If and When to Start Driving Your NSX as an Investment

Your assumption is correct. Some owners do not "daily drive" their NSX, they have other vehicle(s) that they use on a daily basis.

I'm a good case for this - during my entire ownership of my NSX, I have always had 2 other vehicles (and an occasional motorcycle) to drive. So all of my vehicles have low mileage for their age. While the NSX is my favorite, I also have found pleasure in driving the S2000's, MR2, C4 Corvette, 914, the Highlander for fam trips, and now the Boxster. So my 01 NSX only has 13k miles on it - I'm not trying to "save it", but simply enjoy it when I drive it - not worried about what it might be worth now or anytime in the future.

So you're basically saying you'd trade away the joy and enjoyment of the your last 9k miles for money? Life's too short :)

As always, depends on how much money we are talking about....:smile:

Advise to owners of 40-60K (mileage) NSXs who like to drive...

Enjoy the car. Take good care of it. Keep the mileage under 80K if you expect a good return when you eventually let it go. Meanwhile, take care of the paint. Acura clearcoat is very soft so don't over-detail it. Do the maintenance...ALL the maintenance...as scheduled in terms of both mileage and years. And keep it original, or at least hold on to original parts that you "upgrade". Oh, and don't forget to ENJOY THE CAR.

Never bought mine for a financial investment and do not understand people who do, I bought it to drive it, it will be worth what its worth when its time to sell which wont be when I'm around

Man I get people asking me about this all the time. I don't have anything to say other than "What would I buy if I were to sell this car?" No one can ever come up with anything even remotely as special as the NSX even for five times the cost of what I would sell mine for.

There aren't any more NSXs being made (Ahem, hearing me Acura?) and these cars were never meant to sit unloved in their owner's garages or warehouses like their itailian counterparts. Mr. Honda coined them "the everyday man's supercar" the everyday man needs to unwind from the day to day...Go for a drive and tell me those miles aren't worth every penny you "would" get if it was just garage jewelry.

Man I get people asking me about this all the time. I don't have anything to say other than "What would I buy if I were to sell this car?" No one can ever come up with anything even remotely as special as the NSX even for five times the cost of what I would sell mine for.

There aren't any more NSXs being made (Ahem, hearing me Acura?) and these cars were never meant to sit unloved in their owner's garages or warehouses like their itailian counterparts. Mr. Honda coined them "the everyday man's supercar" the everyday man needs to unwind from the day to day...Go for a drive and tell me those miles aren't worth every penny you "would" get if it was just garage jewelry.
have u tried an S2000, different beast but lots of fun, puts a smile on my face everytime I drive mine. hehe

have u tried an S2000, different beast but lots of fun, puts a smile on my face everytime I drive mine. hehe
I have driven an AP1, AP2 and a CR. To be honest I ALMOST bought a CR instead of the NSX, but in retrospect I am glad that I didn't. The S2000 (in AP1 and CR trim) are phenomenal cars, but they aren't special like the NSX (IMHO) while nice, fun and quick. I much prefer my NSX to an S. The driving sensation and MR layout are just the tip of the iceberg of reasons why I love my NSX

I have driven an AP1, AP2 and a CR. To be honest I ALMOST bought a CR instead of the NSX, but in retrospect I am glad that I didn't. The S2000 (in AP1 and CR trim) are phenomenal cars, but they aren't special like the NSX (IMHO) while nice, fun and quick. I much prefer my NSX to an S. The driving sensation and MR layout are just the tip of the iceberg of reasons why I love my NSX
Wow I don't know what to say, i'm speechless, i didn't know someone could like a car so much!

My old man cut this out of the local newspaper for me and I thought it was relevant. Looks like Hagerty tracks their traffic... Anyone here? :smile:

Interesting article, I finally just dropped Hagerty. Great service but the prices are insane. Switched to State Farm, they have a collector car program too.

Back