Kids Day at the Glen?

Is anyone going? I am doing my best to take a day off that day.. Hopefully, I won't have any urgent deadlines during that week.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Special Events
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

12th Annual Camp Good Days & Special Times

Mike Francesco‘s “Kids Day”

Sponsored by trackmasters, inc. & Watkins Glen International

(Proceeds from this Event help support the on-going efforts of the Camp Good Days’ staff)

Join the children and families of Camp Good Days & Special Times

Give “race car” rides to the kids, then share pizza & 2003 smiles & hugs with them!

Thursday, July 24th

TOURING LAPS with the KIDS……….$60.00

Drive the children around WGI’s famous long course, then join us for Lunch.

(Must be minimum 18 years old and hold a valid state driver’s license)

GUEST LUNCHES & RIDES……….$15.00/Adult (18 & Over)

(Participants’ children under 18 are free)

Please contact us to make arrangements if you have a special car you’d like to exhibit for photos with the children. Vintage cars and Open-Wheelers have been favorites with the kids for many years.

http://www.trackmasters.com/

Yes I'll be there!

Kids day at Watkins Glen

I plan to attend!!!

I plan on being there too!

I'll also be there.
If there are any NSX owners in the Northeast who would like to
attend it's a very worth while event. Doc John, Gary Summer and I are open track rated drivers so we can take passengers. I'm not speaking for Gary or John, but I will take any NSX owner on the track as a passenger if they want to experience the NSX at speed. Please keep in mind that speed is a relative term.

I will be coming up the night before and have always used the Glen Motor Inn but I have not made any reservations yet. There is a newer motel in the area but I can't recall the name. Let's pick a place so we can all meet.

Bob

The rooms are nothing to rave over but they have been clean and the food has been decent. Plus it is close to town where we have our choice of places to eat/drink.

The Glen is about 165 miles from Albany.

If you want to stay there, I will call to make my reservation now as well.

Bob

Bob,

This place looks fine to me! I will be leaving Amanda at home. From my house to the Glen according to Map Quest,
7 hours plus!!!! If I leave at 4:30 am Ill be there for lunch.

Rich

Don't believe Mapquest. They said 5 hours and 37 minutes for me and I have done it in 3 hours 45 minutes (much to the "criticism" of Peter Mills and Larry B. who have had the "pleasure" of following me).

Bob

I will be comming from near Buffalo NY, is anyone else in this area that plans on going... maybe anyone from Toronto area? I'd like to make the drive with another X ! (or more) ;)

To all of those needing overnight accom,I would suggest logging on to the Glens' website the track lists hotels.I like the Longhhouse manor as its close and well equiped.I too will be happy to take a passenger for some hot lapps but make sure its on an empty stomach!

Last edited:
Thanx Bob O,I know I'm really married now because I'm dazed and confused.I had Lime rock on my mind because we'll be there this Sat.!Any way I edited my post.

RSO 34 said:
Don't believe Mapquest. They said 5 hours and 37 minutes for me and I have done it in 3 hours 45 minutes (much to the "criticism" of Peter Mills and Larry B. who have had the "pleasure" of following me).

Bob

rotfl.gif
rotfl.gif
rotfl.gif
rotfl.gif

I have been notified by Trackmasters, that due to a scheduling error Kid's Day this year will be held on Wednesday July 23rd, not Thursday as previously published.
We, the NSXCA Northeast Region were expecting an outstanding turn out. I hope everyone who was planning of attending can make arrangements to attend on Wednesday. My offer still stands ,as does Doc John's to give any NSX owner who attends Kid's Day a ride in our open track rated cars. Get to feel the NSX at speed on the track that will home for NSXPO 2004.

Back