• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Gathering Interest. GT One v. 5.1 Stanless Steel Exhaust.

no drone with test pipes but major annoying rasp when I had the tp. It also got rid of the high pitch humming at 4k rpm. i'll be trying high flow cats next and see what happens, its like tuning a piano got to get the right pitch lol

You suck, why did you make me watch that. Now I have another part I want that I can't afford. It sounds so sweet!!!! Any sound differences between AL and TI? I want one!

OK, some have backed out, and some more shown interest.

Matt and any other interested party, please PM me if you are serious. I'm going to close this GB pertty soon to avoid additional exchange rate blood shed.

I can not keep this open and expect to honor those prices if the USD goes south.

OK, some have backed out, and some more shown interest.

Matt and any other interested party, please PM me if you are serious. I'm going to close this GB pertty soon to avoid additional exchange rate blood shed.

I can not keep this open and expect to honor those prices if the USD goes south.

Just quote in yens and the final price will be determine when you have to pay the supplier. Couldn't change more than 50usd and it shouldn't matter to those that really want it lol

Vance, i really would like a exhaust exactly like yours, but i can't right now ...
maybe in a month or so... i assume it will be cheaper than v5.1 as it have a more simple buil process and less material used...but in either case, can you give me a approximate quote?

..and as nsxtacey said... don't worry with the USD depreciation, give the YEN cost, and who is interested will keep interest wathever is the exchange rate.

Thanks,
Nuno

Nuno

I have the perfect answer for you.

I will sell you my exhaust as I order this 5.1 (I have the same exhaust as Vance). My exhaust has about 5k miles of use on it.

Let me know.

Matt,

well...i wasn't expecting that :biggrin::biggrin:

ok...sounds good... but let me do a couple of questions:

- is it the very same version as Vance's?? i'm talking about everything, like weight, tips, layout, etc...
- why the upgrade?? tone type, reduce loudness?? :biggrin::biggrin:

PM me details :wink:

thanks,
Nuno

Nuno

I have the perfect answer for you.

I will sell you my exhaust as I order this 5.1 (I have the same exhaust as Vance). My exhaust has about 5k miles of use on it.

Let me know.

Just quote in yens and the final price will be determine when you have to pay the supplier. Couldn't change more than 50usd and it shouldn't matter to those that really want it lol

You'll surprised how fast $50 bucks will make or break deals. lol

But anyway, I'll keep this thread open a another week or so.

I'll be in Vegas till Wednesday afternoon for the annual tobacco show.

I'll get back to you guys by Wednesday night.

I'm will accept payment on Thursday/Friday so Taita production will not be bottle necked by all the order at once.

Add me in for 5.1 single tip SS for NA2 LEV

Matt,

well...i wasn't expecting that :biggrin::biggrin:

ok...sounds good... but let me do a couple of questions:

- is it the very same version as Vance's?? i'm talking about everything, like weight, tips, layout, etc...
- why the upgrade?? tone type, reduce loudness?? :biggrin::biggrin:

PM me details :wink:

thanks,
Nuno

i didn't know people wanted to convert they're cars into an NSX-Vance R wannabe... hmmm... i see lots of business potential for you Vance :tongue:

i didn't know people wanted to convert they're cars into an NSX-Vance R wannabe... hmmm... i see lots of business potential for you Vance :tongue:

hihiihhiihih... not quite really....but after all, when we try to get the NSX-R look, we all end up looking quite alike to eachother... about the exhaust, i really liked the photo where Vance was holding this exhaust with only one hand :tongue::tongue:
and when my friend here bought one, almost at the same time as Vance, i fell on love with it :wink:

Nuno

All right guys, I'm back early. Vegas was too boring so I couldn't stay for another day. I was sad to see the biggest cigar convention in the world down sized to half of what it was last year. Broke my heart...

Back to the subject, yes, it's a go, I believe there are four confirmed order, one ishi-washi order. So the price is locked in for direct shipping to you from Japan. You can pay by check, Paypal, or Credit card.

Obviously you guys know it is made to order, therefore, first come first serve in terms of shipping order.

If you need to talk to me in person, call me at 714-267-4569 (that's the cell number for my business). If I don't pick it up, leave a message and I'll get back to you ASAP.

I am sorry I am new but what makes this exhaust 5 times the cost of other exhausts?? I heard of Tubi but GT ONE:confused:
Does it give you like 20 more horsepower than other exhausts out for there? Or is it just the name people are paying for?
I am sure its the latter so is there any dyno testing done with these? I would like to know the performance gains of this exhaust.

I am sorry I am new but what makes this exhaust 5 times the cost of other exhausts?? I heard of Tubi but GT ONE:confused:
Does it give you like 20 more horsepower than other exhausts out for there? Or is it just the name people are paying for?
I am sure its the latter so is there any dyno testing done with these? I would like to know the performance gains of this exhaust.

It's not 5 times higher than other exhaust:confused: It gives a higher pitch than just about any other NSX exhaust and the sound is pretty intoxicating.

Plus if you think that's expensive try getting the Titanium GruppeM exhaust:eek:

The price isn't for the name, and it's not for the HP increase. The big deal about this exhaust is that it sounds amazing.

I personally saw a Titanium 5.1 dyno tested on an '02+ (CTSC, headers, intake filter) and it didn't pick up any more power compared to the exhaust that was already on there (GTLW). How does that translate into HP gains on an N/A? I don't know, but I'd guess one would see similar results.

J

It's not 5 times higher than other exhaust:confused: It gives a higher pitch than just about any other NSX exhaust and the sound is pretty intoxicating.

Plus if you think that's expensive try getting the Titanium GruppeM exhaust:eek:

Unless it sounds like me screwing the hell out of Kim Kardashion...I guess I am too old to understand...lol. I would never pay 2-3 times as much for just the sound unless some performance gains came with it. Does any one have any power dyno numbers or comparision with other exhausts ? It will be very interesting to see.

Unless it sounds like me screwing the hell out of Kim Kardashion...I guess I am too old to understand...lol. I would never pay 2-3 times as much for just the sound unless some performance gains came with it. Does any one have any power dyno numbers or comparision with other exhausts ? It will be very interesting to see.

3 reasons people buy after market exhaust: Weight savings, performance, and sound.

First off, every thing from Japan cost more. Even for the same product offered in the US. For example, DC Sports header goes for around $1600 in the US but is sold as GruppeM in Japan for $2700.

Or OEM parts: NSX OEM Leather seats are sold through the dealers for about $5000 USD each, in japan, they go for about $7500.

Any GT-One exhaust are make with perfect fitment and workmanship. I have never heard any of their product with fitment issues or cracking problems like some of the US made exhaust product.

Regardless, if you think GT-One product are expensive, try Ferrari stuff. They are even more.

Last edited:

If you want to screw the hell out of KK, you're not too old :biggrin:

But I agree with you that I can't justify the cost just for the sound when I can get the same HP and still very good sound from so many less expensive exhausts. Perhaps if I had more money burning a hole in my pocket I'd think otherwise, but the way things are... I just can't afford it :frown:

J

Ian, payment received and order sent to Japan. Once the payment is cleared through the Credit card company, I will wire the money to Japan.

Here is the order validation:
GT-One v5.1 for "late" NA2 LEV NSX
Optional Single Tip.
Test Pipes

You're the first to pay, so you're the first to get it.

Thanks

I did a dyno w/ my NA2 with comptech headers...total gain 20rwhp. Headers don't do much for NA2 since it already has headers so gain is minimal, somwhere between 5-8rwph and the exhaust probably added 10-15rwhp. Gain is ok but the sound is what everyone wants. It is expensive but the sound is unique whereas all other H pipe design exhaust that cost 1/2 all sound the same to me. Tubi does sound good but has had its fitment issues. Get a supercharger if you want hp gain because bolts on are not going to give you much gain. All the money I spent on tuning the sound cost as much as a supercharger. :eek:

Vance,

in a post above, you mentioned "their headers"...are those the same headers that Hitoshi sold under the name "F1 headers" ?!?! if so, how much (shiiped to Lisbon, portugal)???

Thanks,
Nuno

Back