Look what i found! Ryan's old car.

I wanted my 100th post to be meaningful and it is.

If i found this hot gem and HAD the cash, i wouldn't tell a single soul and i'd snatch it up all for myself. But seeing how I am in no position to buy such a beauty, I want this car to go to a good home-to someone who would actually appreciate her. I know i would, but until then, someone take good care of her!

Ryan ITV car

I can't believe sychoso lost interest in this beauty. I'd cherish her and appreciate her the way she was meant to.

EDIT:
Question. Did Ryan lease his car? In the carfax, it shows as a lease? I thought he purchased the vehicle?

http://www.carfax.com/cfm/ccc_DisplayHistoryRpt.cfm?partner=CDM_0&vin=JH4NA21675S000170

Last edited:
er... Ryan converted his to NSX-R .... did the new owner, who bought it from Ryan, bring it back to bone stock and is selling it?!?!?!

weird....possible, but weird....

er... Ryan converted his to NSX-R .... did the new owner, who bought it from Ryan, bring it back to bone stock and is selling it?!?!?!

weird....possible, but weird....

yes he did. I know this is his car.. I'll bet someone an NSX. :biggrin:

I've been keeping up with Ryan's car. The new buyer bought this car and kept it, not doing much to it. If anything, he started parting it out slowly and tried selling it on the forums here.

Also, check out the carfax. Car's origin was in Delaware. It's Ryan's for a fact.

Ryan had so many NSX-R parts all over his NSX that i thought it was almost "impossible" (more like "who the hell would want to do that:biggrin:) to someone to revert it.

Yeah, the first thing he did was selling the NSX-R Wheel and Suspension so he can lower the car, and ask for was more than Ryan sold it for.

The car is very clean with low miles, but in this market, it will be a tough sell regardless the condition.

Last edited:
Wow asking $77k for a car with Kumho tires on it. They should be ashamed!

Vance is that a real NSX-R hood on Ryans car or a copy? Amazing price they're asking. I didn't pay that much for mine brand new with no miles.

Wow asking $77k for a car with Kumho tires on it. They should be ashamed!

Vance is that a real NSX-R hood on Ryans car or a copy? Amazing price they're asking. I didn't pay that much for mine brand new with no miles.

The hood is Procar.

I think for a low mile white 05 they can ask anything they want.

I think for a low mile white 05 they can ask anything they want.

Not really. I was on the verge of buying the car with everything on it (including the Comptech SC) for $70k last October and I opted out after I drove it.

+2 for curiosity

who and what is Ryan ITV?

Last edited:
+2 for curiosity

who and what is Ryan ITV?

First guy on Prime to do an 02+ NSX-R conversion on a brand new NSX. He made his car into a coupe and everything. Then of course he was scared to drive it and sold it:biggrin:

First guy on Prime to do an 02+ NSX-R conversion on a brand new NSX. He made his car into a coupe and everything. Then of course he was scared to drive it and sold it:biggrin:

Ryan's car was never converted to a coupe. He just painted the roof black. Anil is the only one I know of that converted his car to a coupe.

Didn't Ryan start with a different car? Did'nt his dealer wreck his first then gave him a new gpw as a replacement,and I think he did lease,and all of us were amazed he would mod a leased car:confused:

Ryan's car was never converted to a coupe. He just painted the roof black. Anil is the only one I know of that converted his car to a coupe.

Really then what did Ryan spend so much money on then:confused:

Didn't Ryan start with a different car? Did'nt his dealer wreck his first then gave him a new gpw as a replacement,and I think he did lease,and all of us were amazed he would mod a leased car:confused:

Yep he had a LBBP and it wasn't wrecked but did get damaged.

I think his story and his willingness to share it with us is why so many remember him.

Really then what did Ryan spend so much money on then:confused:

Yep he had a LBBP and it wasn't wrecked but did get damaged.

He filled in his fenders to block out the USDM signals, headlights disassembled, painted, then reassembled, Procar hood, CTSC, Type R carpet, Status Type R style seats, Clearcorners LED tail lights, Clearcorners headlights (now on Chris NSX), and a long list of other items that I cannot recall.

+1 I'm curious as well.

Well here it goes. I was an inch away from buying the car from Ryan when he was (surprisingly) selling it. I did not go thru with it for what I thought was a good reason: I traded my 04 Gallardo for an 06 and decided to forget getting an NSX (I had fought the urge since I had sold mine in 2004). A few months ago, after I had talked a few times with the eventual owner (in the SF area), I decided to look at it again and see what had become of it. I had so much reverence for that car that I guess I was expecting too much. First, it did not "feel" like a 6K miles car. Second, those side markers were on the move and showing thru the paint. Third, the front bumper/splitter were in dire shape. Fourth, the owner had taken off quite a bit of stuff off including the Type R interior, the LED tail lights..etc. The car drove well, the SC/engine pulled well but the suspension had taken its toll on the car it seems. It did not feel solid to me. To put it in a nutshell, it was a
disappointment" for me but in all honesty, there was nothing seriously wrong with the car at all.

Well here it goes. I was an inch away from buying the car from Ryan when he was (surprisingly) selling it. I did not go thru with it for what I thought was a good reason: I traded my 04 Gallardo for an 06 and decided to forget getting an NSX (I had fought the urge since I had sold mine in 2004). A few months ago, after I had talked a few times with the eventual owner (in the SF area), I decided to look at it again and see what had become of it. I had so much reverence for that car that I guess I was expecting too much. First, it did not "feel" like a 6K miles car. Second, those side markers were on the move and showing thru the paint. Third, the front bumper/splitter were in dire shape. Fourth, the owner had taken off quite a bit of stuff off including the Type R interior, the LED tail lights..etc. The car drove well, the SC/engine pulled well but the suspension had taken its toll on the car it seems. It did not feel solid to me. To put it in a nutshell, it was a
disappointment" for me but in all honesty, there was nothing seriously wrong with the car at all.

I always thought about a Gallardo. What are your thoughts on it ? It's funny how everyone that sells their NSX always winds up coming back to the NSX.

what a fantastic reply. thanks for filling in the community. Your expectations on Ryan's old car are shared. I know I would have loved to get a hold of Ryan's old car, his exact setup, before Sychoso started to pull a reverse Frankenstein and remove everything.

Everything about Ryan's old car, I would've done exactly the same way; from his led tail lights to every other detail. I feel like the love/passion and care wasn't put into the car when the previous owner had it. That's just my 2 cents. Hope she goes to a good home.

I have thought about a Gallardo and a Murcialego as well...then I shook my head and realized that I already had the perfect car...F1 looks and performance with a trunk that I can carry my gold clubs in when I drive out to the mountains to golf in Kananaskis, Banff and British Columbia:biggrin:

Sometimes its hard to believe that you were intelligent enough to pick the perfect car...lol...

Dam:cool:

It was Sycosho, not Sychoso. The old ad is here.

Last update was:

$70,000 obo Mileage ~6,000 miles

The car is all stock EXCEPT for:

- Black painted top

- "NSX-R" door emblem (by the outer door handle)

- shift knob (TYPE-R copy)

- procarhood (stock hood is getting shipped to me but no eta)

- no spare tire (didn't come with one from the previous owner)

- no/shaved side marker on all 4 fenders (from previous owner) :confused:

Back