, and if you happen to read this thread, id be happy to race again with that 100shot you talked about!

Now, the question is, did he used the nitrous? because there ain't no way that he can lose, NO WAY. Not even a ZO6 can withstand an NSX with nitrous, ain't gonna happen. There are just one explaination, he doesn't know how to drive.

Originally posted by Deqle:
Now, the question is, did he used the nitrous? because there ain't no way that he can lose, NO WAY. Not even a ZO6 can withstand an NSX with nitrous, ain't gonna happen. There are just one explaination, he doesn't know how to drive.

Poor Deqle, still in denial! Yes he was spraying, and yes he can drive. How do you possibly think that an Nsx with Nos is going to smoke a z06? a 100 shot of NOS usually adds about 10mph to your trap speeds. Hes running a 70 shot.

As for the Z06, thats a whole new story, as i just got back from racing one in the lotus about 10 times, we raced 2 and 3rd gear rolls to about 150- 160 mph, and both cars are pretty much dead even. If i got the jump he couldnt catch me, and vice versa. The Nsx would have been nowhere in site.

Im trying to get my friend in the supercharged Nsx to race also,but hes convinced he'll lose after riding in the lotus so keeps backing out.

Ohh, poor me, please, i know my car well enough. How can a nitrous NSX fare against a Lotus. Easy, I have seen it, there were also a thread in here about a nitrous NSX smoke a Modena, and there were another thread regarding the lotus being smoke by the nitrous NSX. So what are you saying? me and the rest of these guys are lying, come on man, have some common sense. Your Lotus is fast but not as fast as a nitrous NSX, and I am sure it is not as fast as the ZO6, neither, I have driven both these vehicles.

Look, this is not worth arguing, so let just let it die ok (I guess everyone is entire to his opinion, no matter how biased iis). I am still waiting for the trip to Arizona, then we will see how quick you are.

HAHA DEQLE, i guess i must of imagined the race, talking with the owner etc! you truly are a fool. btw, in all honesty, no matter what you do to a nsx, it will still be just trying to keep up with the rest.

heres a way for you to do some math, stock nsx 270hp, add approximately 15hp for exhaust,headers and intake, and a 70 shot adds up to in reality, about 50hp, if your lucky. thats 335 hp, in a car that is heavier than a lotus, and the lotus, bone stock rates at 350hp. my offer still stands , and i'll even buy you a drink to drown your sorrows after i blow your doors off!

Hey, ease up with the name calling man, I fucking didn't start this, so chilled. If you lose I will buy you a drink myself, cause there ain't no way in hell you are gonna win.

Somehow deqle, i think somewhere along the way you lost a few of your marbles. You didnt start this? Did i come onto a thread you started and basicly call you a liar, or was it vice versa?

Ill race the hayabusa, from a 60mph roll to 200 in my diablo if youd like.

What is the point of this arguement? We all know Gerry's NSX will waste your lotus. So who cares? Oh let me guess, you can mod your Lotus and make it faster than Gerry's. Of course you can. And you can mod a z06 to wipe both those cars out. Oh wait, them you can mod a viper and beat them all. Oh wait, then you can slap a twin turbo on a mclaren F1 and beat everything on planet earth.. except maybe the ENZO as it is faster (according to ferrarichat
smile.gif
)

The point is i merely posted a race that happened, between my car and another, thats it. Unfortunately, some people here still think the Nsx is for some reason unbeatable, when it is the other way around. Gerrys Nsx is of no issue here, as i did not race him, if i did im sure i would of posted here how i had my ass handed to me. Gerrys Nsx is the King of NSX'S, but in truth, when it comes to performance, its pretty much at its limit, while other cars are capable of reaching those figures far more easily and inexpensively.

I think it is a pretty good value to pickup a used NSX for 30K and slap on Gerry's turbo for another 6,500. For 36K, you have a pretty bad ass machine. Sure other cars will be faster, but they are not NSX's. Afterall, the NSX is why we are all here.

Originally posted by NetViper:
I think it is a pretty good value to pickup a used NSX for 30K and slap on Gerry's turbo for another 6,500. For 36K, you have a pretty bad ass machine. Sure other cars will be faster, but they are not NSX's. Afterall, the NSX is why we are all here.
it is a good value, but you do understand that a car with that system will perform nothing like Gerrys car, as Gerrys internal mods will cost approx another 14,000 to do.

What is Gerry running, low to mid 11s. Now without the internal mod, I can see at least a flat 12s or high 11s run with the turbo set up alone. Once of the guy here in SD had a twin turbo set up, and according to him, and a few other people, nobody had beat him yet. The internal work will make the car that much safer, ie, engine don't blow up. All in all, if you spend (just to be on the safe side) 45-50 G all total, you will have one hell of a car. You can go further than that, but that is on a different level, like Adam Sawurati's NSX.
You might say that I am biased toward the NSX, but the NSX does offer what I want in a car (there are some people here on this board that own 2 NSX), and soon enough I will have the opportunity to pick up a much updated NSX. Hopefully, the new one will come out or I will have to settle for a used 2002 in a year or so. The wait are killing me. In the mean time, The NSX and MR2 will make do.

Used NSX...$30k
Gerry Mods...$20k (internals + turbo)

For $50k I am cruising in style in an NSX that will smoke the timing traps at over 125mph.

Not bad.

I will take that over a new Z06 any day.

[This message has been edited by 8000RPM (edited 09 October 2002).]

Originally posted by Deqle:
What is Gerry running, low to mid 11s. Now without the internal mod, I can see at least a flat 12s or high 11s run with the turbo set up alone. Once of the guy here in SD had a twin turbo set up, and according to him, and a few other people, nobody had beat him yet. The internal work will make the car that much safer, ie, engine don't blow up. All in all, if you spend (just to be on the safe side) 45-50 G all total, you will have one hell of a car. You can go further than that, but that is on a different level, like Adam Sawurati's NSX.
You might say that I am biased toward the NSX, but the NSX does offer what I want in a car (there are some people here on this board that own 2 NSX), and soon enough I will have the opportunity to pick up a much updated NSX. Hopefully, the new one will come out or I will have to settle for a used 2002 in a year or so. The wait are killing me. In the mean time, The NSX and MR2 will make do.

Again, Gerrys Nsx ran a 11.94@ 125. fast, but a far cry from your claimed low to mid 11's.

As far internal modification being only to help reliaility, again no. They are intended to be able to run higher boost presures than you would normally be able, therefore creating more power. On a stock internals Nsx, you will not be able to run anywhere near the boost presures that Gerry does.

Adam suwataris Nsx can hardly be considered an Nsx anymore. And in my eyes, once you have 50,000 in your Nsx, its not a bargain anymore. there are several cars you can purchase at that price range and modify to beat the nsx, ie Viper gts, porsche 911 turbo, lotus, corvette etc.

also, there was just recently a post on another section of this forum, from a guy who's Nsx made over 400 rear wheel hp, and he ran a 12.79@ 112. He had a good short time, etc.

Originally posted by 8000RPM:
Used NSX...$30k
Gerry Mods...$20k (internals + turbo)

For $50k I am cruising in style in an NSX that will smoke the timing traps at over 125mph.

Not bad.
you are right, but look at it this way, for low to mid 30's you can buy a used z06, and for 20 grand twin turbo it, and run circles around your 125mph Nsx.
I will take that over a new Z06 any day.

Yes Allan, you can buy a used Z06 and mod the hell out of it.

Or you can buy a Supra, mod it, and run circles around lots of cars.

Heck, one can even mod Civics to outrun your Lambo.

Lots of cars can be modded to outrun lots of other cars. But who cares!

It just so happens that I would very much rather go fast in an NSX... even though it may cost me more to do so.

Yes, I remember the post, but if I am not mistaken, he stated that, he ran much, much quicker than that before (400rwh, I will take that over any other car anyday). So why don't you take reaction time, weather, heat, etc into consideration when you are running? I know some ZO6, and P owners who had some dissappoiting time slip, too. What in the world in the world are you still doing with the NSX? she's obviously doesn't like your touch. Please do me a favor, and sell the NSX, then you have nothing to complain about.
As for the NSX, she will last me year, and still do what i command

as usual you guys miss the point and get all defensive over the Nsx. Fact of it all is i merely wrote about an experience, and Deqle basicly called me a liar. it has nothing to do with modding a car to make it faster than another, it was just a letter about an experience.

Now i have to go out and kick my Nsx again.

Allan,

Yes, Gerry ran 11.9. I also read that run was not "all-out" and that he was holding back because he would have to have a rollcage once he breaks into the 10's (which I think he beleives his car is capable of).

With Gerry's Turbo kit, without any other mods, I am thinking very low 12's. That is quick by any exotic car standard.

I think 8000RPM hit it dead on when he said "It just so happens that I would very much rather go fast in an NSX".

I would guess 75% of us could sell our NSX's, get a supra, mod it, and smoke your lotus, but the fact remains we just want to be in our NSX because we feel it is the best exotic car in the world for us. It may not be a drag car, neither is a 355, but who cares. It is what we love.

I mean, seriously, if you ran your lotus against a stock 355, you would pull on it too.. does that mean the 355 is a peice of crap? No. Would you kick it? You would be a total moron if you did. And of course we all know you don't really kick you car.. so give it up. (note: since you are redoing it with a rear widebody, you might as well kick the crap out of it and see how much you dent it. Take pics for us)

You should kick your lotus too, because Gerry's car is faster. Hell, kick your Diablo while you are at it.

I sure hope you like your nsx more after you spend another 20K into mods and stuff..

Back