Kids Day at the Glen?

"Take DocJohn's offer about sharing his cot with him."

If it's that bad, I guess I can sleep in the out house!!

"p.s. and remember, now that he is a married man he is very sensitive - sometimes he just wants to be held............."

Bob,

I thought all you married guys had to become sensitive??

:p

p.s.

For those of us staying for the second day but not doing the track event, we need to get our names added to the guest list of either DocJohn or Peter.

John, if you see this post please add my name as well as Larry's for 7/24 on your guest card.

Anyone else doing both days should make sure you mention it, at the latest, during kids' day or else you will not get track access for the 24th.

Rich:
I'm going to BMW Instructors School at Summit Point, WV on Monday and Tuesday. I'll be driving up to Penn Yan, NY Tuesday evening. DocJohn will be at Watkins Glen since Monday so you'll see him before you see me. I'll stop by the Longhouse or any spot where I NSX's parked as I pass through Watkins Glen.
Larry is currently in Hawaii trimming grass skirts. He'll be back on the 18th or 19th. I plan to stop off and pay him a visit on my way to West Virginia.

OK, Kid's Day is Wed. 7/23

If I can make it I will register with trackmasters. I will probably come up Tuesday and stay through Thursday. What is going on at the track on Thursday? I love Watkins Glen, so any excuse to go there is fine with me.

Thursday is an open track day with trackmasters.I'm pretty sure the school is sold out but you could ask them.If you wish to come by on thursday let me know and I'll add your name to my guest list during wed' kid's day.

I did a few track days at The Glen in my Boxster...

I would be happy just to hang out, no track time required.. If I can come and can get a room at The Glen Motor Inn that's where I would prefer to stay (food and a bar). I stayed at the Long House and it was nice but no food or bar on site is there?

Bob,

Are you sure we need to register if we will only be there for Wednesday (no Thursday track day)? I went to the link you posted, but it only mentions registering your car in the morning. Is there somewhere else on the site I missed?

John

jadkar said:

Are you sure we need to register if we will only be there for Wednesday (no Thursday track day)?

John,

I spoke with Rox at Trackmasters and she was hoping we would all pre-register so that she would have a fairly accurate headcount. The registration that they are talking about at the link I gave you is just the normal "check-in" on the day of the event so that they can confirm you are on the track and get you to sign the waiver.

The charge for Kids' Day is $60 but the website had not accepted registration because of a glitch that she said they were working on. If you cannot register just for the Kids' Day portion on their website, you can email Rox at the link she provides on their site.

Bob

I don't think I will be going to this event cause it is kind of far away, I realy don't think I have a ride over there, and this is a event for kids with problems or something like that and obviously I am nowhere in that kind of category. So it might be rude just to show up and expect to get a ride in a NSX when the event is for other people that are much more needy(sp?). Hopefully when I get a car and a license I will try to meet you guys up in a meet around boston or some place around the northeast.

Re: I'll be there!!

Dennis in SE PA said:
I have my room booked at Longhouse and I emailed Rox about registering. I am coming up Tuesday afternoon and staying until Thursday afternoon.

[email protected]

Glad you could make it. Don't forget to pack a helmet to hitch a ride with one of the open trackers.

Hey Guys:
I want to express my appreciation to all the NSX owners who plan on attending Kid's Day this coming Wednesday July 23rd.
It looks like we may have 10 NSX's showing and I'm gratified by the generous allotment of time you all are dedicating to this event. You are all making the NSX Community look good.
See ya all Wednesday AM.

You are all making the NSX Community look good

Now that's what I'm talkn' about:)

Can't make Kids day at Glenn

all,

Due to family matters I am unable to make the Glen for kids day.

Its been a crazy summer and hope to meet up with you all soon,

best wishes,

Eric Snyder

I am very bummed!!!

Early this morning I started my drive to the Glen. I ran into severe, nasty weather and heard on the radio there was a tornado in Albany, NY, and this severe weather was heading east in my path.

That was enough to discourage a 7 hour drive. If any one is near by the Glenn, I have paid for room number 20 for Tonight and Weds.

Sorry I missed you guys, I was really looking forward to this trip. See you at the Poker Rally.

Rich

Hey Rich,

Sorry to hear. I woke up at 5:00am this morning and all hell was breaking loose in NY State!!!!!!!!!!!!! I heard that 5 homes were destroyed in Greene County due to Tornado.

Very unusual for the East Coast.

I am planning a late afternoon drive today, so hopefully things will calm down. I just hope we can still actually do "Kids Day". I know they all get such a kick out of the event.

See ya on 8/9!!

LarryB

Hey, Toto, we're not in Kansas anymore...............

Sorry you can't make it Rich. Don't worry, though, we will make sure to clean out your mini-bar in the room you already paid for.

Bob

Back