JDM Gathering in SF Japantown, 2/8/09

I spoke with Kris at MACH III and he said they are finalizing the spot to meet at. He is thinking Stonestown Galleria next to SF State on 19th ave at 7:30am, this will allow everyone to complete the form for the show prior to set-up. The MACH III crew will be the first to park and set-up. I will confirm this arrangement with Kris in the next day or two.

Mike

I like this meeting spot much better. It's a safe place and has lots of parking. I think the Safeway parking lot will be packed with cars being that it's just a few blocks away from the event.

WEKFEST.jpg

WEKFEST2.jpg

wekfest_2nd.jpg

wekfestinfo.jpg

wekfest_bottom1.jpg

Last edited:
this is turning into a crazy show. cars overbooked, 6 magazines,...

ugh, i need a last minute mod now. what can i get ordered and installed in a week. haha. :biggrin:

Too late for mods ~ I've all but given up on finding some 18/19" BBS LM's for my car :(

I did add one small touch to my car last week and will have one more trick mod for the in-adequate lighting in the garage.

rick

The dim lighting will actually only make your cars look even nicer if you've got little areas here and there that aren't perfect. One of the reasons I prefer taking out my black nsx in the late afternoons or nights. Any car will look show quality in that dark parking lot.

Maybe someone can lend you a set? How about tinting your windows if you haven't done so already?

Just got a PM from the coordinator. Here is the list he has as of now. If you paid, check to make sure your on this list. If your not, let us know.

Mike C. I don't see your name on here??
Quote from Kris:
"nsxprime.com will be showing with us also."
1 alain T.
2 gene l
3 gil l
4 james u
5 rick ko
6 william l
7 thanh d
8 chuck b
9 danny y
10 richard w
11 gene w
12 nalesh c
13 mike r
14 calvin d
15 rob q
16 ray h
17 carl s
18 arron s
18)
19)Dan N
20)Roger 91 NSX

Last edited:
Yeah, I just spoke with Kris and the reason why my name is not on the list is due to my paypal payment was declined.

1 alain T.
2 gene l
3 gil l
4 james u
5 rick ko
6 william l
7 thanh d
8 chuck b
9 danny y
10 richard w
11 gene w
12 nalesh c
13 mike r
14 calvin d
15 rob q
16 ray h
17 carl s
18 arron s
18)gabe t
19)Dan N
20)Roger 91 NSX

j/k.... I volunteered to be removed from the list to let another NSX owner show their NSX.

Mike

Yeah, I just spoke with Kris and the reason why my name is not on the list is due to my paypal payment was declined.

j/k.... I volunteered to be removed from the list to let another NSX owner show their NSX.

Mike

WTF?? The nicest NSX in the Bay Area isn't going to be at the show??? :mad:

Mike

WTF? Now when am I supposed to drive your car to check out that suspension?

WTF?? The nicest NSX in the Bay Area isn't going to be at the show??? :mad:

Roger, I keep telling you: 2nd nicest! :biggrin:

J

Since I didn't go to this event last year, I've heard that cars needed to stay until the end of the event? If so, what time is it over?

Just imagine a parking garage filled with 400+ cars, and maybe 1000's more spectators walking around :biggrin:

THERE IS NO WAY YOU CAN LEAVE THE SHOW EARLY UNLESS YOU WANT TO RUN EVERYONE OVER.

The show is over around 5'ish so plan to stay there till that time. Plenty to do for a few hours if you don't want to stay in the garage. I plan on having a nice lunch and doing some shopping since I technically paid for the parking...haha

rk

Since I didn't go to this event last year, I've heard that cars needed to stay until the end of the event? If so, what time is it over?

Last year from the 6 or 7 NSXs there, we managed to escape about 5:15 or so, as everyone headed down to the awards ceremony and since we were just a few yards from the entrance we didn't run over to many spectators.The promoters really get pissed if they see anyone trying to cut out. Guess you can't blame them. Rick (4play) is right, there is no way out if you want to leave earlier. If you guys are parked far away from the entrance you maybe in for the duration. However if you are not one of first few cars out better plan on an extended stay cause it's a free for all. Thats what happened to us the year before with our 300ZX. In which case don't forget to hold your breath!
If this is your first time to this, I have to admit, it's wild and you will either love it or maybe not but it is definitely an experience.

What ever time you get out it could be dark so WATCH OUT for the CRAZIES and the COPS on the surface streets, their everywhere looking for fancy prey!

HAVE FUN NSX GUYS AND BE SAFE!:smile:

Last edited:
Thanks, I just got the full page of FAQ's, rules and regulations for participants.

BTW: I spoke to Kris (event coordinator) today and the staging area and check-in will be at Tower Records / Stonestown Galleria Shopping Center at 7:00 a.m:eek: just for our group and not the Safeway parking lot as mentioned on the wekfest confirmation email. At this stop, we will receive our registration packet and parking pass from Kris and drive directly to the show .

If you can't make this event, please let us know as there are 200+ cars on the waiting list.

Last edited:
Thanks, I just got the full page of FAQ's, rules and regulations for participants.

BTW: I spoke to Kris (event coordinator) today and the staging area and check-in will be at Tower Records / Stonestown Galleria Shopping Center at 7:00 a.m:eek: just for our group and not the Safeway parking lot as mentioned on the wekfest confirmation email. At this stop, we will receive our registration packet and parking pass from Kris and drive directly to the show .

Ouch! 7am? It's about a 2hr drive for us Sacramento guys. Leaving here at 5am and staying until after 5pm doesn't sound so appealing. Hmmm.....decisions, decisions.

Nalesh...

I feel your pain...

I am not going to drive my car over and I only live a few blocks away. I was planning to walk over to meet some of you guys that I haven't met in the past. However if you have a two hour drive over, have to be there until 5:00 pm and then a two hour drive back, I understand your reservations.

If you do make it over, looking forward to meeting you in person.

I'll be the guy without a car, a red rose in my lapel and a duck on my shoulder.:biggrin: I might have Slamstorm (Alan) with me if he comes over and parks in my garage. He is extremely strange looking so you'll recognize him right off.:biggrin:

Doug

Ouch! 7am? It's about a 2hr drive for us Sacramento guys. Leaving here at 5am and staying until after 5pm doesn't sound so appealing. Hmmm.....decisions, decisions.

Nalesh,

I spoke with Kris regarding the Sacramento crew to see if they will allow you guys to arrive a little later. I will let you know as soon as I hear from Kris.

Mike

Greetings everyone. Something had came up, my girlfriend dad just gotten really sick and might pass away sometime really soon:frown:. I waited all year to attend this show, but can hold it off for something that is more important in my life. I will have to stay back to support my girlfriend.

I am offering my spot for free to any NSXer out there in our community that is interested in displaying there car along with the rest of the NSX crew. If interested..please let me know!

Thanks,

Thanh

Greetings everyone. Something had came up, my girlfriend dad just gotten really sick and might pass away sometime really soon:frown:. I waited all year to attend this show, but can hold it off for something that is more important in my life. I will have to stay back to support my girlfriend.

I am offering my spot for free to any NSXer out there in our community that is interested in displaying there car along with the rest of the NSX crew. If interested..please let me know!

Thanks,

Thanh

Thanh,

I'm sorry to hear about your girlfriends father. I hope he gets better.

I'll take your spot.

Thanks,

Mike

Last edited:
So just when I decided to visit SF to get out of his rain hole (Seattle), SF decides to rain on that weekend (7th&8th). WTF? :mad:
Might as well stay home?

It's all my fault...

the day I picked-up my car - raining buckets:mad:
a week later back to dealer for warranty work - raining buckets:mad:
go to pick it up from dealer - raining buckets:mad:
went to event in Vallejo last year - raining buckets:mad:

attend JDM event in Japantown - raining of course.

ps I not complaining this time (I like flushing the toilet)

XO-NSX - sorry to hear, hope for the best:smile:

Back