• ***AVOID MARKETPLACE SCAMS!!***

Scammers are using compromised Prime member accounts to pose as a trusted seller in the marketplace. Before you enter into a deal with any seller, follow these tips to keep yourself safe. If you encounter one of these scammers, please report them immediately and we will lock their account.

Caveat Emptor!

Introducing the Acura NSX DIY LED Taillight Kit

Status
Not open for further replies.
What would happen if the resistors were wrapped in an insulation so that the heat they give off would not be allowed to radiate as much, then they could just be placed in the pockets where the old bulbs resided ?
They would blow up. Resistors turn electrical energy into heat (ala the conservation of energy), and that heat has to be dissipated. A better solution would be to design some large copper heat sinks that would still transmit heat but be cool enough not to melt anything.

I sure hope it doesn't damage anything!
a whole lot of information can be found on this thread, I hope it helps!

http://www.nsxprime.com/forums/showthread.php?t=19896

please let us know if I am advocating something damaging! that is the furthest from my intention!

Hummm I hope people aren't doubting Chris product it works and looks awesome. Nope nothing has been damaged, and to help clarify just make sure you install the resistors in a location that will not melt anything i.e Do not tie wrap to anything like a harness or plastic.

I've got mine mounted tucked in the sides of the trunk & used some better tie wraps they won't melt. I guess if you mounted them to copper or some kind of metal heat sink it would help bleed off the heat. The heat produced would probably be very close to the original OEM bulbs would give off. Mine have been in the car for months now no harm no foul... so far I can tell you Chris has a solid design! You guys won't be disappointed with them. :biggrin:

Low Quality Pics from my Cell Phone:
d31f9e016cdfb4eea05cdf40c1e5601e4g.jpg
982a41bec8ac0d9a08eefa4597455de34g.jpg
2b91dc5c0c1e99847d8c3204d50f14ce4g.jpg
e6e89cf06f22e165c58963ff271ef0154g.jpg
fc78a8aecd98d5e501a595e55e97684b4g.jpg
1fcc5eea4b22e62c86a4f5ff3d7d4f404g.jpg

Last edited:
Confirmed.

Gound white line with green strip... works like a charm.

Cut off the load resistors... cap off the tips with tape.

Lights still work.. and no nag light on dash.

Thanks I will give this a try on the '00 and let you guys know if it works. Car is in hibernation for the winter won't know till spring time.

Man I love LEDs! I've been getting jealous of all you guys with LED tails, I decided to make some for my own ride. :smile:

Pics to come later, probably in Off Topic.

Last edited:
Man I love LEDs! I've been getting jealous of all you guys with LED tails, I decided to make some for my own ride. :smile:

Please start on your own LED after you have completed mine. :tongue:

LOL. I've been working on my LED tails for almost a year, never got them done because I was making everyone else LED tails.

Anyways, I made your reverse lights yesterday, trying to finish the rest of your stuff in a couple days, hoping to send out before or on Monday.

Have a happy new year!
Please start on your own LED after you have completed mine. :tongue:

<input id="gwProxy" type="hidden"><!--Session data--><input onclick="jsCall();" id="jsProxy" type="hidden">

What kind of car is it your making LEDs tails for?

Here is the new updated order list:

1. Hugh
2. SMYLDOC
3. doc_tai
4. Ashik
5. HGL1668
6. Sze Chi
7. 99blueNSX
8. gar123
9. NXTIMEE
10. HIJACKER
11. SOURCENSX
12. nakaza

<input id="gwProxy" type="hidden"><!--Session data--><input onclick="jsCall();" id="jsProxy" type="hidden">

I've installed my lights now and the result is nothing but amazing.

Big thanks to apkarian for making the product and helping me with the installation (I had a euro car, so some wires was different from US model). You made the installation a joy!

The sense of archivement after its all done is great:biggrin::biggrin:

Alright everyone, I'll take orders for the next 2 people who want LED taillight kits. PM me if you are interested.

Thank You

Here is an updated list of orders:

1. Sze Chi
2. HIJACKER
3. Ashik
4. HGL1668
5. 99blueNSX
6. gar123
7. NXTIMEE
8. SOURCENSX
9. nakaza
10. Cantrell Concepts

Still waiting for my spares.
Trev
Patient, but waiting!

The price didn't go up, the red/orange LEDs are no longer available. I can only supply the pure red LEDs.

I asked this before but still don't really know the answer. Whats wrong with white LED's? why are we doing colors? Whats the difference between orange/red and pure red?

The white LEDs are not suitable for parking/brake lights because they are not rated as high the red LEDs produced.

The difference between the red/orange and the pure red leds was the perception to the human eye. The red/orange LEDs appeared brighter than the red LEDs did because of their slight hue change.

The red/orange LEDs are not readily available as the pure red LEDs are now. For the past 5-10 conversion kits, I have only used the pure red LEDs.
I asked this before but still don't really know the answer. Whats wrong with white LED's? why are we doing colors? Whats the difference between orange/red and pure red?

The white LEDs are not suitable for parking/brake lights because they are not rated as high the red LEDs produced.

The difference between the red/orange and the pure red leds was the perception to the human eye. The red/orange LEDs appeared brighter than the red LEDs did because of their slight hue change.

The red/orange LEDs are not readily available as the pure red LEDs are now. For the past 5-10 conversion kits, I have only used the pure red LEDs.

Aren't you turning them down from maximum brightness?

I am turning them down. Just to give you an example, the red LEDs are rated at 70mA and i only run them at 15mA. The white LEDs are only rated at 30mA. I am comfortable running the white LEDs as the reverse lights because they aren't on as long as the parking/brake lights. I didn't want to compromise the longevity of the parking/brake lights LEDs by running a lesser rated LED.
Aren't you turning them down from maximum brightness?

I'll take the next 2 orders for anyone that is interested. Send me a PM!

Thank You

I'll take the next 2 orders for anyone that is interested. Send me a PM!

Thank You

Does this mean the last two you were just working on are finished and shipped out?? If so - I'm VERY excited! :biggrin:

Could you PM me tracking info. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back