• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Gathering Interest. GT One v. 5.1 Stanless Steel Exhaust.

Vance,

ok...i got your quote, thanks very much for it... i just hope i can get the money to buy them anytime soon so i can say to you "order away" ...

my issue is not will, it's money... and with that comes "timing" to jump and get your GB...i just hope everything lines up so i end with a nice set of Vance's headers :wink::wink:

Thanks,
Nuno

Last edited:
Vance, I have total confidence in you.

I see you as a pillar and important part of our NSX community and know you would do nothing to jeopardize your great standing in this community.

Many thanks again in facilitating my dream come true of GT - One ownership !!!

Ian

^Subscribing

I sent my deposit to a guy named Chris, had my money for 90 plus days for a GT-One exhaust; Ended up giving me some lame excuse for not delivering. :rolleyes:

So who is the Chris you're talking about? Now I'm really curious:confused::confused::confused:

After dealing the Henry (GT-One USA), Hitoshi San of GT-Rom, Nishimura San of Signal/POP, and KITE Garage, etc, I never heard of any one by the name Chris who is authorized to deal GT-One product?

My Latest E-mail to Japan:

Nishimura San, it is important the 2 orders are complete without problems (No mix-up). More people are watching this two orders to make sure the transaction is "legitimate."

Once the two product is safely delivered to Canada and New York, you will see more buyers.

Vance

From Nishimura San through the latest e-mail

Contend is surprisingly pleasent:wink:

GT-ONE receive the answer to ONE delivery date 1 half month.

Vance San

It is a friend because it has had dealings many times.

The commodity is surely sent to two places in this dealings.

And, I want to deepen trust again.

I will arrange immediately in there is transfer procedure thank you.

Thanks

So the original 3 months ETA was a little conservative. According to Nishimura San, the exhaust should be done within 6 weeks.

Last edited:
Just six more weeks and I'll rule the world!
Dr_Evil.jpg

Muhahahaha!

Last edited:
You want to follow the progress? You subscribe and you read.

A heads up? Beneficial? How do you figure that?
Your post has no relevance to this person putting together this buy or the folks considering it.
You don't give a full name or details to a supposed exchange that has no connection to this buy. It's vague suggestion and innuendo that casts a veil of doubt on the proceedings here.
The real "heads up" is about you.

If you have a beef with some fellow go start your own thread in
"Buyer, Seller & Vendor Experiences" , give the full business name
and real details not this pot shot smear.
If you don't have the belly to lay it on the line then suffer your supposed loss in silence. I'll be sure to let you know how cool my new exhaust sounds.:biggrin:

How and why do you see the reason to be so dramatic? What's the difference between what I've said and the other members whom contributed their experiences with their non-Vance exhaust purchases? Just because you placed an order with Vance gives you superiority to post anything you want, which includes flamboyant (read: irrelevant) threads such as:

Just six more weeks and I'll rule the world!
Muhahahaha!

I'm not casting a color on anyone. Most members I have meet on Prime, both on-line and off-line, are courteous and respectful; While you may somewhat deviate. Who are you to judge me and aSSume what my intent was? If you have something else to say, we'll talk via PM. I respect Vance's right to keep his thread on topic.

Last edited:
ok back to topic...

2. People who want the product but doesn't want to participate in the buy, but will make comments that has nothing to do with the buy.

Also, I have absolutely no doubt that some buyers wants to see results from the current buy before they commit, which is totally understandable.

Both of these quotes relate to me :smile:

So who is the Chris you're talking about? Now I'm really curious:confused::confused::confused:

Chris of SOS of course :smile: PM for details if you'd like. Don't want some of your customers boiling about unrelated comments now.

There is a difference between "seems" like a stand up guy and "is" a stand up guy:wink:

Honestly, I've only met you once in person, but have spoke on multiple occasions via PM. Other than a difference of political views, what else can I say? :tongue:

Good luck and looking forward to your progress.

I respect Vance's right to keep his thread on topic.

There you go again.
You say your respect Vance's right to keep it on topic but in your very next post your're back with your experience with Chris at SOS. Please start your own thread in Buyers Sellers Experiences section where it belongs. That's the correct way and if your story holds water then others can learn from it, which is what you claim you want to achieve.

What keeps you from buying? You say Vance is a stand up guy and that you met him.
You obviuosly want one. You just posted for one a couple of days ago in the "Parts Wanted" section. C'mon. Step right up. :biggrin:

Last edited:
It's not 5 times higher than other exhaust:confused: It gives a higher pitch than just about any other NSX exhaust and the sound is pretty intoxicating.

Plus if you think that's expensive try getting the Titanium GruppeM exhaust:eek:
Try getting any Gruppe-M exhaust for that matter.:rolleyes: Getting harder to find.

Vance,

Do these folks make test pipes say for a 1996 and do they have a O2 sensor bungs? If so, how much?

BTW, the more I see of the dual pipe pics the more I like. They evoke an image of machine gun barrels sticking out from the rear valance.

When you buy the exhaust, does it come with a gasket kit ?

I don't believe so. I didn't get them when I got my v.2. I just used the original OEM gaskets. When I got my Fujitsubo header, it came with a new set for the header side; I'm not sure if it's a standard practice for JDM venders to give out the gasket. Sorry.

pbassjo, I think the test pipes are $300USD. I think you can find them cheaper through a US vender for none GT-One brand. If you want, I can get them as well. There might be another order next week, I can send the money with it if the deal solidifies.

BTW guys, RJP has a NA1 5.1 for sale for $3150 shipping. If you're willing to pay a little more and have a NA1, he's got one for immediate delivery.

News from Japan. From two sources.

An unidentified source and Nishimura San of POP Signal Auto told me that there will be a series of counterfeit GT-One v.5.1 to be released on to Yahoo Auction Japan. It is not manufactured by Kuroda Metal House but rather some other small time metal shop.

So far, there has been one seen on the site and the seller did not use the actual pictures of the exhaust they're selling.

More information coming soon when I get them

Last edited:
I would stress to the folks out there with '02+ valance, get the single tip. I am getting rid of mine as the quad tips will cause issues. fyi, hope this helps.

P.S. best sounding exhaust for the NSX, hands down!!!!!!!!!

Most of the pics I've seen on the GT-One web site have the 02+ valance with dual tips.

What were your issues?

Where is the problem? I think you're the first to have any fitment related complaint. If there are problems, people should be notified with reasons supporting the complaint.

3.jpg

DSC004691.JPG

DSC00460.JPG

IMG_0028.jpg

IMG_0029.jpg

I think the dual tips look like machine gun barrels sticking out at you.

I like.:biggrin:

Norman, I just send the information to Japan for your 2003 NA2 LEV single tip GT-One SS v.5.1 exhaust. waiting for payment.

I think the dual tips look like machine gun barrels sticking out at you.

I like.:biggrin:
they look beautiful in person...but some may have an issue with the tip shifting as it gets hot..if it touches the valance, it will leave a mark. I got a small mark on my valance. so not sure i will keep it on there...very odd, when the car is cool, it has good clearance.....when the car warms up, the tip creeps up, it's only on one side of the car. i bet i could make an adjustment to keep this from happening, but i just dont want to take a risk for further issues. my buddy came over and looked at it and said i was nuts, and too anal lol...but that's just me. regardless, i am flirting with the whole f-car thing anyway, or maybe a lambo....sometime in '09....so my car will likely be sold without the gt1 anyways, so that's a motivating factor too....so if i intended to keep the car for the long haul, i would figure out and solve my problem and keep the quad tips...i will take a pic of the burn spot this weekend for you guys, but it's far back in the valance away from external view, so it's not an issue unless you are really looking for it while leaning down on the ground. p.s. someone else (chado?) also commented about a problem too....i will see his comment and update.

i would go quad tip all over again, just a head's up, thats all..

p.s. was trying to answer vancehu's question with this reply as well...hope it helps:)

Last edited:
they look beautiful in person...but some may have an issue with the tip shifting as it gets hot..if it touches the valance, it will leave a mark. I got a small mark on my valance. so not sure i will keep it on there...very odd, when the car is cool, it has good clearance.....when the car warms up, the tip creeps up, it's only on one side of the car. i bet i could make an adjustment to keep this from happening, but i just dont want to take a risk for further issues. my buddy came over and looked at it and said i was nuts, and too anal lol...but that's just me. regardless, i am flirting with the whole f-car thing anyway, or maybe a lambo....sometime in '09....so my car will likely be sold without the gt1 anyways, so that's a motivating factor too....so if i intended to keep the car for the long haul, i would figure out and solve my problem and keep the quad tips...i will take a pic of the burn spot this weekend for you guys, but it's far back in the valance away from external view, so it's not an issue unless you are really looking for it while leaning down on the ground. p.s. someone else (chado?) also commented about a problem too....i will see his comment and update.

p.s. was trying to answer vancehu's question with this reply as well...hope it helps:)
That's very odd, about five local primers they all have this exhaust, none of them had that complaint. Maybe you can do some adjustment on the hinge to minimize the problem. Good luck and post some video clip!!!:wink:

I have the same exhaust. It fits perfectly fine on my with no issues at all.

I know you are picky and I like that. Because I am the same type:redface:, if you are concerned, you can use a sheet of heat wrap and wrap it around one of the tip that is close to the valence. You can do so in a way that it is not visible.

That shop that installed my just bolted it on and did not even adjust anything before tighten the bolts. There is got to be at least 3~5mm adjustment available vertically L/R.

Last edited:
Back