Have you ever feel like you just spent lots of money on

...do a lot of reading here on prime and just hang out for 6 mos. before you make a real beginning to your search ...and in about 6 mos. you will have a good idea about what to do. Don't be in a rush! That is a sure fire way to get in a mess.

Thats some fine advice.
While you are reading, save up your cash, explore financing options, insurance, think about where you are going to park it/protect it.
first big decision point.. which year do you want?
That influences your pursuit of an NSX in many crazy ways...
91-94
95-96
97-01
02-05

That's why I bought one with 6000 miles. Even though it was 13 years old at the time, it still looked and smelled like a new car. I didn't want to feel like you think you might feel.

What a great find! I have to ask - what did you have to pay for that car?

That anyone would be happy with! What was the interior color? WQhat a find!

I bought my 91 red with black interior in 2003. Paid 39K.

You got a good deal in my opinion- that's worth it. Coupes are hard to find in later years and no more hard to find than 91s with 6k miles on em! That's a good find! Good for you - how did you get on to it?

How did I get on to it? Not sure what you mean-- How did I find it for sale? Online ad.

Right that's what I meant - you never know how one comes by info on a car like that. Was it a Prime ad or what? That's a great find. I know you're happy with it.

So the other question many have of low mile early cars is how is driving - any kinks to be worked out because it has been sitting around so much? Some cars don't respond to sitting - I've always thought that Hondas would probably be just fine. So any bugs you've had because of that?

Right that's what I meant - you never know how one comes by info on a car like that. Was it a Prime ad or what? That's a great find. I know you're happy with it.

So the other question many have of low mile early cars is how is driving - any kinks to be worked out because it has been sitting around so much? Some cars don't respond to sitting - I've always thought that Hondas would probably be just fine. So any bugs you've had because of that?

The only kinks I had to work out were were (over time) the issues related to early NSX's like Bose Speaker amps, window fix it thingie, climate contol unit. Nothing related to the actual driving experience. The car drove like new--and I put 400 miles on it to get it home from where I purchased it.

An old car.....
First let me tell you that i've being searching a nsx for a long time, being a member of this board for 2 years now and just love the car.

But now that I'm on the verge of buying one I now wonder if when i pay the money and drive back i will be thinking about the age of the car and the condition, its a 96 with maintanance records but with a little fading paint and scratches and rockchips, so the seat bolster is worn .. I dont now if you guys will understand my concern because most of you already have a nsx but all im asking is if you felt a little weird spending the money on a car that needed inmediate attention

Thanks for all your help
I wouldn't care at all (but then again i love old cars and don't mind spending money on them at all) if it's your first NSX i doubt you will regret it at all.

It is the only 20 year old car that I can compare to a 20 year old girl. Both on a middle aged mans "want" list.:biggrin: And yes, both will cost to upkeep.

I disagree.

20 year old Italian car and 20 year old Italian girl maybe.

But most 20 year old girls haven't experienced BATMANs' magic touch and when they do, the magic works in BATMANs' favor........

The only kinks I had to work out were were (over time) the issues related to early NSX's like Bose Speaker amps, window fix it thingie, climate contol unit. Nothing related to the actual driving experience. The car drove like new--and I put 400 miles on it to get it home from where I purchased it.

Thanks - that's good to know and something for all the nay sayers that don't think low milers are worth a premium. I happen to think they are!

Low mileage isn't necessary at all on a NSX it ain't Italian.

I surely agree A.S. - no dis on higher mile cars at all - it's all about how one is maintained.

Some have said that low miler cars are not worth a premium over higher mile cars and some even go so far as to say that a real low miler will have issues because it sat for so long. I think this speaks to that and not whether higher mileage cars are bad. All NSXs are as good as the maintenance routine they've had - plain and simple. Now would I rather have a low miler? Yes I would. The price of NSXs and all cars really is to a degree mileage driven; you just can't deny that. That's my only point.

Back