Here's a Question... your NSX or your mate?

Originally posted by nsxtasy:
A tax deduction doesn't "make money". It lowers the net amount you pay for expenses (in this case, interest and property taxes).

I'm not saying that real estate is a bad investment; it is indeed generally a good investment, with a high likelihood (albeit not a guarantee) of appreciation. Furthermore, the government subsidizes many of the expenses of home ownership through tax deductions, as well as deferring the tax on appreciation gains when you move. But what makes it particularly appealing is that, in addition to the financial aspects of the investment, it provides you with utility in the form of a place to live - something you need anyway. All of this is why home ownership is a desirable goal for most of us, one that may take a higher priority than our desire for our favorite sports car.

Nxstasy is right but a tax deduction is not even applicable here. Nsxy said all his profits are tax free so he can not even make use of the deduction.

My newlywed wife "suggested" that I get rid of my motorcycle about 10 years ago, because she thought it was dangerous. After driving it for about a year with Michigan drivers I couldn't say she was wrong. I did agree to get rid of it, if I could purchase an NSX, she agreed and we are still married over 10 years later.

I guess the moral of my little story is, if there is truly a good reason that she wants you to get rid of the car than it is a reasonable request, but if it is for other reasons, keep it and get rid of her. So if you need money for a baby, house or some other necessity get rid of the car and wait until later you will enjoy it a lot more then.

Good Luck!!!

Back