• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Ideas for a summer get together?

Vex

Contributing Member
We should try to schedule some kind of summer get together. Maybe a BBQ or something. I know it's getting hot, but we live in AZ, we should be used to it. Any ideas? Maybe we can get some good participation if we project it a few weeks out. July sometime, maybe?

WHAT? There was nothing innappropriate with your Avatar! It was just an example of a very attractive girl who probably just drank a slurpee or came out of a cold room!

LOL I can't dude. They already deleted my avatar twice and notified me I need to use a more modest avatar.

The words are staying over the "pointies". :biggrin: :frown:

Sedona, Mt. Lemmon, or someother place upstate sounds great. My parent will be in town for the next few weeks...they would LOVE to see more of AZ and some NSXs.

Sedona or Jerome sounds good to me.

Sedona or Jerome sounds good to me.

Here's a thought...

Run Carefree to Wickenberg, gas up, 89A up Yarnell Hill to Prescott, Check out sights and photo ops, lunch, run Jerome to Sedona, see the sights, more photo ops, grab dinner, run up Oak Creek Canyon to Flagstaff, stay the night, breakfast, run south on 17 to 260 to Camp Verde / Strawberry / Pine to Payson, lunch, run 87 south back to Phoenix. (or 17 south and grab a pie at Black Canyon and then back to the valley.

Have done it several times on the bike and its a fun drive with plenty of twisties.
it can be done in one day if you leave early

-RW

I'd be down for something, but a drive up to Flagstaff would be a really long day for us Tucsonans. I don't know if any of you have done it, but a good compromise might be for all of us to meet in Globe and take U.S. 60 into Show Low and back. It's a super twisty road that has a pretty awesome canyon that you go down into and back out of.

Just a suggestion?

I'd be down for something, but a drive up to Flagstaff would be a really long day for us Tucsonans. I don't know if any of you have done it, but a good compromise might be for all of us to meet in Globe and take U.S. 60 into Show Low and back. It's a super twisty road that has a pretty awesome canyon that you go down into and back out of.

Just a suggestion?

if 666 ( 191 ) wasn't in the Wallow fire zone, lets run Phoenix to Clifton then Devil's highway past the Meadows up to Eager then Show Low across 260 to Payson and back to PHX. "The Eastern Big Loop"
More twisties than you could ever want in one day, and its a very full day around 550 miles and a helluva lot of serious driving. Not sure what the Wallow fire has left for anyone in the scenery department.

Or cut it in half and run to Globe for breakfast and then up 77 thru the twisties to Show Low then 260 to Payson and 87 back to Phoenix
(beware of DPS officers on 77 north of Globe, some regulars up that way)

if 666 ( 191 ) wasn't in the Wallow fire zone, lets run Phoenix to Clifton then Devil's highway past the Meadows up to Eager then Show Low across 260 to Payson and back to PHX. "The Eastern Big Loop"
More twisties than you could ever want in one day, and its a very full day around 550 miles and a helluva lot of serious driving. Not sure what the Wallow fire has left for anyone in the scenery department.

Or cut it in half and run to Globe for breakfast and then up 77 thru the twisties to Show Low then 260 to Payson and 87 back to Phoenix
(beware of DPS officers on 77 north of Globe, some regulars up that way)

I vote for either this, or Viper Driver's idea. We Tucson area folks are going to have a long drive either way...then add an hour to that for me(Sierra Vista). Lets set this thing up!!!! I have the driving itch.

Who would be down for a PHXPO/AZ NSX all day type of meet/event in like September or October? It would be much cooler I think.

Example of itinerary:

8:00 am - group drive out to prescott/jerome/sedona
12:00 pm - lunch in sedona
4:00 - 7:00 pm - indoor go karts in phoenix / scottsdale pavillions
7:30 pm - dinner somewhere in Scottsdale

Last edited:
Who would be down for a PHXPO/AZ NSX all day type of meet/event in like September or October? It would be much cooler I think.

Example of itinerary:

8:00 am - group drive out to prescott/jerome/sedona
12:00 pm - lunch in sedona
4:00 - 7:00 pm - indoor go karts in phoenix
7:30 pm - dinner somewhere in Scottsdale

10:00 pm - Christie's Cabaret :biggrin:

Back