• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

How Fast is Fast for an NSX?

This is like a sitcom where someone tells a lie and then has to keep piling on more and more layers of lies to make the previous ones plausible.

I have a 914 that does 3000mph... oh, because it has a 9000cid motor swap that is still using the same smelly fuel lines from the stock motor (oops, the swap was actually only to a 8000cid, my bad)... but man, once that thing gets to 2500mph it's life-threateningly scary but I push it to 2800mph sometimes anyway... I'll try take pics of it next to my time machine next time I'm at the hangar (but the time machine was bought broken and I never fixed it so I just unloaded it to the first person who could give me $100) ... 'cause I fly helicopters... for the news... and I keep logs of such flights but, really, every motor I see is like every other motor I see... etc... etc... etc...

I'm waiting for it to escalate to:

... I prolly won't do the Z06 swap because my wife... uhhh... Paris Hilton... yeah that's the ticket... Paris doesn't want me to do the swap 'cause she fears I'll lose my life and uh... she won't be so popular anymore 'cause I buy her all her stuff... yeah, and she says I'm a stallion in bed! Yeah, that's it! I'm a stallion in bed and ummmm... I won't have time to do the swap (oh, wait... I'm not doing the swap... I'm paying someone else to do it 'cause I have no idea what all that shiny metal is) but yeah... no time to do the swap because that would delay the realease of my research on the cure for cancer that I recently completed in my laboratory on the moon, where the esteemed Dr. Hasselhoff confirmed my theories.

J

02#154 said:
This is like a sitcom where someone tells a lie and then has to keep piling on more and more layers of lies to make the previous ones plausible.

I have a 914 that does 3000mph... oh, because it has a 9000cid motor swap that is still using the same smelly fuel lines from the stock motor (oops, the swap was actually only to a 8000cid, my bad)... but man, once that thing gets to 2500mph it's life-threateningly scary but I push it to 2800mph sometimes anyway... I'll try take pics of it next to my time machine next time I'm at the hangar (but the time machine was bought broken and I never fixed it so I just unloaded it to the first person who could give me $100) ... 'cause I fly helicopters... for the news... and I keep logs of such flights but, really, every motor I see is like every other motor I see... etc... etc... etc...

I'm waiting for it to escalate to:

... I prolly won't do the Z06 swap because my wife... uhhh... Paris Hilton... yeah that's the ticket... Paris doesn't want me to do the swap 'cause she fears I'll lose my life and uh... she won't be so popular anymore 'cause I buy her all her stuff... yeah, and she says I'm a stallion in bed! Yeah, that's it! I'm a stallion in bed and ummmm... I won't have time to do the swap (oh, wait... I'm not doing the swap... I'm paying someone else to do it 'cause I have no idea what all that shiny metal is) but yeah... no time to do the swap because that would delay the realease of my research on the cure for cancer that I recently completed in my laboratory on the moon, where the esteemed Dr. Hasselhoff confirmed my theories.

J

Your killing me!!! :biggrin:

Indytech said:
OK the 288GTO thing, I never once ever said I owned a 288GTO.

Indytech said:
Sorry about that, the 288 I actually did own was a total.

So which is it?

allears.gif

Indytech said:
Ya know Edid, I like the quickness the power gives, not so much the top end. The 914 has been a bit of a dissapointment in the top end, Above 130 the rear end actually becomes pretty darn unpredictable. Like I said previously life threatening. I've talked with renigade, as well as others about moding the rear suspension, they just said it comes with the car, they don't recommend pushing it any harder.

I don't really like it above 130 to much, that is really fast enough for me. But on random occasions I might push to 150. I guess I just like the extra head room. If it's stable at 190, it should be a piece of cake at 150.

I agree with you. I had the NSX (NA1) over 130 mph and it felt a little unstable (not bad though) and just had the 350z over 150 mph keeping up with a Mercedes SL55 AMG and it felt very smooth and still had some room to hit 155-160 mph. I was very surprised that the 350z felt smoother and more stable at those speeds than the S2000 and NSX. I had the S2000 upto 147 mph a few years back and it took a little longer to get there than the 350z and it was very twitchy at that speed so I had to slow down due to fear of loosing control. 350z was very firm upto 151 mph.

Indytech said:
Sorry about that, the 288 I actually did own was a total. I had hope to restore it, never did, and ended up selling it for about 8K in a pinch. Happened when I was about 26. Long time ago. So go on baby light my fire.
Now i was being nice but even a completely totaled GTO back then still went for some crazy money especially if the chassis numbers matched.

omeys_berlina said:
This is getting bad. If I were in his shoes i would blame the Alzeihmers......other then that, your up shits creek without a paddle....

That reminds me....

Guy goes to the Dr and the Dr says "I have bad news and worse news. The bad news is you have Cancer and it's terminal..."

Guy says, "Oh that is bad, what is the worse news?"

Dr says, "Well, you also have Alzeimers..."

Guy says, "Oh, well could be worse... I could have Cancer."

:smile:

These posts are getting boring and a total waste of my time to read. Recently, Ive only been coming on Prime to read the FI forums, Classified, Northeast and Picture gallery threads. The rest of the shit is annoying, young kids, liar, dreamers, fakes and wanna-a-bees galore. I call for a ban:biggrin:

The Kid said:
These posts are getting boring and a total waste of my time to read. Recently, Ive only been coming on Prime to read the FI forums, Classified, Northeast and Picture gallery threads. The rest of the shit is annoying, young kids, liar, dreamers, fakes and wanna-a-bees galore. I call for a ban:biggrin:

I second that.

UNLESS, INDYTECH can support what he is saying.

Indytech said:
Well Mr. Philli, I actually have met an awful lot of people in my life that aren’t very good a doing just about anything, except correcting peoples spelling. Now I’m not saying you fall into this category, but have achieved the first qualifier. Einstein couldn’t write worth a chit, but the guy could really crunch numbers. I have no intention of responding to any more condescending posts. If you don’t like me, you’re entitled to believe the way you want.

Don't even begin to try and compare yourself with Einstein.

Indytech said:
Ok. conserning the helicopter thing. Theres lots & lots of wanabee helicopter pilots outthere. There are not so many owners, but there out there. This is a car group not a Helo group. But if you must know I have about 1500hours in a Jet Rainger, flying traffic with a guy named "Chuck Street", in jet rainger 1, for KIIS FM. You guys can feel free to check that out if you like. There's a lot involved in owning a Helicopter, and yes I Know it intimatly, I can say I know exactactly down to the finest detail what it was made of. If you are a copter pilot, I'm sure you have heard of maintenance logs. Now I'm looking for my own turbine powered helo. So knock yourselfs out with this one.

OK the 288GTO thing, I never once ever said I owned a 288GTO. I said when I think of a Ferrari, this is the one that comes to my mind. I actually own a 348TS, I have not and probably will never own a 288, $.75M. Little up there for me.

On the 914 thing, yea I've never been able to really get rid of that damn gas smell. That probably the main reason I selling the car. I've cleared it up for a while, but it just keeps comming back.

Now on the intimate knowlage of details thing about cars. I'm an MIT grad, in Electrical Engineering. I almost became a Machanical Engineer, and changed my mind beginning my 4th Year. I have an intimate knowlage of many many techinical things. I don't have time to sit around and read car magazines. I prefer to spend an hour or so in my forums, with friends I've made, talking helicopters & cars. I enjoy the personal conversations.

Now any of you helicopter gus out there want to B.S., I spend a little time over on the Rotorway Usersgroup, in the Jet Exec Forum. I'm seriously considering building one of those. If I choose to do that I wont have time for my project car though, for a while.

I've been in academics all my life, and it's true that some very smart folks can't spell very well. Also, this ain't no spelling bee forum. However, if this guy's an MIT graduate, I'm Neil Armstrong (he walked on the moon Indy).:biggrin:

The average SAT score at MIT is 1485, so you'd figure you'd have to have at least a 650-700 verbal to get in which means... wait for it.... YOU'D HAVE TO BE ABLE TO SPELL!!!! Oh, maybe he's from that other MIT (Miserably Inept Typing) school?

I've been on a lot of different forums over the years and this guy is a total poser. If I'm wrong Indy, I'll buy you a Hooked on Phonics book.

And where are those pics anyway?

Yeah, i'm gonna have to call bullshite...... $.75 million is out of his price range, but he can afford to purchase AND maintain a Hughes 500.... a MULTImillion dollar investment over time.... uhhhh .... no.

I say we start banning people or charging for this site. Lud, you looking to sell?:biggrin:

EndlessNSX said:
I agree with you. I had the NSX (NA1) over 130 mph and it felt a little unstable (not bad though) and just had the 350z over 150 mph keeping up with a Mercedes SL55 AMG and it felt very smooth and still had some room to hit 155-160 mph. I was very surprised that the 350z felt smoother and more stable at those speeds than the S2000 and NSX. I had the S2000 upto 147 mph a few years back and it took a little longer to get there than the 350z and it was very twitchy at that speed so I had to slow down due to fear of loosing control. 350z was very firm upto 151 mph.
I wonder if you're still running the original shocks, springs, etc. on your NA1 NSX and/or if you've had the alignment checked lately.

Most magazine writers agree that the NSX is a wonderful car at speed and while I don't condone street racing or the like I can't lie and I have to tell you that I can personally attest to how good my NA2 felt at speed while driving to and from NSXPO in AZ last year.

I can't claim the same for my S2K's even though they were basically brand new and my NSX was comparatively long in the tooth.

Da Hapa said:
I wonder if you're still running the original shocks, springs, etc. on your NA1 NSX and/or if you've had the alignment checked lately.

Most magazine writers agree that the NSX is a wonderful car at speed and while I don't condone street racing or the like I can't lie and I have to tell you that I can personally attest to how good my NA2 felt at speed while driving to and from NSXPO in AZ last year.

I can't claim the same for my S2K's even though they were basically brand new and my NSX was comparatively long in the tooth.

I totally agree with you. I did 160 twice in my NSX in august on my way from LA o Seattle. The car was more than stable. It was noisy at that speed, but the car felt rock solid. One year ago, I did 173 on my way to Vegas, that was a scary run. But I'm still here in one piece. On my first S2k, I did 150, it was the most scary run I have ever encountered.

All my high speed run were done after 2 am when no cars are on the highway.

13449DSC00743_2.JPG

EndlessNSX said:

350Z has a top speed of 155, and you did 150 and kept up with a SL55? lol, what kind of Z do your friend have? No STOCK cars from the land of rising sun can keep up with a SL55!!!

Last edited:
On my totally stock NA1 4x4 suspension i hit 135mph and it got a bit hairy. Still not bad for a 14 year old car. :) After putting in Konis, H&R springs, new tires, proper alligment, and NSXR chassis bars i have to admit at 135 it was pretty stable. Didnt want to push it anymore since it was real late at night, just for test purposes on comparison and not a soul on the road. I wonder how the targas would feel at high speed due to a decrease in rigidity.

Last edited:
Man, when the cat's away the mice will play. If you want to think I'm a poser, just suit yourself, I don't really give a hoot. I've been aroung good spellers all my life, I have a few that work for me, many others supporting truly great people that can't spell. That's my prospective, like it or lump it.

I've heard good things in general about the NSX's high speed handling, From Friends. I don't really know much about the design of the car though, and it's potential for mods. You really don't know how a car really handles at those speeds unless you have been therYou know I forgot abot the 288, I never really had the chance to drive it, after all it was a total, I actually purchased it for 8K in an auction. They weren't nearly as popular back then as they are now, things change.

I put it in my profile, though it looked good in there, little of a spin there. I actually wanted to look like a serious poser on purpose. Doesn't everybody, LOL.

I would be interested to learn a little more about some of the wise arses in here. Names like "Bob Jones Racing", "super star nsx owner".

Now I'm here to visit and talk about some possible performance enhancements regarding an NSX.

If your here to just call me a poser, insult me, and take a hostile position anytime I make a mistake, I would like to invite you to leave me alone, I promise I'll leave you alone, and you wont have to endure my miss spelled words, or imperfections.

Now those of you that might not think I'm totally full of chit, I'm actually looking pretty close at some NSX's, there are quite a few on ebay, one has caught my eye, a 91 red with ivory interior. So what do I need to check out on this car to make sure I'm not buying a POS? How much milage it so much?

Oh and by the way, if you think I'm going to run right out and take a bunch of pictures because of a few Dumb Arses, your mistaken. All the rude insulting Bass Turds are nothing more than to me than a little text on this computer. I'm probably going to lay awake tonight, distraught about your opinnions of me. LOL.

Be civil, and I might even post picts of my new helo, with me in it. I sure you will lay awake nights looking forward to that.:biggrin:

Da Hapa said:

I was actually running on Tein RA's with aftermarket wheels (17x7.5 and 18x9.5). It felt smooth but a little unstable. I also had read over the years since 1991 that the NSX was very stable over 130 mph. I just had a bad experience twice. Thats all. I dont doubt the NA2s can hold there own over 140 mph.

Vancehu said:
350Z has a top speed of 155, and you did 150 and kept up with a SL55? lol, what kind of Z do your friend have? No STOCK cars from the land of rising sun can keep up with a SL55!!!

I was keeping up with him to get home faster.:smile: I didnt say it was a race. I know I would have been killed, but it was just another car going over 150 mph on the way home from San Diego. And let me tell you we got home a little faster than usual. :)

My wife and I own the 350z as we own the NSX and the MDX and S2000 which we sold several months ago.:smile:

Last edited:
Back