• ***AVOID MARKETPLACE SCAMS!!***

Scammers are using compromised Prime member accounts to pose as a trusted seller in the marketplace. Before you enter into a deal with any seller, follow these tips to keep yourself safe. If you encounter one of these scammers, please report them immediately and we will lock their account.

Caveat Emptor!

HyTech NA Engine kit?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Speaking as a current TSX owner (and a future NSX owner), I will argue against this point to my death :wink:.

I currently have a HyTech race header on my TSX and I must give kudos to John and his work. His parts helped me attain 350whp/267wtq on a stock K24a2...

When I find the right NSX, I'll definitely be fitting as many HyTech parts as there are available.

350whp/267wtq on an na K24A?!? Amazing! I would love to see what mods you have with a dyno...

What makes the K-series motors so much better than the B and C series anyway? :confused: Might anyone guess the theoretical maximum numbers the C30A is capable of with equivalent Hytech bolt ons?

Last edited:
Holy f**k! 350 wHP? That's on an NA K24? :eek:

350whp/267wtq on an na K24A?!? Amazing! I would love to see what mods you have with a dyno...

What makes the K-series motors so much better than the B and C series anyway? :confused: Might anyone guess the theoretical maximum numbers the C30A is capable of with equivalent Hytech bolt ons?

Sorry for the confusion, my TSX is actually supercharged. However, one of my exhaust components is a HyTech race header so I thought I'd chime in regarding the excellent quality of John's work. The highest power output I've seen on a (mildly) built K24a2 so far is ~270whp.

Don't mean to hijack the thread, but you can see a list of my mods here.

And here's a screenshot of my dyno:

anybody have leads on a cheap 3 liter or 3.2 so i can further look into development of a valve train kit for C30A?

btw, my buddies at TOMEI told me they are finally going to work on Honda engines. they are release B and K series cams this year. i didn't ask if they are doing NSX engine. :-)

anybody have leads on a cheap 3 liter or 3.2 so i can further look into development of a valve train kit for C30A?

btw, my buddies at TOMEI told me they are finally going to work on Honda engines. they are release B and K series cams this year. i didn't ask if they are doing NSX engine. :-)

Do you need just the block? or everything?

Having visited John a couple of times now, my feeling is that until he gets a motor (or car) in his shop for the purpose of mock-up, he's going to continue working on filling his K & F-series orders vs. doing R&D for the C-series. :frown:

Having visited John a couple of times now, my feeling is that until he gets a motor (or car) in his shop for the purpose of mock-up, he's going to continue working on filling his K & F-series orders vs. doing R&D for the C-series. :frown:

May be park your car there for a long lunch? :biggrin:

John,
Still looking for a car? I sent a few emails about using my stock '94 months ago. Im in Afghanistan now so its not like i'll miss it. Shes waiting in my storage unit in Colorado for you. Pm me if you wanna set up shipment.

John,
Still looking for a car? I sent a few emails about using my stock '94 months ago. Im in Afghanistan now so its not like i'll miss it. Shes waiting in my storage unit in Colorado for you. Pm me if you wanna set up shipment.

lol. I'm in the same boat. Never got a response though =(

Update: Just spoke with John today and it looks like he's found a car...a bone stock Zanardi that isn't running. He should be getting it into the shop in late May, and R&D will start from there.

i'd love to know whether or not he will make all 6 runners the same length? did he start making a jig for his prototype headers yet?

Honestly with the lack of updates i'm really sick of waiting. HyTech should be stringing us along w/ little updates here and there, instead we are forced to relie on people that can stop by their shop to give us any info. A few months ago i said i was going to wait for this to come out but im kinda over it<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" /><o:p></o:p>
John

Hytech, please do this R&D and I will 100% support you guys and buy your products.

I have had great experience with Hytech in my B series motor. But a good question that has brought up regarding to the pricing. I hope this will be affordable in a sense that is not crazy expensive.

Higher revs and more horses I'm definitely interested
528722_10150672902769087_1215839190.jpg

oh awesome! So he's testing on the NA2's first.

So I get the H/I/E, adding different lift cams could give hp and torque etc, but I'm not clear on the ECU .... I'm sure I heard it was cheaper to revert to OBD1 rather than try to rework the later model....?

Iterested in finding around 50hp for reasonable £££ and not interested in FI options. Please keep it looking OEM.

Regards

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back