Jury duty

Interesting day. Following are things I heard that led to dismissal of the people being on a jury. Standard disclaimer apply, use at your own caution, every situation is different.

Lesson #1
"I am a jehovah witness, and my religion believes in being neutral, so my belief prevents me from voting or choosing sides. Therefore, I can not be a juror" Dismissed!

Lesson #2
"I've been harrassed by cops several times in the past, and I do not feel comfortable around or near them" Dismissed!

Lesson #3
"I take care of XYZ facility and I am the only one that's available, no back up to my position. If I serve and had to sit through the trial, the plants will die (insert your own implication/consequence)." Dismissed!

Final Lesson
"I've had many encounters with law enforcement officers through various traffic stops, and have been through several trials testifying against the officers. It is my believe that the cops will always have an advantage given their training, knowledge, and experience in articulating the law to their favor. I do not believe I can remain unbiased toward any officer's testimony." Dismissed!

Final Lesson
"I've had many encounters with law enforcement officers through various traffic stops, and have been through several trials testifying against the officers. It is my believe that the cops will always have an advantage given their training, knowledge, and experience in articulating the law to their favor. I do not believe I can remain unbiased toward any officer's testimony." Dismissed!

I call BS on this one. Everyone knows that cops don't know sh!t about the laws they are suppose to be enforcing.

Try: "He must be guilty or he wouldn't be here." :tongue:

Or: "Of course O.J. was innocent, why do you think he is searching every golf course in the US looking for the "real" killer."

Back