I stayed at a Holiday Inn Express last night [moved from another thread]

Re: Puzzled by the whp gain after ITB

If your looking for a gain in power this kit would give you alot more than ITBs. http://www.cartech.net/nsxturbo.htm Cheaper than the super charger and bigger gain in power.

I wouldn't put that cheap kit on a NSX. You get what you pay for. There are 3 turbo kits that are suitable for the NSX:

1. Science of Speed Twin Turbo
2. Angus Turbo Kit
3. Lovefab Turbo

All of these kits have many installs, lots of testing and thousands of miles of reliability.

I agree the 20 whp number is a little strange for the ITB.

I wouldn't put that cheap kit on a NSX. You get what you pay for. There are 3 turbo kits that are suitable for the NSX:

1. Science of Speed Twin Turbo
2. Angus Turbo Kit
3. Lovefab Turbo

All of these kits have many installs, lots of testing and thousands of miles of reliability.

I agree the 20 whp number is a little strange for the ITB.

Not exactly a "cheap kit" with Ball bearing Turbos and standalone intercooling setup.

And I have. I dont exactly see a problem about this company or their turbo setup. Maybe I missed something that you guys seen before.

Ya think? LOL... you joined this month and have 78 posts. This forum isn't like the others where kids come and go every month. There are whack-jobs here that have been on here for years and years and know everything there is to know about an out of production car than didn't change for 15 years. And they still post and talk about the NSX like Al Bundy talks about football in high school.

And you are giving advice to THESE people. Not that I am one of them. I meant the other losers... :biggrin:

Ya think? LOL... you joined this month and have 78 posts. This forum isn't like the others where kids come and go every month. There are whack-jobs here that have been on here for years and years and know everything there is to know about an out of production car than didn't change for 15 years. And they still post and talk about the NSX like Al Bundy talks about football in high school.

And you are giving advice to THESE people. Not that I am one of them. I meant the other losers... :biggrin:

Im not telling anybody what to do with THEIR cars. Nor can anybody tell me to do with mine. I just simply offered a solution for a bigger HP gain as the company stated for a more cost efficient.

And I have. I dont exactly see a problem about this company or their turbo setup. Maybe I missed something that you guys seen before.

You need to train your search skillz more:

Blown turbo seals and cooling problems

Bad welds, didn't fit, missing parts, basically a whole bunch of crap.

Another unhappy customer. Bad welds, missing parts, etc.

Autowave, one of the top US NSX tuners, hates it.

Danny from Sport Compact Car is not a fan either.

I could go on, but the bottom line is this is an ill-fitting cheapo kit that will most likely cause you months of headaches. Leonard, you need to understand this isn't a Civic and going for the cheapest option on the NSX usually results in a whole lot more problems than if you spent the $ and did it right the first time. If you get a NSX and go turbo, give Chris at SoS a call, or Will (Angus) or Cody at Lovefab. They can explain it a lot better than me, but basically, there are no shortcuts on the NSX.

Im not telling anybody what to do with THEIR cars. Nor can anybody tell me to do with mine. I just simply offered a solution for a bigger HP gain as the company stated for a more cost efficient.

LOL... OK then get the cartech turbo kit on your NSX and let us know how it turns out.

You need to train your search skillz more:

Blown turbo seals and cooling problems

Bad welds, didn't fit, missing parts, basically a whole bunch of crap.

Another unhappy customer. Bad welds, missing parts, etc.

Autowave, one of the top US NSX tuners, hates it.

Danny from Sport Compact Car is not a fan either.

I could go on, but the bottom line is this is an ill-fitting cheapo kit that will most likely cause you months of headaches. Leonard, you need to understand this isn't a Civic and going for the cheapest option on the NSX usually results in a whole lot more problems than if you spent the $ and did it right the first time. If you get a NSX and go turbo, give Chris at SoS a call, or Will (Angus) or Cody at Lovefab. They can explain it a lot better than me, but basically, there are no shortcuts on the NSX.

Thanks Hancho for providing some links. I had no idea. I was actually considering this kit when I buy a NSX later this month. I know cheap parts dont justify on car like this but I do think 10 Grand for the CT Supercharger is just crazy for the miniscule increase in power. I want to do something to a NSX of mine but nothing over the board. Just a decent TOY that is has a considerable amount of power and not just a monster on tap.

Thanks Hancho for providing some links. I had no idea. I was actually considering this kit when I buy a NSX later this month. I know cheap parts dont justify on car like this but I do think 10 Grand for the CT Supercharger is just crazy for the miniscule increase in power. I want to do something to a NSX of mine but nothing over the board. Just a decent TOY that is has a considerable amount of power and not just a monster on tap.

The SoS Twin turbo is 500whp and $11,000. A great option. Also, Lovefab's Stage I turbo is 440whp and $9,000. Also a great choice. But seriously, before you drop ten G's and throw a blower into your NSX, sign up for the Skip Barber racing school at Road Atlanta. Do the 3 day racing program and they will teach you how to drive your regular old NSX so fast that you will not need a turbo. They will also teach you how to drive fast SAFELY. You will know it is time for a turbo when you can do a perfect lap at Road Atlanta at 10/10ths in your NSX and you feel bored. That will take many years.

Mvc-005s.jpg

Most people know the gains they are getting when going supercharged. They choose that route for different reasons. I owned a 700whp civic that i built. I started out with a cheap kit makking 225whp. You get what you pay for and these guys are right. After the manifold cracks or the seals blow you have to pay someone to fix it or spend all of your free time in the garage doing it yourself. In the end it cost you more. These people on here are being nice and trying to help. I'm new myself and can tell you if you are truely planning on buying an NSX then you will need good advice and you are off to a bad start by all of these threads you start. Buy the car 1st and then go from there. I myself am hoping to get the car i have been waiying for my whole life. I will have my answer on Saturday. I personally after having turbo am wanting a SC. The car im trying to buy is supercharged and in very happy with the 320hp it puts down

The SoS Twin turbo is 500whp and $11,000. A great option. Also, Lovefab's Stage I turbo is 440whp and $9,000. Also a great choice. But seriously, before you drop ten G's and throw a blower into your NSX, sign up for the Skip Barber racing school at Road Atlanta. Do the 3 day racing program and they will teach you how to drive your regular old NSX so fast that you will not need a turbo. They will also teach you how to drive fast SAFELY. You will know it is time for a turbo when you can do a perfect lap at Road Atlanta at 10/10ths in your NSX and you feel bored. That will take many years.

Ive always wanted to go to that school. Ive only done the school at The MotorSpeedway since its down the street from me.

So what happened with the European car? That car was a gift. How are you buying another stateside car and paying to mod it? Did you ever get that job at Kroger?

Back