Honest opinions needed

Here is a situation that I would need your opinion on:

Found the perfect combo NSX with the mods you want on it, pricing is fair too.
THEN owner finds out it was in a crash before the owned it and had the front frame bend/wrinkled during the PPI done by the interested party.
Mods to the car are worth about 80% of the selling price

would you buy it?

remember, nsx is made by alumium, whatever was damaged, bent, it needs to be replaced by a new part. no body work can deal with it.

that car's current owner took the car to track before. my friend went with him. it shouldn't have any big problem. and the mods he put is very tasty. the price is reasonable. remember, u are buying something more than 10 yr old. what do u expect??? perfect condition like brand new?? then u have to pay is 100k instead of 46k. his mods are pretty good.

the only thing is that the car is NA1 with 5 speed.

if u like original style, that one will be very easy. 02 side skirt, rear valence.

found a perfect one???? It's a used car. even a brand new car, it may have some small issues after few months.

remember, nsx is made by alumium, whatever was damaged, bent, it needs to be replaced by a new part. no body work can deal with it.

that car's current owner took the car to track before. my friend went with him. it shouldn't have any big problem. and the mods he put is very tasty. the price is reasonable. remember, u are buying something more than 10 yr old. what do u expect??? perfect condition like brand new?? then u have to pay is 100k instead of 46k. his mods are pretty good.

the only thing is that the car is NA1 with 5 speed.

we are talking of the GPW NSXR 95' for sale right? If yes, considering that the frame is still bent up, I think the price should be lower, to what degree, I don't know and a bit of research on it will tell. So if you were in my shoes, would you keep on looking or buy it?

to make a fair conclusion. the best way is to visit the owner, test the car if it's possible. then test another nsx one. if u can figure out a huge difference, step away from that white one. otherwise, 46k is a good price already. the owner may drop a little bit more for a final deal. but wont be much.

and check out which part is bent if it's visible.

the good thing on his car is 02 conversion, type R wing, aero stuff. expensive mods part. resell value is good.

but i just want to say dont be too picky. u aren't buying a brand new car.

the bad thing is the repaint. changed color.

if u paying attention on cragislist these days for nsx, i guess u already saw antoher 91 nsx. it has YELLOW paint with 02 conversion. minor mods. i even met that owner on street 3 times. he is selling his nsx for about 50k.

will u pay for 50k for a 91? i guess that one will not be sold easily unless a deep drop on the price.

we can almost get a 02 one for 50k. if u save more, u can get a 02 stock if u like.

if u want mods, that 95 one can be a good choice too.

I'm anal when it comes to buing an used car. I will consider a fender or quarter panel replacement from a minor accident. I will not consider a car that has a bent frame. (JMO) Good luck on your search.

I'm anal when it comes to buing an used car. I will consider a fender or quarter panel replacement from a minor accident. I will not consider a car that has a bent frame. (JMO) Good luck on your search.

thats the problem, I have never driven a car with a bent frame really, the frame in my TL was damaged by the previous owner, but it was fixed to factory specs and there is no difference between it and a brand new one. I haven't driven an NSX before, and as well, the seller is over 1200 miles away. I planned on having an experienced primer, like vance drive it and see it. I contacted the female owner of the car and lets see where we go from there.

So that makes
1 yes
1 no

Absolutely NOT, because if you ever grown tired of car, you will have problem sell it!!! Even if the car a bargain!!!

Absolutely NOT, because if you ever grown tired of car, you will have problem sell it!!! Even if the car a bargain!!!

thats the good thing about this, title is clear, and these threads will be deleted by the time I sell the NSX... 15 years from now... as far as getting a stock 02, I love the R, and modding an 02 would en up costing me a whole lot more than buying the modded 95....

you are asking for opinions, but everytime you recieve one you reply with a justification for you purchasing the car. My only point in stating this, is it sounds to me like you have already made up your mind and want the car. With that said, my opinion is i would not buy an nsx that has had frame damage period..that is my opinion, for the reasons stated above.

If the repair were done correctly, I could still be interested in a clean car with a prior accident - if the repair were subpar, I would likely not be interested, unless the car had a specific purpose, and the repair were non-structural in nature.

The car you're referring to looks amazing in person, one of the 10 top cars in terms of appearance, but from what I hear, there is structural repair which was subpar - if you're really interested in this vehicle, the next step would be to take it to a quality frame guy to have the car measured on a rack, and ensure the car is square. The main concern I would have, is if the repair appears to be subpar, what is the quality of the welds and structural work that you cannot see? Unless these serious repairs are documented, it becomes something of a 'assume the worst' situation.

Its unforutnate, because the car appears to be clean, and was tastefully modified. You will need to decide on your own if you want to continue spending time, and money, down this road, but, as I mentioned above, the next step would be to take it to a frame guy. This is a few hundred (around $350), if you wanted a quickie feel for the car, just get an alignment performed - if the car cannot be aligned, you know its tweaked. If it aligns fine, perhaps you can continue your interest - the other recommendation I would have, is to get the thing on a rack, so you can see the severity of the accident, and get a feel for how it was repaired.

thats the good thing about this, title is clear, and these threads will be deleted by the time I sell the NSX

This quote concerns me somewhat... you feel lucky to have come across this information prior to making a decision on this car, yet you also seem to imply the upside of this car is that by the time you sell it, a future buyer would not have the same information at his disposal - this seems somewhat underhanded, if you buy the car, make an informed decision, know what you're buying, and why, and give a future buyer the same basis for his decision.

The key thing to remember long term is, when "you" decide to sell it down the road, will someone else buy it.:confused:

I agree with Vance.

thats the good thing about this, title is clear, and these threads will be deleted by the time I sell the NSX... 15 years from now... as far as getting a stock 02, I love the R, and modding an 02 would en up costing me a whole lot more than buying the modded 95....
We all plannned at some point to keep our NSX wheather it be 15 years or forever. Things change. You may sell in 2/3 years or less if you start having huge issues with, who knows.

he's 1200 miles away from you. this is why he wont give you any respond because he may not expect u to visit him.

from what my friend told me about that car. the current owner modded it a lot.

if u like stock, save a little bit more, get a 02 one. so just wait and search

Im the guy he is talking about that almost bought it. Let me get a few things said.

1. the sellers IMO did not know the frame was bent. If they did, they would not agree to a PPI in first place, and 2nd it was their idea to have it done BEFORE i came down and ahead of when i had it scheduled on this sat.

2. I would never buy a bent frame'd NSX! WHY? why would you want such an exotic car with major damage?

3. I thought HARD about "well ill end up keeping it, so long as it drives good..who cares" but then i thought "shit, if/when i go to sell it i would HAVE TO tell the guys looking about it, i could not sleep if i attempted to hide"

4. Here is the word by word report from Shane at Autowave who i think most will agree are one of the best around...

"Eric, right front was hit HARD, frame is wrinkled and bent. The airbags were deployed. THe interior dash is off as well, not lined, up. It is bent pretty bad. Best $50 you ever spent Eric"

I asked him what he would do. He said "eric they seem really nice and i dont think they knew about it by her reaction, but no way would i buy it" That said, i trust him cause a lot of you guys trust them. They too were great to deal with, they changed me only $50 cause one he saw the frame and called me there was no need to go further. The car is BEAUTIFUL and awesome stuff. THe sellers seem very nice and cool. I feel very bad, cause i was SO excited..most that know me know im all business all the time and kinda a hard ass...so for me to be up till 3am cause im like a kid before xmas is rare. They also spent a lot of time with me on the phone arranging meeting, and getting all the extra parts together. When i heard i honestly felt like i had walked in on a wife cheating type situation..i didn't know if i should be happy i found out now, or if i should be mad.

I really feel for the sellers, i mean, wtf do they do now? The car in perfect shape is worth $46k, but IMO not now, but not my call on what its worth.

I wish them luck and myself in finding another...hit me up if you got a CLEAN NSX for sale.

Thanks guys, enjoy the weekend!

ERIC

Man, I have a hard time understaning some of these posts, I guess people write the way they talk and assume everyone will understand them. What I gather is someone has an NSX in fair condition with some good modifications installed. Price was negotiated and apparently agreed upon and then during a pre-purchase inspection required by the buyer, prior crash damage was discovered and now the issue is was the seller trying to sell the car without disclosing the prior damage OR is it possible the seller was unaware of the damage? Who cares? If the car is in good condition and passes the PPI and has good modifications and the price is good, try to negotiate an additional discount for the damage and any additional corrective work required and see what happens. If the car is an NA1, the chances it is going to have had some prior damage is pretty good due to the age of the car. If you do not want a car with a history, buy a 2005 which will have had much less of a chance of being damaged due to its relative age.

thats the problem, I have never driven a car with a bent frame really, the frame in my TL was damaged by the previous owner, but it was fixed to factory specs and there is no difference between it and a brand new one. I haven't driven an NSX before, and as well, the seller is over 1200 miles away. I planned on having an experienced primer, like vance drive it and see it. I contacted the female owner of the car and lets see where we go from there.

So that makes
1 yes
1 no

since this thread has become quite the colorful coloring book... lemme break it down for ya

1. you have NEVER contacted "the girl owner" why do i know this for a fact? CUZ I AM HER. only contact youve ever made is with my bf and he told you we had an interested buyer from OR (eric) and did not want to show the car while we were working with him.

2. if vance or whoever wants to check it out, youre welcome to contact me because i have no problem showing the car

3. like i said youre all more then welcome to contact me other then that there is no need to make my problem your main subject of the day as you sit in front of your computers

since this thread has become quite the colorful coloring book... lemme break it down for ya

1. you have NEVER contacted "the girl owner" why do i know this for a fact? CUZ I AM HER. only contact youve ever made is with my bf and he told you we had an interested buyer from OR (eric) and did not want to show the car while we were working with him.

2. if vance or whoever wants to check it out, youre welcome to contact me because i have no problem showing the car

3. like i said youre all more then welcome to contact me other then that there is no need to make my problem your main subject of the day as you sit in front of your computers
Bunny you got any pics of this car?:smile:

Back