• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

How Fast is Fast for an NSX?

Press on flamers, hit me with your best shot.

firedevil.gif

:biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin:

Indytech said:
Ya know Eagle, I made a mistake. If I am a kid, I'm a 50 year old kid. Frankly if you don't believe who I am, then have it your way. I've never clocked my 914, I'm not a measuring kind of person. It does real wheeleys, and hooks up and takes off like a shot. quickes car I've ever seen off the line, anywhere. I hope that summarizes it to you. Oh yea, i thought I had a 400 in it for about 5 years.
I just recently discovered it really has a 327, ouch. No you can bag on that too.

I want to use a car that has good high speed stability for my next project car. I didn't build my 914, I bought it on Ebay. The guy that sold it to me said it was a 400 small block. Now I can safely say it is a 327. My mech noticed it because he said it revs to fast to be a 400 small block. Believe it of not it's hard to tell, hard for me to tell. The engines look just alike from the outside.

humm. u said wheeleys huhh....???

My understanding the 914 is a mid-engine car.
It will be very difficult to do a wheelie,
In addition your 914 has a motor upgrade w/c will be heavier.
(You do know the motor is in the middle right?)

Unless your car is heavily moded like this one:
p914-6.jpg

and still probably will be difficult to pop a wheelie.

It would have been much easier to pop a wheelie's if u had a Bug.

It's like saying my NSX has a Supercharger and has 500hp and it does wheelie :rolleyes:

Last edited:
Listen AMG you do seem like a reasonable guy. Check out Renegade Conversions at http://www.renegadehybrids.com/. The cars in fact, actually do wheelies. Don’t take my word for it, check it out for your self. They build some of the quickest cars on the Planet, for very reasonable prices. The 914’s are unstable over 130, not just mine, pretty much all of them. Be an honest person, not a raging flamer, and just give them a call.

Indytech said:
I can only assume, by your silence, that you checked this out and found it to be true. Amazing isn't it.

LS1 and LS7 swaps have become common in 3rd gen RX7s now. As for "fast for an NSX, or even "fastest for an NSX", try Factor X for the drag strip and mine for the road course. Both our cars are street driven. I recently won Sport Compact Car's 2006 Ultimate Street Car Challenge. One of the categories included the road course, which we won by 3 seconds over second place. Third place in that USCC category was the Crawford STI, which recently won the limited AWD category and 6th overall at the Super Street Time Attack at Buttonwillow last week.

There was a 527 rwhp LS7 RX7that came in second to last overall at USCC. This is a nice swap with lots of potential but it still needs some ironing out, something the 914 swap will likely face as well.

Regards,

Danny

Indytech said:
I can only assume, by your silence, that you checked this out and found it to be true. Amazing isn't it.
sorry i apologize about my lateness.
i do have a life. i don’t lurk around prime 24/7

Indytech said:
Listen AMG you do seem like a reasonable guy. Check out Renegade Conversions at http://www.renegadehybrids.com/. The cars in fact, actually do wheelies. Don’t take my word for it, check it out for your self. They build some of the quickest cars on the Planet, for very reasonable prices. The 914’s are unstable over 130, not just mine, pretty much all of them. Be an honest person, not a raging flamer, and just give them a call.

ok i give u that. they can be quick. (it's no brainer power to weight ratio will be the best formula to go fast) but show me one that has sooo much power or maybe similar to your 914 that does wheelies :smile: or better yet....

like what we said b 4
pics.gif

Originally Posted by amgnsx.
It would have been much easier to pop a wheelie's if u had a Bug.

I knew a guy in the 80's that had a bug with a oldsmobile 455 engine using a toronado transaxle. It was a stock engine (for the olds) and would do big wheelie's.:biggrin:

btw, It was basically mid engine.

amgnsx said:
ok for some visual entertainment on what happens if u drive 190mph on public streets....

*this is YOU going at 190mph
drag.gif
thumbsup.gif
butthead.gif
bow.gif

*then
cop.gif
gets
explode.gif
fart.gif

*this is YOU in jail with frnds
shake.gif

spank.gif

spankie.gif

banana.gif

*in the end,
gheyfight.gif

lesson here. DONT SPEED or go 190mph on public streets.

Disclaimer: These are just fictional smileys and they are not acutal events unless u do it!

no offence to anyone in particular, just havin a lil fun

This thread is off the wall crazy.

Where does one get those differnet smiley faces things?

Back