• ***AVOID MARKETPLACE SCAMS!!***

Scammers are using compromised Prime member accounts to pose as a trusted seller in the marketplace. Before you enter into a deal with any seller, follow these tips to keep yourself safe. If you encounter one of these scammers, please report them immediately and we will lock their account.

Caveat Emptor!

KW V3 arriving for the NSX

I'm definitely interested. I have a set of KW2s that Robi Spec tuned and I just love them.

Do you know if KW will bother to get these TÜV approved?

Do you know if KW will bother to get these TÜV approved?
I believe so.

Just looking for an update on availability & pricing here.............

Thanks,
Brian
I'm sorry it is taking so long. They are done, but i'm just waiting to hear back from Germany what the official part # and pricing is. Hopefully i'll get an answer soon and then we can have them shipped over here.

I believe so.

I'm sorry it is taking so long. They are done, but i'm just waiting to hear back from Germany what the official part # and pricing is. Hopefully i'll get an answer soon and then we can have them shipped over here.

Yahooooooooooo!

Got this yesterday from KW Germany, Mr Michael Grassl for the Motorsports sales. I translated it into english

KW Competition 2 coilover system is Bound and Rebound adjustable.
1950,- Euro without VAT. VAT here is 20%
Dual tube suspenion

If you want to upgrade to aluminium damper it is 800 euro more.

KW Competition 3 coilover is also bound and rebound adjustable + High- und Lowspeed.

On the KW3
Monotube suspension

price w/o VAT is 5400,-

The KW coilovers uses the oem NSX pilow mount. If you want to upgrade to race unibal pillow mount it is 170 euro per piece. :/

Got this yesterday from KW Germany, Mr Michael Grassl for the Motorsports sales. I translated it into english

KW Competition 2 coilover system is Bound and Rebound adjustable.
1950,- Euro without VAT. VAT here is 20%
Dual tube suspenion

If you want to upgrade to aluminium damper it is 800 euro more.

KW Competition 3 coilover is also bound and rebound adjustable + High- und Lowspeed.

On the KW3
Monotube suspension

price w/o VAT is 5400,-

The KW coilovers uses the oem NSX pilow mount. If you want to upgrade to race unibal pillow mount it is 170 euro per piece. :/

On the KW3 price w/o VAT is 5400
Monotube suspension
170 euro per piece X 4
-----------------------------
= 6080 Euros = $7,716.13

now that's clearly a value play. :wink:

That should be a drop in the bucket for the big time spenders.

The "KW3" is an aluminum-bodied triple-adjustable race damper originally developed for the FIA GT NSX.
*This is the same technology they used on the Flying Lizard ALMS GT2 Porsches and their FIA GT championship winning cars.
*I wouldn't expect someone to buy these purpose-built race dampers on their daily driven (or occasionally tracked) NSX any more than I would expect someone with a Porsche to put the equivalent damper on their street car. You will always find some people who want the best of the best, and will pay for it. This thread was not intended for this race damper, and it is important to understand the difference between the Triple-adjustable race damper and the "Variant 3".

The double-adjustable KW Variant 3 (V3) should be less than half of that.
*The "V3" is what the thread was originally about.
*The V3 is also the same damper that is OEM on the Mercedes CLK63 Black Edition and holds the track record at the Nurburgring for fastest production car in the Dodge Viper ACR -which is also OEM equipped with V3s.

I'm guessing MSRP should be around the same price as their other V3 systems ~ $2,100-$2,700 range.

Last edited:
I've been following this thread for a while, but as a new owner I can finally say Yes I'm interested!

Not that I've had time to get bored with the stock suspension yet, but this car desperately needs a drop and if I'm gonna drop it, these sound like a very good way to do it while maintaining a similar ride quality.

I'm sorry for the delay everyone (yes it has been WAY too long). Yes their has been some delays but things are pretty much finalized and I'll make a press release this week.

If the price is reasonable (under $3k), I'd be interested. My tein's are too stiff and getting annoying.
MSRP will be under $3k, I know what you mean ;)

I've been following this thread for a while, but as a new owner I can finally say Yes I'm interested!

Not that I've had time to get bored with the stock suspension yet, but this car desperately needs a drop and if I'm gonna drop it, these sound like a very good way to do it while maintaining a similar ride quality.
According to a Mitsubishi North America representative, they ride better than the new MR stock (equipped on a MR). They are factory equipped on all the Mercedes AMG "Black Edition" cars (CLK63 AMG Black, and the new SL65 AMG Black). You might be able to say 'better' ride quality, many do.

Sorry for the delay, they have been finalized, and we will be taking orders after the press release. Hang in there. :smile:

According to a Mitsubishi North America representative, they ride better than the new MR stock (equipped on a MR). They are factory equipped on all the Mercedes AMG "Black Edition" cars (CLK63 AMG Black, and the new SL65 AMG Black). You might be able to say 'better' ride quality, many do.

Sorry for the delay, they have been finalized, and we will be taking orders after the press release. Hang in there. :smile:

Thanks for the update, stuntman. My S2k friend has experience with this brand and he absolutely loves them.

I looked at KW's North America site, and in their store they actually list the v3's as available for the NSX! At a price point of $2600! Does this mean they're available now? That's a great price if so...

Thanks for the update, stuntman. My S2k friend has experience with this brand and he absolutely loves them.

I looked at KW's North America site, and in their store they actually list the v3's as available for the NSX! At a price point of $2600! Does this mean they're available now? That's a great price if so...
Thanks for letting the cat out of the bag ;) But yes - MSRP is $2,599 for the double adjustable (separate compression and rebound) KW V3 for the NSX.

Due to the economy and other factors, KW is not going to inventory the V3 for the NSX. This is where we are going to come in. So stay tuned!

wow, that's a great price!!! are they heavy at all...? If the $2599 including shipping charges, it'll be the least expensive (i avoid using "cheap") double adj. suspension for the nsx.

Can't wait for the shoot out. Pilot by Billy and maybe other nsx owners.

Thanks for letting the cat out of the bag ;) But yes - MSRP is $2,599 for the double adjustable (separate compression and rebound) KW V3 for the NSX.

Due to the economy and other factors, KW is not going to inventory the V3 for the NSX. This is where we are going to come in. So stay tuned!

Hahaha sorry dude! Didn't mean to ruin the surprise :redface:

But that is great news! For all the good things I've heard about this suspension, that is a really great price. Thanks for heading this up for us!

KW Variant 3 coilover suspension for 1990-2005 Acura NSX

Official KW Variant 3 NSX coilover:
kw_35250022_NSX_coilovers.jpg

KW suspensions announces their Variant 3 stainless steel constructed coilover for the 1990-2005 Acura NSX.

The KW suspensions coilover for the Acura NSX enables the owner to lower their vehicle 20 to 50mm on the front axle and 25mm to 55mm on the rear axle. The coilover suspension retains enough travel to handle maximum load and dynamic loads during driving. Double adjustable rebound and compression damping allows a truly individual performance driving setup for those technically demanding drivers. Compressions damping adjustment is conducted in the low-speed range, while the high-speed set-up, so decisive for driving comfort, has been pre-set by KW engineers.

NSX suspension testing on KW's 7-post (shaker) rig:
KW7-postNSX.jpg

Important characteristics such as safety, quality and performance are all taken into consideration with each KW coilover design. Each vehicle application is specifically designed and engineered for a proper range of motion, min/max weight loads and min/max lowering. All these requirements are met while retaining its performance handling characteristics. Each KW coilover suspension is produced with unique stainless steel “Inox-line” technology. The stainless steel construction internally and externally provides long term durability and corrosion resistance from the elements.

KW suspension testing at the world-famous Nurburgring Nordschleife:

kw_NSX_nurburgring_2008.jpg

All KW coilovers pass stringent German TUV safety and quality testing standards. Each kit is sold TUV approved.

MSRP: $2,599 - Available through KW-backed U.S. NSX race team: "FX Motorsports Development"

IMG_19951.jpg

DSC_0342copy.jpg

Last edited:
spring rates? really ~350?

no external res, no top hats.

adjustable by click or just twist?

$2600. kinda pricey.

i'm disappointed... was looking forward to these. :frown:

spring rates? really ~350?

no external res, no top hats.

adjustable by click or just twist?

$2600. kinda pricey.

i'm disappointed... was looking forward to these. :frown:
Yes the spring rates are 350/350 front/rear. If you take the motion ratio into account, the rear has a higher wheel rate than the front (due to the car's 40/60 weight distribution). These rates were chosen through their extensive testing on the 7post rig to match the NSX's specific ride frequency, roll centers, and chassis dynamics.

The suspension design dictates the true wheel-rates (which is what matters). FYI - a similar control-arm style car: Ford GT KW uses 286/400lb springs (the Ford GT weighs 3,400lbs - a few hundred more than the NSX). Read my earlier posts in regards to grip level - spring rate relationship.

The external reservoir on other KW Variant 3 applications were necessary for more volume in shorter damper applications. None of the adjustments are made on the reservoir on any Variant 3 application. Some BMW, MR2 and other applications have a long enough shock body to not need an external reservoir (like the NSX).

Compression is adjusted on the bottom of the damper by clicks/"sweeps". The rebound is on top and adjusted by clicks.

Last edited:
Back