Imola For Sale

I know the owner of this car. His kids go to the same school as mine. Very clean and in excellent condition. However, I'm not a fan of the orange interior. He's a great guy, too bad he's selling it.

Just saw the car an hour ago. Rims looks great for chrome. Pretty car.

Mongoose, did you digest this thread at all? Mongoose in the wild pretty much devour everything.
Albeit that you need to do your own homework.

People, people! Who's really reading these threads anyway. A number of people have chimed in and said they just saw the car and it's perfect! What else do you want? A deal like this doesn't come around very often if ever. I spent nearly a year looking for my Imola Orange NSX and it was luck I found it the day I did! There was another San Diegan that was interested but didn't put down a deposit, so I did that day! Believe me, once you have an Orange you'll be very happy. The rarity speaks for itself.

People, people! Who's really reading these threads anyway. A number of people have chimed in and said they just saw the car and it's perfect! What else do you want? A deal like this doesn't come around very often if ever. I spent nearly a year looking for my Imola Orange NSX and it was luck I found it the day I did! There was another San Diegan that was interested but didn't put down a deposit, so I did that day! Believe me, once you have an Orange you'll be very happy. The rarity speaks for itself.

If I had another $15,000 kickin' around and the economy was a bit better this one would have been coming to Canada..!

Stacy

the devil inside of me is saying "just use your line of credit for another one"...

Dang it! Why o why are Imola's so beautiful.

Look someone buy this Imola and sell me the Supercharger and wheels. I'll give you $8k for both straight up. Then you'll have bought the car for a rediculous price of $49k...

the devil inside of me is saying "just use your line of credit for another one"...

Dang it! Why o why are Imola's so beautiful.

Look someone buy this Imola and sell me the Supercharger and wheels. I'll give you $8k for both straight up. Then you'll have bought the car for a rediculous price of $49k...

Hey Jet,

I have a better idea. I will swap mine and take yours with $8K. Then I don't have to spend the money for labor to take them out:biggrin:

Hey Jet,

I have a better idea. I will swap mine and take yours with $8K. Then I don't have to spend the money for labor to take them out:biggrin:

haha...then there's the logistical task of swapping cars...plus $ to transport.

The person who picks this Imola up could easily look at getting the car for less than $45k if they remove and sell the aftermarket stuff:

SC = $7-8k
Wheels -$2k
Suspension = $1k

the devil inside of me is saying "I can't wait to see Iron Maiden on Feb 13th in Dubai at The Media City Amphitheatre"...

You going Jet? More info here, or at ironmaiden.com. In any case, get some shots of Ed Force One at Dubai's airport.

Last edited:
As a owner of 2 Imola/Imola NSXs I must add that everyone has there own taste in cars and people should respect those tastes even if it's not there own! I simply love the color combo of my car. If I didn't I wouldn't have bought 2! I hate black interiors, but don't go around telling everyone how boring and bland they are.
This car is a heck of a deal! I would snatch it up if I didn't already have one.
When there is a group of NSXs there are never any Imolas in the group so if you want to stand out, this is your color. If you want to be like everyone else get a red, black or whatever color to blend right in.

Half your garage is also part of my dream garage. Hah.

I agree though, I would go with this too if i could, unfortunately school and this economy have me down and with having sent dad back home to his parents, i couldn't do it...

Plus i'm only 21, even if i could nab the car, i would not be able to afford insurance.

Plus i'm only 21, even if i could nab the car, i would not be able to afford insurance.

Register the car to an older relative. I grew up in NYC. I had exotics from the time I was 21. They weren't in my name till I was 30. Screw the insurance companies. You're still fully covered since you're driving with the owner's permission. (Hopefully) :)

Mongoose, did you digest this thread at all? Mongoose in the wild pretty much devour everything.
Albeit that you need to do your own homework.

Thanks, i've been reading this thread from the very begining. it's just that NSX GT seems to have had prior experience with the seller. I'm not trying to imply that his word is biased, but i guess i was wondering if any other potential buyers have physically looked at the car since there seems to be so much interest. i should have been more specific in my post :cool:

Thanks, i've been reading this thread from the very begining. it's just that NSX GT seems to have had prior experience with the seller. I'm not trying to imply that his word is biased, but i guess i was wondering if any other potential buyers have physically looked at the car since there seems to be so much interest. i should have been more specific in my post :cool:

If Gabe (NSX GT) says the car is in excellent condition, I would take his word for it. However, I would never buy a car without some sort of visual and/or mechanical inspection.

Last edited:
The only question I have is what happened to the front emblem?

Re: solid value...

From those who have spoken to the seller, is the asking-price 'firm' / 'O.B.O.'?

Did the seller provide a precise list of mods' (ie. exhaust-type, after-market headers, air-box swap, wheel-sizes, tire-brand, etc'), if original parts/components are available, as well as any maint'/service history?

(I've contacted the seller, but not heard back... hence why I ask)

I'm trying to get the ol' man to make a move on this, he likes vibrant colors & NSX'es... :D

I made him a decent offer three days ago. Very minimal off of his asking price and he is stuck around the 57 mark for the car... Very good price but not within my reach at this second. Nice guy.. Took two days for him to reply to my inquiry..

Good luck everyone.

I think people bag the orange interior because they haven't seen it. In person the orange/orange combo is badass!

That car's a steal for what it is! But considering the way the economy is going, I'm sure we'll see more and more at this price and even lower IMO. Go See what's going on with the whole exotic car market! 911s, AMGs, Gallardos, LPs, etc...

so hard to resist...

My email/message via AutoTrader.com to the seller:
Very nice NSX-T! Can you please list exact mods' on the NSX (wheel-sizes, headers, exhaust, airbox, tire-type, etc') & email me back. Do you have the original parts too? Also are you firm on the price or accepting fair/reasonable offers? Regards! -O'
I got a reply earlier today from the seller:
Thanks for your interest,

The wheels are HRE's staggered, 285/30ZR19 rear, 225/35R18 front, the mods are in the description except a front brace that I didn't put in the description, stock exhaust and headers, since I didn't do and mods to the engine it was not cost worthy to change the headers and exhaust. Comptech advise me that it cost to much compare to the horsepower. I do have original parts along with the stock rims and tires which are practically new. I ordered the HRE's as soon as I got the car. Never been in rain, snow, always garaged, 1 owner, non smoker, carpet is as new, no shoes has ever touched them, I put vinyl mats down since day 1. The price is very fair, I'm sure you have done your comparisons and found this to be true, in fact I priced it lower than others that don't have the quality, mods, or rarity.

Thanks agian!
I'm usually reluctant to say the following, but in this situation I truly mean it: this NSX as-is seems to be a very solid value @ the asking-price. A P.P.I. w/ leakdown/compression-test (the latter as a formality due to F.I. setup), and that's that.

Approx' ~$15k+ of bolt-on mods' can be removed & easily sold A.S.A.P. going by current market-value...

- CTSC: ~$8.5k+
- CT strut-brace: ~$250+
- Cantrell A.I.S.: ~$250
- LoJack: ~$250+
- Tein Flex: ~$750+
- 18/19 HRE 547 rims-tires: ~$3.5k+
- OEM 02'+ 17/17 rims-tires: ~$1.5k+

... therefore making the net acquisition price ~$42k (going by ~$57k selling price) while still having a high-performance clutch/flywheel & other minor odds & ends (CT short-shift, iPod integration, etc'). Much higher mileage bone-stock '02+ models can be acquired for high $40k's, generally not Imola Orange Pearl offerings though.

Just food-for-thought. . .

Last edited:
Re: so hard to resist...

My email/message via AutoTrader.com to the seller:

I got a reply earlier today from the seller:
I'm usually reluctant to say the following, but in this situation I truly mean it: this NSX as-is seems to be a very solid value @ the asking-price. A P.P.I. w/ leakdown/compression-test (the latter as a formality due to F.I. setup), and that's that.

Approx' ~$15k+ of bolt-on mods' can be removed & easily sold A.S.A.P. going by current market-value...

- CTSC: ~$8.5k+
- CT strut-brace: ~$250+
- Cantrell A.I.S.: ~$250
- LoJack: ~$250+
- Tein Flex: ~$750+
- 18/19 HRE 547 rims-tires: ~$3.5k+
- OEM 02'+ 17/17 rims-tires: ~$1.5k+

... therefore making the net acquisition price ~$42k (going by ~$57k selling price) while still having a high-performance clutch/flywheel & other minor odds & ends (CT short-shift, iPod integration, etc'). Much higher mileage bone-stock '02+ models can be acquired for high $40k's, generally not Imola Orange Pearl offerings though.

Just food-for-thought. . .

I agree. The price on his car is very fair. It's like getting the mods for free.

If I had another $15,000 kickin' around and the economy was a bit better this one would have been coming to Canada..!

Stacy

+1 now especially with Hugh's idea...haha.

Jeeps, Erik B is out for this one - we tried so hard to shoehorn him in - absolutely would have put Cheyenne, Wyoming on its ear!
This thread is yet another fine example of why NSX Prime rocks. Is there another Primer on the prowl?

You should see the looks I get in a Yellow car with Red Volks on it...an Orange car would have been badass!!

Thanks tho you guys do rock. It's gonna happen tho! I'll have one soon enough!

I can't believe this car isn't sold already. But then again, I can't believe Modernceo's CTSC'd 02 NFR didn't sell at $51k either.

Damn economy

talk about an absolutely beautiful NSX.

i know this one is a little controversial, but i think its perfect. now wheres that 57k i had laying around?

I think all of us should remember that when buying a NSX especially a FI one the Pre-Purchase Inspection from a dealer is imparative. That way one could buy such a car with the added confidence of knowing the car is in tip top shape.

If this car checks out it could be a fantastic dealio!

Last edited:
Guys-don't lose too much sleep over this one. The economy is in the hole, homes are selling below replacement costs, and even saw a '05 F430 selling for only $139K. Temptations are certainly hard to resist...

With that said, someone please buy this car so we can all continue on with our lives.

Back