Imola For Sale

Yeah I never got into the orange body and orange interior thing but I do like the yellow and yellow one and I still love chrome I cant seem to say no to chrome lol

What makes you think that the Comptech supercharger is an "engine killer" unless it was "properly modified to accept boost." Do you have some sort of data base of destroyed blocks due to the CTSC? Please clarify what this means rather then posting such ignorant comments. The CTSC is arguablly one of the most reliable FI setups available, even warrantied by plenty of Acura dealerships out there.

I wouldn't touch it because of that Comptech engine killing supercharger. Unless of course the motor was properly modified to accept boost.

I'm inquiring about the car as we speak :)

Do it!!! Like I said this is a killer deal for what you are getting. I paid over $60k for mine with 9k miles last year with NONE of these mods. But mines the rarest Imola you can get...

I'll go and cry in the corner now...:redface:

Not at all. I stand by my opinion that adding boost to an unmodified NSX motor is harmful to its health.

OK, so don't modify:wink:

However don't discourage other owners with unsubstantiated remarks:rolleyes:

I love all my forced induction cars (2 of them NA modified with aftermarket blowers).
Yes, when tuning aftermarket forced induction kits to the edge, wanting the absolute max preformance, I agree that engine life will certainly be compromised.
However, when having some self restraint and keeping max boost under 8 psi on a standard engine, I have no reservations on durability, providing all is installed, tuned and maintained by a person who knows what he is doiing.........
In my case, ME :smile:

Last edited:
Agree w/you Jet - gonna be "well-bought" for someone (hopefully a Primer!). I love the seller's "Immaculant rare 2003 NSX-T" :redface: Offer less, w/a Webster's dictionary thrown in.
Interior appears really clean. Wonder why the owner "de-badged" the front end but left the Acura badge on the rear? Negative on the wheels.

I'll have to give some aspects a thumbs up and some down. The orange interior is gross, sorry Honda but it is. Does not even come close to matching the hue in the paint. Other than that, the CTSC, the damn sweet HRE's (same as Dad's :wink:) and the other mods make it a sweet car. The price ain't too shabby either.......

Well I got a very fast reply from the owner. I have had VERY rude sellers but he was very nice about it.

He stated taking off the mods woul dcost him money and thanks for the intrest.

I replyed yet again with what about taking off the wheels at least and coming down just a bit. I got my fingers crossed!!!! I really want it with the mods it has done because its what i want to do to my NSX sooner or later. As much as I love those wheels...I would sell them if I bought it with them on there. I want to give it MY personal touch...plus the wheels I have in mind for my future NSX will be pretty spiffy. lol

I'll keep yall posted. But it does look like a great deal!

Oh, something else...he says he's the 2nd owner of the car. He said the car shows up on CARFAX with him as the 3rd owner because he had it leased and then bought it? Sound right to you guys? Alum04org, very good point on the badges. Didnt notice at 1st.

Too bad I already have 2 NSX, red '98 CTSC to keep and silver '98 for sale for quite some time but as it is such a unknown car here in Europe, no serious interested buyers yet.:redface:

If I didn't, I would probably jump at this Imola car with it's mods (similar to what I have on my '98 CTSC).
If you are seriously interested, why make a point of the wheels.
Try to make a killer deal on the car and sell the wheels on, paenuts compared to the total investment.

Makes no sense to me to hesitate on such a nice car (if it really turns out to be as good as stated) just because you don't like the wheels :confused::frown:

The car is priced to sell imho. If you really want this car, hopefully your offer was realistic. Take the car as-is, and sell the HRE's on Prime. You can easily get 2-2.5k for that setup. With that said, the car around 55k is an absolute steal. If I already didn't have my Imola, this deal would have been over.

Of course, this is all pending a positive PPI. :)

Well I got a very fast reply from the owner. I have had VERY rude sellers but he was very nice about it.

I replyed yet again with what about taking off the wheels at least and coming down just a bit. I got my fingers crossed!!!! I really want it with the mods it has done because its what i want to do to my NSX sooner or later. As much as I love those wheels...I would sell them if I bought it with them on there. I want to give it MY personal touch...plus the wheels I have in mind for my future NSX will be pretty spiffy. lol

Oh, something else...he says he's the 2nd owner of the car. He said the car shows up on CARFAX with him as the 3rd owner because he had it leased and then bought it? Sound right to you guys? Alum04org, very good point on the badges. Didnt notice at 1st.

As a owner of 2 Imola/Imola NSXs I must add that everyone has there own taste in cars and people should respect those tastes even if it's not there own! I simply love the color combo of my car. If I didn't I wouldn't have bought 2! I hate black interiors, but don't go around telling everyone how boring and bland they are.
This car is a heck of a deal! I would snatch it up if I didn't already have one.
When there is a group of NSXs there are never any Imolas in the group so if you want to stand out, this is your color. If you want to be like everyone else get a red, black or whatever color to blend right in.

Pending a PPI, take the car as is. Don't be one of those guys who misses out on an amazing deal over 1-2k dollars. Either you have $60k or you don't. Like others have said, you can easily unload those wheels on Prime.

The seller told me that he's the original owner. He leased it, then bought it off lease. He sent me the carfax which shows that as well.

I think that's a great deal for what's on that car. As long as there hasn't been any paint/body work done (where's the front badge?) I think someone is going to be very happy.

Throw a set of black seats in there and the interior imo gets 100% better. Simple fix if you don't like all the orange.

As far as "how rare" etc etc... honestly, no one is going to care except other NSX geeks. Don't let it get to your head. Either you like the color or you don't.

IMO Imola Orange is pretty amazing and needs to be seen in person.

If you're scared of the boosted engine Hugh, sell the SC for $10k and buy a used unboosted 3.2l for $10k. (you even have an extra slightly used engine to sell to round out my fuzzy math) There, problem solved. :rolleyes:

Last edited:
As a owner of 2 Imola/Imola NSXs I must add that everyone has there own taste in cars and people should respect those tastes even if it's not there own! I simply love the color combo of my car. If I didn't I wouldn't have bought 2! I hate black interiors, but don't go around telling everyone how boring and bland they are.
This car is a heck of a deal! I would snatch it up if I didn't already have one.
When there is a group of NSXs there are never any Imolas in the group so if you want to stand out, this is your color. If you want to be like everyone else get a red, black or whatever color to blend right in.

I totally agree. I'd get this if I didnt have one already.

No guys i think u took what i said wrong. I LOVE the wheels...Im not, not picking this car up because of the wheels on it. That would be the dumbest thing ever.

I was wanting him to take the wheels offer and consider a lower offer. Thats all...not saying the price is to high...but for my 4th car, Im not looking to spend 60g's on it. Thats all...i love the car

solid value...

From those who have spoken to the seller, is the asking-price 'firm' / 'O.B.O.'?

Did the seller provide a precise list of mods' (ie. exhaust-type, after-market headers, air-box swap, wheel-sizes, tire-brand, etc'), if original parts/components are available, as well as any maint'/service history?

(I've contacted the seller, but not heard back... hence why I ask)

I'm trying to get the ol' man to make a move on this, he likes vibrant colors & NSX'es... :D

Last edited:
How much do you wish to spend? Not sure how much lower this seller will go, considering the car is priced very reasonably.

No guys i think u took what i said wrong. I LOVE the wheels...Im not, not picking this car up because of the wheels on it. That would be the dumbest thing ever.

I was wanting him to take the wheels offer and consider a lower offer. Thats all...not saying the price is to high...but for my 4th car, Im not looking to spend 60g's on it. Thats all...i love the car

I still have to add taxes, title, traveling to pick it up, registration, etc. etc. That puts me at close to 65k for it. WAY outta reach for me.

I didnt ask for a lower price then what he is asking for with what the car has done to it. I asked him if he could remove some of the stuff so the price would be more flexable. He didnt want to do it. So I will press on.

I still have to add taxes, title, traveling to pick it up, registration, etc. etc. That puts me at close to 65k for it. WAY outta reach for me.

I didnt ask for a lower price then what he is asking for with what the car has done to it. I asked him if he could remove some of the stuff so the price would be more flexable. He didnt want to do it. So I will press on.

Jeeps, Erik B is out for this one - we tried so hard to shoehorn him in - absolutely would have put Cheyenne, Wyoming on its ear!
This thread is yet another fine example of why NSX Prime rocks. Is there another Primer on the prowl?

Back