How 'bout that stock market?

Thats a lot of bad news! Or good news if you were me. My first news trade made 30 points, although a monkey could have made money on this one.

The bottom has to be near as I am ready to bail. :biggrin:

When you are about to shit yourself the bottom is near lol. Just talked to a friend that quit IT about 9 months ago to trade, he said he did not need my help and was doing fine. Well just found out he had to get a job. So many people never ask for help but I guess they think they know it all.

Still flat and waiting, up 22% so far this month.

When you are about to shit yourself the bottom is near lol. Just talked to a friend that quit IT about 9 months ago to trade, he said he did not need my help and was doing fine. Well just found out he had to get a job. So many people never ask for help but I guess they think they know it all.

Still flat and waiting, up 22% so far this month.

It feels like a bottom is near but there is that little voice in the back of my head saying "maybe this is the big one"

Also I received a shareholder letter from 5th 3rd this morning that was pretty gloom and doom. Major support levels have been broken and we continue to stay below them. That is a really bad sign.

And below 8,200, you'll find me curled up in a fetal position under my bed whimpering for my mommy.

Lucky you. I'd be getting a beat down from my mom as she goes on about the "I told you so" lecture. :tongue: :biggrin:

Done for the day and week. No trades this AM, i don't trade friday afternoon. That one day i screwed up really cost me. That and there was a lot of money yseterday afternoon i didn't take due to expiry, same as today, expiry kind of tied my hands this week.

Regardless, even with my horrible 1 day, i traded solid the rest of the time, not perfect, but pretty close. Net result was +220 on the week. Which when you consider i only traded 13 hours, thats not too shabby. Thats 17 bucks an hour! lol.

Anyway, i'm gonna keep this up. Next week is gonna be even better!

Cheers!

Stop slacking and POST, don't screw yourself and follow through with what you said. Don't be the 95% who fail at this!!!!!!! You seemed very nice when I talked with you months ago that's why I care and want to see you do well.

Must be the pricks on CNBC haven't loaded up enough cheap shares yet as they keep saying how the market is down rather than reporting how the market is going up.

My bad... sorry guys... Monday morning through now... Missed out on about 300.00 today though so i'm a bit dissapointed... Gonna trade textbook this PM.

hvdmrl.jpg

Must be the pricks on CNBC haven't loaded up enough cheap shares yet as they keep saying how the market is down rather than reporting how the market is going up.

CNBC is full of dumbasses. As I said before if you can trade you don't have to trade others money. It's like a fat ass being a personal trainer.

My bad... sorry guys... Monday morning through now... Missed out on about 300.00 today though so i'm a bit dissapointed... Gonna trade textbook this PM.

hvdmrl.jpg

Stick to the rules, you will miss trades I miss a lot it's part of it. Don't live in the past just skip them and keep your eye out. Also we had a few good 4hr trades not sure if you cought my posts or not.

CNBC is full of dumbasses. As I said before if you can trade you don't have to trade others money. It's like a fat ass being a personal trainer.

It's so easy to see through their shit but the problem is a lot of times they do in fact drive the market. If they shut them off for a week we would see a decent rally.

I wonder how big the trades are on a particular stock right before and after Jim Cramer does his bit every night on that particular stock. He says all his trades are in a charitable trust what I don't know is if he can charge that trust huge commissions and if he can leverage against that account by borrowing money against it?

It's so easy to see through their shit but the problem is a lot of times they do in fact drive the market. If they shut them off for a week we would see a decent rally.

I wonder how big the trades are on a particular stock right before and after Jim Cramer does his bit every night on that particular stock. He says all his trades are in a charitable trust what I don't know is if he can charge that trust huge commissions and if he can leverage against that account by borrowing money against it?

He can draw from the trust i'm sure. When we'd set up Unit Trusts, the client derived income from the trust, and the beneficiary (the charity(s)) would collect the balance at the client's death.

Lots of "Firms" will pump it up like Cramer, shit I bet he's long before he talks about it. Even CNBC has show a stock he was talking about and it poped right when he said something about. What I still do not understand is some people will drive miles to Costco to save 15c a gal on gas, but they have 100k+ in a 401k and have no clue as to what to do with it. People work hard for money and save every penny so they can be clueless about what they do with it down the road. The only 2 reasons I can think this happens is because.

1. No one wants to be accountabe for being wrong.
2. They are lazy and or trust the broker that can not trade himself or he would not be working at a firm.

If anyone has any idea on this please let me know, I would LOVE to know why this happens.

Lots of "Firms" will pump it up like Cramer, shit I bet he's long before he talks about it. Even CNBC has show a stock he was talking about and it poped right when he said something about. What I still do not understand is some people will drive miles to Costco to save 15c a gal on gas, but they have 100k+ in a 401k and have no clue as to what to do with it. People work hard for money and save every penny so they can be clueless about what they do with it down the road. The only 2 reasons I can think this happens is because.

2. They are lazy and or trust the broker that can not trade himself or he would not be working at a firm.

If anyone has any idea on this please let me know, I would LOVE to know why this happens.

Fear.

Sheer laziness.

I assume that when you're not feeling well, you go to WebMD, and diagnose and treat yourself, you'd never go and pay a MD for his advice, take a prescription to a Pharmacy and have it filled, you probably mix up your own homeopathic remedy. When your car needs serious repair, you probably do that yourself too!! After all, why pay a professional when you can do it all yourself, better and cheaper!!! One of my favorite stories is a "trust fund baby" that I had some of his $$$, he convinced the "Trustees" that he could do a better job than them, so they gave him some of the $$$ to see what he could do. He really did well for awhile, wracked up huge capital gains (all short term), didn't put aside anything for taxes (was hundreds of thousands of dollars owed to the government), the next year he lost it all, yes he could write the losses off in future years against gains, but he had no $$$$$ to pay the taxes he owed, or to invest, so he fled the country. Real smart. Me, I don't go to medical clinics, I research and find the best doctors I can, and I pay them out of pocket if my insurance doesn't cover it (out of network), I'll pay an expert/professional his asking price and expect what I pay for. I'm not saying that there aren't people that can invest their $$$ properly, but the majority can't, so if they're smart, they do their research and get help. To quote a wise man who once told me: "Most people don't plan to fail, rather they fail to plan."

Back