Headers Recommendation... ?

Probably because some people are doing it in pieces, due to budget, as an exhaust cost $1200+ and headers cost $1300+.

An exhaust for $1200 !!!!:eek: If memory serves, I spent ~$600 on my Dali system. I then got lucky on GB for my Cantrell headers and paid $700.
So I have $1300 altogether.

Why would you NOT replace the exhaust (from stock) if you put in a set of headers... SOS or Cantrell?

Some of the European countries are much stricter on noise levels, not sure about Sweden.

hehe I just got back from cruising around SoCal... had the top off and my ears are ringing from the noise... ahhhhhhhh

not sure if I want my exhaust to be any louder! But I Would love the improved performance :cool: :tongue:

An exhaust for $1200 !!!!:eek: If memory serves, I spent ~$600 on my Dali system. I then got lucky on GB for my Cantrell headers and paid $700.
So I have $1300 altogether.

Cantrell Headers were $1K at the group buy, unless you got some other deal. You can get the Dali's for $600 just a gamble on the vendor, the ark DT-S was around $600 when it was introduced. After that you are over $1k for an exhaust. You could go custom too, but most of those use crimp bends.

yes, that is exactly what we are talking about. Please examine the GT-One header closely and you will see that it is nothing like a $600 e-bay header in terms of design, collectors, parts quality, flow, sound, or HP numbers.

I am not saying there are never aftermarket parts with a fancy name that are overpriced. But the GT-One is a superior header. Whether the extra dollars are worth it to you is a personal call, but they are definitely not the same.

Perhaps it's the muffler that's coupled with the GT-one header, but I hear that tin-can-rice sound from a civic.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ky7PiepCHm8&mode=related&search=

Perhaps it's the muffler that's coupled with the GT-one header, but I hear that tin-can-rice sound from a civic.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ky7PiepCHm8&mode=related&search=

LOL.... Thats is my car on that clip, but I couldn't even rev the engine much as the TCS was cutting in... that causes the exhaust valve to stay closed because it is RPM dependent. Thats why I did not post that clip. Whats the point when I am at 4K with the valve closed?

When you hear the car accelerating from outside and I can actually rev the engine to redline, it sounds like nothing else. Its definitely not rice tin can civic sound. Trust me plenty of people have heard this in person and it is a phenomenal header. I posted 4 clips, and that's the one you go to in order to make judgement on that header?!

This is the first that I have heard that different headers will have any appreciable difference in the quality of the sound.

They do make a difference that is noticeable. You can change from one header to another and at different RPM bands the sound varies a lot. The sound was one of the things that they experimented with at GT-Rom to come up with that design. There is some technical info available that I think DJ can get you if you want. Vance's Fujitsubo header clearly has a different sound for example. Going from 50mm primaries to 60mm, the design of the collectors, the length of the pipes all make a difference. I have a friend who went from a taitec to a Comptech and kept the same muffler and said the tone was very different.

They do make a difference that is noticeable. You can change from one header to another and at different RPM bands the sound varies a lot. The sound was one of the things that they experimented with at GT-Rom to come up with that design. There is some technical info available that I think DJ can get you if you want. Vance's Fujitsubo header clearly has a different sound for example. Going from 50mm primaries to 60mm, the design of the collectors, the length of the pipes all make a difference. I have a friend who went from a taitec to a Comptech and kept the same muffler and said the tone was very different.

Do you find that after a long drive that your ears are bleeding? haha

mufflers should have more to do with the sound of the exhaust.

It's the final leg after all.

I'm running Moroso Spiral Flow and love the sound.

But it's not likely that I nor anyone else will have financial and time resources to experiment with each and every different combinations of headers any time soon.

The mufflers coupled with the Zoomers tips already sounds good.

How much will the headers alter the sound is the question that I pose...

Does anyone know if the Fujitsubo Headers are no longer being sold for real?

They just look so damn good and I bet they are pretty badass from what I've been reading...

Hey guys... just to revive an old topic before I pull the trigger on some headers... Since my car is NA1, would THESE be a good improvement coupled with my ARK Catback system as far as performance and sound? Also, I should probably invest in some hi-flo cats too huh? THX! :cool:

I'm seriously considering these GT-One headers... would it be beneficial to ceramic coat them?

Trying to decide on which headers to get... I have the ARK catback exhaust now and was hoping to get headers to match.... im interested in the most power gains and sound would be secondary. The sound already is great :D

thx

<--biased but in love with Comptech* ;)

<--biased but in love with Comptech* ;)

hehe :D

Anyone else got some input? I'm waiting till pay day (end of the month) to pick up these headers... any input is greatly appreciated. thx

Trying to decide on which headers to get... I have the ARK catback exhaust now and was hoping to get headers to match.... im interested in the most power gains and sound would be secondary. The sound already is great :D
Since you have a 95. I highly recommend you get real aftermarket headers if you are able to spend more than $600. Read on if you like to find out why.

While OEM NA2 headers are great. Aftermarket headers still shown gain on NA2s. Usually the debate are does NA2 see gain from aftermarket headers? The answer is yes. Example here:

DC header on 02+ dyno before/after, pretty decent gain under the curve:
http://www.nsxprime.com/forums/showpost.php?p=470177&postcount=1

Comptech headers on 2000 NSX before/after, 16hp gain. Since this is not a 3rd party test, I am not going to say this is valid, it is indeed too good to be true:
http://www.comptechusa.com/store/media/dyno/2000NSXscPlot3.pdf

Another example 315rwhp na:
http://www.nsxprime.com/forums/showthread.php?t=39059&highlight=headers+dyno

On a NA1 you may see as much as 20rwhp gain from headers alone. There are many threads and dyno before/after results.

If money no objective, you not going to find better choice than GT-One or Fujitsubo. While OEM NA2 header is good, do it if saving every penny is objective. Otherwise you can do better, on top of that NA1 exhaust piping is slightly larger than the NA2 design. Go to Autowave and compare the two in person, don't take my word for it. The gain on Adrain's system is combination of exhaust/header, not just oem header alone.

there is a pair of 3.2L headers for sale for 200$ on the prime forum.

if your looking for HP on the cheap, i would pick those up. our before and after dyno showed 15HP at the wheels from 3.0 to 3.2L headers.

If you have money to burn, go with an aftermarket one.

Im still wondering if those ebay 700$ ones are any good.

Since you have a 95. I highly recommend you get real aftermarket headers if you are able to spend more than $600. Read on if you like to find out why.

While OEM NA2 headers are great. Aftermarket headers still shown gain on NA2s. Usually the debate are does NA2 see gain from aftermarket headers? The answer is yes. Example here:

DC header on 02+ dyno before/after, pretty decent gain under the curve:
http://www.nsxprime.com/forums/showpost.php?p=470177&postcount=1

Comptech headers on 2000 NSX before/after, 16hp gain. Since this is not a 3rd party test, I am not going to say this is valid, it is indeed too good to be true:
http://www.comptechusa.com/store/media/dyno/2000NSXscPlot3.pdf

Another example 315rwhp na:
http://www.nsxprime.com/forums/showthread.php?t=39059&highlight=headers+dyno

On a NA1 you may see as much as 20rwhp gain from headers alone. There are many threads and dyno before/after results.

If money no objective, you not going to find better choice than GT-One or Fujitsubo. While OEM NA2 header is good, do it if saving every penny is objective. Otherwise you can do better, on top of that NA1 exhaust piping is slightly larger than the NA2 design. Go to Autowave and compare the two in person, don't take my word for it. The gain on Adrain's system is combination of exhaust/header, not just oem header alone.

Thanks for the reply man... Yea I know its a lot of buck for the bang, but damn those GT-One headers are just plain sick! :D

Whatever I end up getting will def. be aftermarket.... does anyone have any suggestions / experiences with getting any parts ceramic coated? :)

A friend of mine suggested this:

http://www.jet-hot.com/Pages/coatings.html

Thoughts?

The ceramic coatings work but may void certain manufacturer's warranties.

I've had my Comptech headers coated, inside and out, by Airborn Coatings. You can find pics in this photo album.

Here's an example:
2006_0715Image0143.jpg

The ceramic coatings work but may void certain manufacturer's warranties.

I've had my Comptech headers coated, inside and out, by Airborn Coatings. You can find pics in this photo album.

Here's an example:
2006_0715Image0143.jpg

Hmm that is a good point... did you see any performance improvements after coating them? Id hate to spend almost $3k on headers and have them rust after a few years of use... :frown:

I can't give you anything definitive on performance improvement since the coating was done after I spun a rod bearing at the track. However, my SOS 3.6L Stroker made more hp and torque than their previous 3.8L Stroker. How much of that is attributable to the coating is anyone's guess. But I can say, with certainty, that it didn't hurt.

Another thing to consider is that the coatings help keep the air temp w/i the engine bay much cooler.

One of the better shots showing the coated headers and oil pan:

3_6_Install2.jpg

I can't give you anything definitive on performance improvement since the coating was done after I spun a rod bearing at the track. However, my SOS 3.6L Stroker made more hp and torque than their previous 3.8L Stroker. How much of that is attributable to the coating is anyone's guess. But I can say, with certainty, that it didn't hurt.

Another thing to consider is that the coatings help keep the air temp w/i the engine bay much cooler.

One of the better shots showing the coated headers and oil pan:

3_6_Install2.jpg

oooo... yea im not sure if i would do that to some very expensive headers like the gt-ones.... ugh im so torn!

Back